Rossoneri rage at Awards snub (1 Viewer)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Rossoneri rage at Awards snub
Wednesday 17 December, 2003

Carlo Ancelotti and Gennaro Gattuso have bitterly criticised the lack of Milan players up for the Balon d’Or and FIFA Award this season.

“I wonder whether we won the Champions’ League or whether it was all a dream,” sniped Ancelotti after not a single Rossoneri star was nominated for the FIFA World Player of the Year award.

“I think I will go to the trophy room at our club headquarters and check whether the Cup is there or not. I want to be sure.”

Milan were crowned the Champions of Europe and lifted the Coppa Italia, but despite doing the Double they were largely ignored in the votes for top players of 2003.

Zinedine Zidane was a controversial choice for the FIFA Award, beating Thierry Henry and Ronaldo, while the highest placed Milan star was Paolo Maldini in ninth.

It now seems almost certain that Juve’s Pavel Nedved – who did not feature in the Old Trafford Final due to a ban – will be handed the prestigious Balon d’Or.

“I don’t believe in these awards any more,” added Gennaro Gattuso. “I have no problem with the French voting system, but in my view the best player very rarely wins. The victory goes to the man with the biggest sponsors.”

Football Italia

===

Well he has a point..

Buy on AliExpress.com
Sep 28, 2002
well of course they have a point, but....

nedved says he doesnt care whether we'll win ballon d'or or not. well, i believe he cares but he DOES NOT say that.

while stars from milan just feel aggrieved and not appreciated. just go, play the game and wimn another trophy, stop biatching.

they remind me of ronaldo.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Nedved is saying that he dont care.. but if he wins of course he will be honoured...

but im very sure that inside he is like "holy shit i have to win that!! I HAVE To WIN!"

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
Nedved is saying that he dont care.. but if he wins of course he will be honoured...

but im very sure that inside he is like "holy shit i have to win that!! I HAVE To WIN!"
i believe he is thinking "**** man, i cant believe i'm tipped to win this, i cant believe it. bu cl comes first. meeting real in semis and cutting mcmanaman's throat and kicking milan's ass in the final. then i can take ballon"

i really think he doesn;t give a shit. he wants cl trophy.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Or maybe, just maybe, that Milan is a team that as a whole is better than the sum of its parts.

And that's not an insult, for any of the rossoneri out there.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
Obviously Nedved wants to win it, but he doesnt want it to distract him, and thats a cool thing because it makes him be more focused

Oct 2, 2002
++ [ originally posted by USA Juventini ] ++
Or maybe, just maybe, that Milan is a team that as a whole is better than the sum of its parts.

And that's not an insult, for any of the rossoneri out there.
could be true..but still......
win in CL and UEFA SUPER CUP, loosing on penalties to Boca in intercontinental....leading in Sera A with Roma...., qualifying to the next round in CL.....WTF!!!:confused::(:fero: this is stupid...what did Zidane win? only stupid La LIGa?:groan: who cares.....of course he is a great player..but he did not do any special this season!!!! NEDVED and MALDINI were way better!!!!!! Juve beat a hell from Real Madrid....and along with Milan...the two clubs showed spanish clubs to where they belong..!!!! this is stupid...same about ROnaldo.....and the lonely arsenal hero-->Henry..:D pfffffffff....this is funny....why da hell Henry? :confused::D:LOL:

that sux guys...

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Forza AC Milan ] ++

win in CL and UEFA SUPER CUP, loosing on penalties to Boca in intercontinental....leading in Sera A with Roma...., qualifying to the next round in CL.....WTF!!!:confused::(:fero: this is stupid...what did Zidane win? only stupid La LIGa?:groan: who cares.....of course he is a great player..but he did not do any special this season!!!! NEDVED and MALDINI were way better!!!!!! Juve beat a hell from Real Madrid....and along with Milan...the two clubs showed spanish clubs to where they belong..!!!! this is stupid...same about ROnaldo.....and the lonely arsenal hero-->Henry..:D pfffffffff....this is funny....why da hell Henry? :confused::D:LOL:

that sux guys...
true...but u guys know what, as a player winning trophies with ur team is way better than winning individual awards. it's not like u're on the pitch ALONE vs 11 opposition players...it's 11 vs 11. so, IMO all this ballob d'or and world player award are crap..!! @the end of the day, u still have to play with 10 other guys.

having sed that, i still want nedved to win it tho :D:D:D

Aug 1, 2003
im still surprised how people ignore inzaghi's presence as the nominee for the ballon d'or.

i think milan have enough nominees for the ballon d'or but yes i too feel sometimes people do not give them enough.. hype they deserve for winning the CL

but milan's more of a team effort than individuals i think

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #14
    ++ [ originally posted by Forza AC Milan ] ++

that sux guys...
    Exactly ;)

Oct 2, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by kaizer ] ++
    so, IMO all this ballob d'or and world player award are crap..!! @the end of the day, u still have to play with 10 other guys.

having sed that, i still want nedved to win it tho :D:D:D
    absolutely right....:cool:cannot agree more on that!;)

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
    Nov 16, 2003
    Its the anti-Italian football thing...the award is between Nedved and Maldini. The others are irrelevant. My prediction is not neither will get it. How cares...the wanton disregard of the voters has been evident for a long time. Players like Scirea, Baresi and Maldini don't receive it and players like Sammer do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)