"Ronaldo: I snubbed Juve and Che" (1 Viewer)

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Manchester United starlet Cristiano Ronaldo has revealed he shunned approaches from Valencia and Juventus to stay at Old Trafford.

The Portuguese international has established himself as one of Europe's brightest prospects since joining United from Sporting Lisbon two-and-a-half years ago.

He proved his commitment to The Red Devils by signing a two-year contract extension back in November that ties him to the Premiership outfit until 2010.

However, it has now come to light that some of Europe's biggest clubs have tried to prise him from United despite that bumper deal.

Indeed, the player himself claims he had the chance to leave England, but intends to stay at Old Trafford at least until his current contract expires.

"I want to stay at Manchester United until 2010," Ronaldo told Brazilian newspaper 'Lance'.

"I have proposals from various clubs including Valencia and Juventus, but I want to stay here."

The 20-year-old also went on to insist he has a long way to go before establishing himself as a United great, despite comparisons with the likes of former favourite David Beckham and Brazilian star Ronaldinho.

"I feel very honoured by these comparisons, but I have a long way to go to become Beckham's replacement and to play like Barcelona's Ronaldinho," he added.

-Sky Sports

Buy on AliExpress.com

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Layce Erayce said:
If you didnt need him you wouldnt have inquired.

Oh PurleeeeeeZ...

We've been linked to 100 players in the last 2months, doesn't mean we need them. Plus I never read Luciano Moggi nor Lippi or Capello stating this about C.Ronaldo. He's the one who's claiming that he snub us....and TBH, I don't see any space for him in the team.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
Azzurri7 said:
Oh PurleeeeeeZ...

We've been linked to 100 players in the last 2months, doesn't mean we need them. Plus I never read Luciano Moggi nor Lippi or Capello stating this about C.Ronaldo. He's the one who's claiming that he snub us....and TBH, I don't see any space for him in the team.
A concrete offer by the club to the player via their respective representatives cannot be compared to the likes of tribalfootball rumours, Moggi's meaningless bullshit or second-hand "reports" of brokered deals, interest and offers.

Its more than just a link.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
sometimes when i see him playing for manutd or portugal he looks like he wants/trying to be a cool guy (in his way) more than to play football....and his also one of those players if things arent going in the right way, becomes frustrated and shows it by his play(against city for example/got red in that game).....i dont like those players....not that i like any other portugal player....

Temimi

Don-Fabio
Dec 21, 2005
Luciano Moggi has confirmed Juventus were close to signing Manchester United winger Cristiano Ronaldo.

The Portugal international revealed that Juve and Valencia were keen on buying him before he decided to sign a new deal at Old Trafford.

Sports director Moggi admits the Bianconeri were interested in the tricky wide man, but only during his time in Lisbon with Sporting.

Chilean striker Marcelo Salas rejected the chance to head for Sporting in part-exchange and the deal was scuppered.

"Ronaldo was ours but Salas refused to go in exchange and we were forced to leave him to Manchester United," Moggi told Virgilio.

do you think that this might work :S i dont think that he would acheived in delle alpi as he is in old trafford :S

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
I think the media twisted some of that.
It seems that we actually beat Man U to the punch according to Moggi, but the prick SALAS had to ruin everything.
If we did buy him back then, we could atleast watch his debut this season :D coz we'd proabably have loaned him out first.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)