Salas + Maresca leaving (1 Viewer)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Juve scrap Salas contract Friday 8 July, 2005

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marcelo Salas is no longer a Juventus player after the two parties mutually agreed to terminate his contract .

"Marcelo has rescinded his contract and can now begin to negotiate a transfer as a free agent," revealed his agent Fernando Hidalgo.

The Chilean striker joined the Turin giants in August 2001 but never lived up to expectations following his move from Lazio.

He suffered a knee ligament injury in his first season at the Delle Alpi and never really recovered to break into the Juve first team.

Salas, who still had one year left on his Old Lady contract, has spent the last two seasons on loan at River Plate.

The 31-year-old is now likely to sign a permanent deal with the Argentine outfit, a club for whom he netted 24 goals in 53 games between 1996 and 1998.

Meanwhile, reports are gathering pace that Enzo Maresca will definitely leave Juventus this summer.

Premiership side Fulham are ready to make a £3m bid for the midfield player who spent last term at Fiorentina.

source: channel4.com

How I wish Maresca would still be playing for us :down:

Buy on AliExpress.com

/usr/bin

Excellent
Mar 6, 2005
It's better for him to go.. He won't get any playing time at Juve, that's for sure, and if he wants to make it to wc2006 (i fully believe he's capable), he's gotta go..

I am, of course, talking about Enzo Maresca.. :D

OP
ZhiXin

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #4
    yup, this means that I haven't been here for quite a while :)

Mods can some1 lock this?

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
    Salas leaving ! THe happiest Juve news yet! i've been waiting for this for too long.

Maresca for 3million pounds? Just because we got him cheap doesnt mean his value is cheap.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
    I think Maresca is a great talent which Capello should make use of.
    This past season Maresca and Camoranesi showed great deffensive talents. This only means that we can do with only 1 true deffensive midfielder.
    Meaning we can coup with playing like this:
    Buffon
    Zebina Thuram Cannavaro Zambrotta
    Camoranesi Emerson/Blasi Maresca Nedved
    any two strikers

This way he can play regularly. Plus with this formation we have replacement for nedved in the form of Mutu. He is a terrific left wing.
    Personally if you ask me I'd bid on Bonera. He is a great talent and we need him so much. THEN if we had enough money and want to spend a young Centre Back is to build a future deffense.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    If I was a coach oh how I'd love to be able to bring in Maresca and Emre for a combined fee of 7m.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
    50% of Maresca costed 5 million last year, and since he had quite a good season I think he will cost somewhere between 5-7 million.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)