Sad but True - AS Roma (1 Viewer)

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
As much as I hate Roma, I do not want to see the club fall apart. It is better for Italian football when more clubs are able to fight for the scudetto. If every year began with the possibility of only Juve and Milan winning the title, then our football would be boring and lacking suspense and intreague. We would be like Scotland with only Rangers and Celtic competing for honors. There is not much interest in Scotish football outside of Scotland.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Ian - I think it all come down to politics.

Political link Sensi have will probably give Roma short term funds to fill in finance prior to the season and then, surprise surprise, Roma buys a player with money they dont have!:eek:. Couple of changes on bankruptcy and accounting rules also helps.:frown:.

Anyway, I personally dont think it is a bad idea to ask for fans to help the club. Heck, I would be willing to do that if Juve was in trouble. The problem is that Sensi should give up part of his shares as well and step down as the Chairman for being responsible of taking the club into debt.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Padovano ] ++
As much as I hate Roma, I do not want to see the club fall apart. It is better for Italian football when more clubs are able to fight for the scudetto. If every year began with the possibility of only Juve and Milan winning the title, then our football would be boring and lacking suspense and intreague. We would be like Scotland with only Rangers and Celtic competing for honors. There is not much interest in Scotish football outside of Scotland.
I don't know how many people want them to crumble into oblivion, but I for one am happy about this news simply because it means we have a much greater possibility of signing our most sought after transfer targets

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
Yep. Italian football should stay with many competitors. Its not a tragedy we didnt win anything this season- we only proved this isnt a 1 team league.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
But somehow, this doesnt have fvck all to do with transfers.. (only indirectly)

A mod should move this to somewhere else.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
:stress: what's with the popularity of the transfer forum these days? Nobody seems to be able to open threads in Misc soccer :sigh:

Moved

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
How the **** do clubs do this to themselves. What the hell do they spend 100million dollars on to go bankrupt by that much. How ****ing stupid are their accountants.

Thank god Juve hire decent accountants and financial advisors, or should I say, thank god Juve's board members use their sense when considering financial decisions.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
:stress: what's with the popularity of the transfer forum these days? Nobody seems to be able to open threads in Misc soccer :sigh:

Moved
Dont act like its a tragedy. You only noticed it was in the wrong place when i said so:D

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Actually I noticed a while ago :) Notice I pasted that moved message in 2 different thread ;)

Sep 1, 2002
++ [ originally posted by juve1717 ] ++

SAD!!:fero:

Its not sad, It is a wonderful thing!!:D,

I hope those suckers end up like fiorentina!!

...or worst:D
What do you want then; a one team league. Watch formular one insted then.

Fiorentina where once wonderful to behold. We welcome them back, and hope to beat them on the playing field.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Jun-hide ] ++
Ian - I think it all come down to politics.

Political link Sensi have will probably give Roma short term funds to fill in finance prior to the season and then, surprise surprise, Roma buys a player with money they dont have!:eek:. Couple of changes on bankruptcy and accounting rules also helps.:frown:.
It sounds like you mean fraud, not politics.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++
This is troubling. I keep hearing again and again that Roma are in a dire financial situation, but then they are also signing some of the world's best young players. How can both things be true?
only one word mate, CORRUPTION!!

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Jun-hide ] ++
The problem is that Sensi should give up part of his shares as well and step down as the Chairman for being responsible of taking the club into debt.
but before that,he should get the club out of debt,or at least try to right?

stepping down and walking away would be a most irresponsible and ungraceful thing to do.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by bianconero ] ++
I find it sad news and hope the fans help to keep the club going.
Yeap... is funny to see roma losing in the field against any team or against juve.. but is not funny anymore when they are reaching bankrupt and have a risk of dissapear.

That can just only vring more despair to an already damaged Serie A.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)