Ruben Olivera (2 Viewers)

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
As long as we get 3-5 million for him, I don't care were he is headed.
At least, if he isn't available on a free transfer this summer, does anyone know if he still has a contract at Juve?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I thought he went to some Uruguayan side (Dunubio?) on an 18 month loan, which would see out the rest of his Juve contract.

Daria_Uruguay

Aug 28, 2006
OFFICIAL: Olivera on loan to Penarol.

Couldn't even get a million or two. :(

http://www.juventus.com/site/ita/NEWS_newsseriea_390D051C6E2B4F0EA35F0AFB576E4F39.asp
million or two ... mmm, we are talking about uruguayan football league, where most teams are almost amateurs and the big ones as peñarol´s best salaries are around 10.000 dollars a month .....

to sell it in a million or two in latinamerican football he should be really really good and go to argentina or mexico

Daria_Uruguay

Aug 28, 2006
I thought he went to some Uruguayan side (Dunubio?) on an 18 month loan, which would see out the rest of his Juve contract.
the name is Danubio, as the river ....

most uruguayans good players came from that club

Olivera is playing in Peñarol where he is hate by the supporters. He has lost the league final this afternoon.
He was raised in Danubio, he came from a very poor place in the border with brasil when he was a very young boy, I think he is technically good but he was not prepared to a life as a famous player with access to everything. But he is a good guy.

A few days ago he said he is a Danubio fan, and he will love to play there ( imagine how happy the peñarol supports were)

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
It seems he finished his move to Genoa...

This is a great day for Juventus

:flag3: :flag3: :flag3: :flag2: :flag2: :flag2: :flag2: :flag3: :flag3: :flag2: :flag3: :flag2: :flag3: :flag2: :flag3:

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Genoa bring in Olivera Tuesday 22 July, 2008
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Genoa have practically agreed a deal for Penarol and former Juventus midfielder Ruben Olivera, announced the club.

“The player is due in Italy in the next few hours with his manager and should meet with the directors to verify the possibility of signing for the Grifone,” confirmed the Genoa website.

“In case of a positive outcome, Olivera would transfer to Austria on Wednesday or Thursday morning to join his new teammates in pre-season training.

“There is a certain optimism among the Rossoblu for a happy conclusion to this operation.”

It would not be Olivera's first experience in Serie A, as the 25-year-old Trequartista joined Juventus in 2003 with four goals in 39 appearances.

He had loan spells at Atletico Madrid and Sampdoria before going to Penarol for the last six months.

The Uruguayan has rediscovered his form here and scored five goals in 14 games, though he is still technically owned by Juve.

Source: Channel4
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's funny how they say tha Genoa agreed terms with Penarol, while Olivera is our player. Anyone knows how much we could get for him?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Amusingly enough, I remember it was reported to be for 0, nada. We just really wanted to get rid of him, and I cant blame them.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
It seems he finished his move to Genoa...

This is a great day for Juventus

:flag3: :flag3: :flag3: :flag2: :flag2: :flag2: :flag2: :flag3: :flag3: :flag2: :flag3: :flag2: :flag3: :flag2: :flag3:
wow , you are very happy that he will leave :rofl:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)