Sagnol to snub Juventus offer (1 Viewer)

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
Category: <b>Transfer</b><br><br>Juventus target Willy Sagnol has reportedly turned down a move to Turin in favour of staying at Bayern Munich.

It was widely expected that the defender would arrive at the Stadio Delle Alpi in the summer on a free transfer.

However, reports in the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung newspaper have insisted that the Frenchman has now decided to stay with the German giants.

The international, formerly of Saint-Etienne, is said to have signed an extension with the side until 2010.

Bayern have refused to comment on the speculation but would be delighted to keep hold of the 28-year-old.

Bayern chief Karl Heinz Rummenigge will be particularly pleased to pip Juventus to the player after he openly criticised their market behaviour last month.

Sagnol has been in Bavaria since 2000 during which time he has won the Champions League, four Bundesliga titles and three German Cups.

The Old Lady of Italian football will now have to reassess their transfer strategy if Sagnol has in fact extended his present agreement.

They were ready to sell Jonathan Zebina, another free capture, but may decide to reconsider that option.

Meanwhile, other reports today suggest that Juventus are keen on signing Bayern Munich captain Michael Ballack.

The German international midfielder, who is also wanted by a host of European clubs including Inter, is available on a Bosman at the end of the season.<br><br>Source: Football Italia

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Marty

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #5
    I don't think we've lost him yet, might just be a way to squeeze out some extra cash from Moggi's pockets. ;)

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Why is that? Hes not even that great. Bayern is probably a better place for him than Juve. Hes the man there. At Juve hes just another one of the guys. I give him props so far for thinking his transfer over.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
    Enron said:
    Why is that? Hes not even that great. Bayern is probably a better place for him than Juve. Hes the man there. At Juve hes just another one of the guys. I give him props so far for thinking his transfer over.
    If he wants to be one of the worlds best, then he should go to juve. when not, he should stay with bayern

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
    Enron said:
    Thats awfully arrogant of you to say. But I think Juve could do better. Even though Wally is the man.
    that is not arrogant, that is fact. Serie A is better than bundesliga, and juve is better than bayern

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)