Ronaldo wins Golden Ball (1 Viewer)

Oct 2, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Oded ] ++
forget about henry. trezeguet should be at least in the top 5. no kidding here!

24 goals in the serie A (top goal scorer). serie A player of the year.
scored 8 goals in the CL, and if i remember correct from 11 mathces.

if you ask me, it's too much world cup here.
hahahahaaa looool Oded...no trez no sheva....:D:D: both suck :D:D:D u know what I mean :D:D:D diop is much better than sheva and trez :D:D:D
Sheva first season 24 goals in seria A
second season 22 goals (2nd spot)
about 100 goals if not more scored for milan...

I think this is a stupid award..it is only for WC or EC teams and players...just a bull$$$itT they, FIFA, simply show us they work...they better make an award of a most cruel and biases referee in WC !!!:fero::fero::fero::fero:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
I think you all are getting carried away here. Italy sucked big time last season, country & clubs. I think Ronaldo deserves it considering that the WC is the biggest pie of football.Frankly am surprised that DP got No. 10.

Go ahead roast me alive :p

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
++ [ originally posted by [DJ Juve] ] ++
i cannot believe Bastark a.k.a worst-diver-ever-behind-totti got more pts than dp :eek:
Basturk had a wonderful season and the numerous times I watched him play I was impressed. He totally deserves what he's got.

OP
Signor

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #25
    I Think Basturk position Came From The Acheivement of his Country in the WC and his Team Leverkusen reaching the final of the CL.

BTW DaJuve i'm the one who's gonna roast you alive;) Don't you Know
    It's :star::strong::thumb: DEL PIERO :star::strong::thumb:

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by JuVe!! ] ++
    Why is Thierry Henry there (EPL Top Scorer Only) ??
    Trezeguet would be better he was 2nd Top goal scorer in CL Last Year and top Serie A Scorer last Season. so Why this Damn Henry ??:fero::groan::(:confused:
    why henry !!! henry deserve it more than ronaldo !!!

and about trezeguet yeah i know he must be over ronaldo aswell

for me i think that ballak and raul were the victims of this award one of them atleast should get it for the WHOLE 2002 year

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
    to sum everything: this list and award are absolute CRAP! it's not considering the real performance and it's too much based on the World Cup (which was very suck).
    this List shows nothing and i'm very disgusted with that list.

DaJuve, i not agree with you.

hahahahaaa looool Oded...no trez no sheva.... :D :D :D: both suck :D :D :D u know what I mean diop is much better than sheva and trez :D :D :D
    Sheva first season 24 goals in seria A
    second season 22 goals (2nd spot)
    about 100 goals if not more scored for milan...

I think this is a stupid award..it is only for WC or EC teams and players...just a bull$$$itT they, FIFA, simply show us they work...they better make an award of a most cruel and biases referee in WC !!!
    :D

sheva can't complain about it because he played very few time, for his unfortunateness

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    In a world cup year , the best player of that wc is always the European footballer of the year and Ronaldo scored 8 goals in the wc

In 1982 the European footballer of the year was Paolo Rossi and prior to the wc he was suspended and he missed most of the year also

Now you might have scored 24 golas in SerieA or whatever but if you do sweet F.A in the wc, you will not win it

I am not sure what all the controversy is about as no one player had an outstanding season , the nearest to that being Ballack but he won nothing and they do not give such awards to losers

Whilst players like Carlos are defenders and they tend not to give it to defenders as Baresi amd Maldini shoulda won it in the past so no surprises there either

As for Sheva he had his worst season since his arrival in Italy so he should be totally discounted

Ronaldo might have missed most of the season but he shone when it mattered the most and remember he was 45 minutes away from adding the scudetto to that as well

Its not a fair way of judging anybody's season but its always been done that way

mate

Aug 28, 2002
    Yes, I'm agree, the WC is the most important competition and Ronaldo won it making 8 goals... so ther's not mutch to complain about that decision.
    In my personal opinion Roberto Carlos deserved it more cause he won everything, playing and beeing determinant all the year... anycase is not a scandal.

