Ronaldo,Recoba and Vieri reduced their salary! (1 Viewer)

Spartacus

Jul 13, 2002
Wow what a beautiful gesture!

That is why I call to luv and be attached your team.

Recoba,Ronaldo and Vieri as a gesture of appreciation to their president and team reduced their salary of 10%... I hope more gesture like this follow. I guess football dignity is not dead after all.

What you guys think about this?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Very cool indeed, I'm afraid 10% won't do to bail the clubs out of the severe financial troubles they're in though.

But evenso, kudos to the black and blue trio!!

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Jurzinho ] ++
So now there only going to earn around £90,000 or £80,000 a week. Much better

Only £90,000 ??! I really feel sorry for them :D

Anyway, nothing compares to Redondo's act. Milan - according to the contract - were obliged to pay him his salary even though he got injured and never featured for the club. But - in a noble act - he refused to take any money from Milan until he gets 100% fit and plays again.

:angel:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I feel sorry for Redondo. Uefa Champions League player of the year, something like a £16m transfer -> injured for two years. :(

Anastacia

Jul 12, 2002
I admire Redondo, he has a great will. I mean, the people surrounding him are pressuring him to giveup playing football because of the injuries and all but he has the will to get back to his standards and is working hard to achieve that. Bravo Redondo.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
MILAN July 16 (AFP) -- Argentine international midfielder Mathias Almeyda, who will play for Inter Milan next season, announced Tuesday he intends to follow the example of his new teammates Christian Vieri, Ronaldo and Alvaro Recoba by taking a pay cut for the good of the club.

"They made an important gesture, a real example, for me it's a choice, I'm here to win everything," said the 28-year-old Almeyda who joins on a three-year deal from Parma.

Almeyda played for Parma for two years after a three-year stint with Lazio after arriving from Argentine outfit River Plate.

Vieri, Ronaldo and Recoba have reportedly agreed to have their salaries reduced by between five and 10 percent in a show of support for Inter president Massimo Moratti.

Italian international striker Vieri will now earn 4.5 million euros (dollars) instead of 4.75 million and Brazilian Ronaldo will now have wages of 4.05 million, down from 4.225 million.

The strikers said in a joint statement: "We have discussed the matter and have decided to do something in an attempt to tell our president we are loyal to the club and we understand the efforts he makes each year to make the club stronger. The president has always been close to us."

Source: dailysoccer.com

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
Italian international striker Vieri will now earn 4.5 million euros (dollars) instead of 4.75 million and Brazilian Ronaldo will now have wages of 4.05 million, down from 4.225 million.
Big difference! :LOL:

Sivori

Jul 17, 2002
So remember guys if you see any of these guys walking around the streets of Milan with a shopping-mall cart screaming some weird stuff about salvation, give 'em a couple of euros will ya? Remember, It can happen to you and me, just as easy.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Good gesture but they can go the whole hog and offer not to paid anytime they are injured or misplace their passports. But i will like to see more players do so too and performance based pay should be introduced too

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
According to Football Italia, Recoba is the top paid player in Serie A with a meagre £5.5m (that's about £105,000 weekly for all you CM gamers ;)) annual salary. Vieri and Ronaldo reportedly net £4.1m (~£80,000 weekly) per year.

So I think it's with good reason they should bare the "load" of Inter's financial troubles. With the reported 10% cut, Chino's getting only £4.95m (£95,000 weekly), Bobo and Ron £3.69m (£70,000 weekly).

Sivori

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
According to Football Italia, Recoba is the top paid player in Serie A with a meagre £5.5m (that's about £105,000 weekly for all you CM gamers ;))
I actually have my salaries in months, so you're just gonna have to work that out differently, won't you :stuckup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)