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    Sorry Oded but I do respect your opinion. :) Denco has done an excellent job of expalining the situation - Welcome back :D

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by DaJuve ] ++
    I know JuVe!! but he had a lousy season last year. We have to be objective though :)
    Who had a lousy season last year? Surely you don't mean Del Piero? Is leading your club to Scudetto glory (16 goals & 7 assists in 32 matches),having a relatively good CL campagne (4 goals & 3 assists) and scoring a WC goal (note he only played 90 mins all together) lousy? I think not.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
    Today Ronaldo was proclamed also the winner of the FIFA world player btw.

http://www.fifa.com/

That is voted by all the NT coaches... so... media and coaches are agree: Ronaldo is the best player of the world right now.

By my self I think you need to play more, not only few match a season to be the best, but I have to say that Ronaldo was present in the most important moments...

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by DP's_Apprentice ] ++
    Who had a lousy season last year? Surely you don't mean Del Piero? Is leading your club to Scudetto glory (16 goals & 7 assists in 32 matches),having a relatively good CL campagne (4 goals & 3 assists) and scoring a WC goal (note he only played 90 mins all together) lousy? I think not.
    Well he was named Juventuz World Player of the Year, that's all that matters ;)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    A post borrowed from xtratime to comment the Fifa award...
    http://www.xtratime.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1268370

===

Well, Ze Da Fiel you are right about many coaches not having an idea. Have you actually looked at which countries coaches voted for him as their first choice. Go to Fifa.com and you'll see that about 95% of them come from countries that either don't even play football regularly or don't have a professional league. How are these coaches supposed to have an idea of who is currently the best? Your right, the only thing coaches like this can do is look at is the WC for help that's why they should scrap this award, it's joke.

Here is just a few:

American Samoa
    Austria
    Bangladesh
    Belarus
    Belize
    Bhutan
    Bosnia
    Canada
    Cayman Island
    Cook Island, etc, etc....

On the contrary if you look at coaches from countries that play football regurlarly and are forced to have to study these European players on a constant basis, the selections are much more intelligent.

Argentina - Raul
    Belgium - Roberto Carlos
    Chile - Henry
    Denmark - Zidane
    England - Roberto Carlos
    France - Owen
    Germany - Zidane
    Italy - Roberto Carlos
    Mexico - Kahn
    Holland - Henry
    Northern Ireland - Raul
    Norway - Kahn
    Paraguay - Zidane
    Portugal - Raul
    Scotland - Ballack
    Russia - Ronaldo
    Spain - Ballack
    Sweden - Vieri
    Yugoslavia - Ronaldo

This proves one thing, that the majority of the votes that Ronaldo got we're from countries that either play little football or know very little about the different players in Europe. Where as the majority of coaches that voted from countries which are knowledgable of European based players mainly voted for other players. Ronaldo being picked for this award is a pure indication that it's really just a popularity contest and not who is the best player of the year.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    I don't care what anyone says,I still don't think Ronaldo deserved it. Roberto Carlos,Raul,Ballack,anyone as long as it's not that stupid buck teethed Brazilian!:devil::fero:

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by DP's_Apprentice ] ++Who had a lousy season last year? Surely you don't mean Del Piero? Is leading your club to Scudetto glory (16 goals & 7 assists in 32 matches),having a relatively good CL campagne (4 goals & 3 assists) and scoring a WC goal (note he only played 90 mins all together) lousy? I think not.
    I don't think Del Piero led Juve to the scudetto last year. It was more like a team effort and Trez's goals, the odd Ferrarra goal & a brilliant Gigi. Don't get me wrong I have nothing against Dp it's just that we know what he is capable of. Maybe he'll never recover that form, I hope he will. He can do better. :D

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    Funny thing how you can get your name remembered by all those tiny nations. Why would this be? Maybe because you play some good football. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)