Ronaldinho crowned king of the world (1 Viewer)

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

The award of transforming Barca into a great side last season goes to the coach Rijkaard and the great work of Edgar Davids.
AND Ronaldinho. Davids is gone and Barcelona is still getting an excellent record, I guess the story would be different if Ronaldinho was the one who had left

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++

AND Ronaldinho. Davids is gone and Barcelona is still getting an excellent record, I guess the story would be different if Ronaldinho was the one who had left
Ronaldinho was with the club when they had that torrid spell in the Fall of 2003. He was playing well then, too, but the club were not getting results. All of a sudden Davids came into the side and gave them a presence in midfield, someone who could stop the opposition attack before it reached their weak defense. I really do not think Ronaldinho had much of a part in that feat. This season, though, is a different story. Still not worthy of winning the award IMO.

Freddy

Feb 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++
By the way who saw that goal Eto'o scored today? it was reaaally good. Ronaldinho did an excellent pass
yeah...it was a cool goal...and it can came in the right time to secure the winner for Barca

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
Ronaldinho is the least people qualified to win among th ecandidates... this award shouldnt be give to players that lead his team into having a good run of form..they should at least win something...

Dec 16, 2004
eh...Goucho is great and exciirng to watch.no arguement of his quality here on my part.ja...! but with all due respect Henry was my pick for the award.
still no problemo....afterall Goucho is world class and i dont mind the award handed to him.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Henry does not deserve it, that's a fact. Ronaldinho has not won anything since the World Cup, and the reason why he won this award is because he is a flashy player, with loads of tricks.

Lemme ask you this. If Roonaldinho happened to be from the United States or Canada, and still was lighting up Europe, do you think the award would be given to him in that case? No way. Since Ronaldinho is Brazilian, he gets, for lack of a better phrase, "special treatment."

The award should have gone to Deco in my opinion. He guided his club Porto to winning the CL last season with his brilliant attacking displays. He basically controlled the flow and pace of the best club in the world, which happened to be an underdog side Porto. That is pretty damn good to me. Shevchenko was the best striker in the world, and he would come second in my books. This FIFA award should be given to a champion.
FIFA's world player of the year award is crap all together. Having coaches, some who don't know shit about football or are just clearly biassed vote is stupid. I was reading an article on Sky Sports this morning, and to hear that David Beckham convinced four voters that he was the world's best is somewhat amusing. Oliver Kahn and Michael Owen even received votes FFS! IIRC some jackass voted for Rivaldo last year. This award is far less prestigious than the European footballer of the year award and I see it as an award that the most popular player in the running wins. Obviously those dumbasses who don't want Serie A will know about Brazil's superstar Ronaldinho, and as you said, he's flashy and creative so they think he's better than Shevchenko, who as you pointed out, was the best striker in the world. Who's more popular out of the three? Ronaldinho followed by Henry, is it a coincidence that that is how the voting finished as well?

Stu

Jul 14, 2002

Ronaldinho was with the club when they had that torrid spell in the Fall of 2003. He was playing well then, too, but the club were not getting results. All of a sudden Davids came into the side and gave them a presence in midfield, someone who could stop the opposition attack before it reached their weak defense. I really do not think Ronaldinho had much of a part in that feat. This season, though, is a different story. Still not worthy of winning the award IMO.
I had to tell some of my mates the same thing the other day. They were going on about how Ronaldinho came to Barcelona and just like that they finished 2nd and are now one of the best team's in Europe, but they seem to forget that he was also there when Barca were in the bottom five of league in 2003 and only started winning when Davids arrived in January.

erado

Nov 2, 2004
Ronaldinho winning it isnt really absurd, he is worthy candidate.... but I am disappointed for Deco who didnt win any prestigious awards for himself... Its really a joke that Deco couldnt make it inside top five, behind both Zidane & Nedved :confused: Year03/04 is definately not the year for both of them, and the whole thing just highlight the coaches/captains picked whoever they favoured... no performance indication

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

FIFA's world player of the year award is crap all together. Having coaches, some who don't know shit about football or are just clearly biassed vote is stupid. I was reading an article on Sky Sports this morning, and to hear that David Beckham convinced four voters that he was the world's best is somewhat amusing. Oliver Kahn and Michael Owen even received votes FFS! IIRC some jackass voted for Rivaldo last year. This award is far less prestigious than the European footballer of the year award and I see it as an award that the most popular player in the running wins. Obviously those dumbasses who don't want Serie A will know about Brazil's superstar Ronaldinho, and as you said, he's flashy and creative so they think he's better than Shevchenko, who as you pointed out, was the best striker in the world. Who's more popular out of the three? Ronaldinho followed by Henry, is it a coincidence that that is how the voting finished as well?
Exactly. It is a shame that the award has turned out to be a joke. The award is all "political" now, as the more popular players lobby themselves to try to get the support of the voters, basically getting the upper hand to win the award. The fact that Beckham has been nominated time and time again shows how much of a farce the award has become. The hyped up and marketable players receive the awards, while the true talents or champions very rarely get recognition.

Dec 27, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

IIRC some jackass voted for Rivaldo last year.
You RC. It was North Korea's national coach. His second choice was some unknown North Korean player. Incidentally Rivaldo had been voted "Golden Flop" 2003 a few days before by the readers of the Corriere della Sera.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
I am not a Brazilian fan and in fact i always want them to do badly but in my mind there is no doubt who is the best footballer on earth right now and he was rightly imo crowned king of the world.
How on earth can anyone dispute this if you actually watch the Spanish league? It seems that if the winner does not come from serieA, then the decision is a nonsense, why because serieA is head and shoulders above anyother league?

I was reading with amusement that Ronaldinho didnt do anything until Davids came, well he couldn't could he, he was injured.

Firstly last season he had just come into the club so he needed some settling down period and by the time the season finished barcelona were the most in form club in Europe as they even went to Real madrid and with Ronaldinho's audacious chip, they won there and finished runners up. Now this season he has put almost every one into the shade, not by scorign goals but his over all performances

Lets talk about Deco for a minute, sure he won the Cl but can you actually say he performed better than Maniche, Porto's defenders for both Porto and Portugal? And at Barcelona is he anywhere near Ronaldinho stature as a threat?

Sheva has won the European footballer of the year and no way should he have won both as his performances were not great enuff for him to win both awards as it would have been a shame to say he was that mush better than Totti and Adriano in seriea, Henry and Ronaldinho world wide

Henry , okay yes goes hiding in big tournaments but he has scored tons of goals in the league and has been consistent in one of the top 3 leagues in the world no matter what anyone says

I have a question though how is that Ronaldinho does not deserve it for not winning anything but somehow sheva does, when his country did not even qualify for the Euros, or is that serieA is the be all and end all? Double standards surely

OP
juvelover

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #56
    ++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
    Henry , okay yes goes hiding in big tournaments but he has scored tons of goals in the league and has been consistent in one of the top 3 leagues in the world no matter what anyone says
    hi denco long time no see , I realy missed ur posts

Henry scored many goals and provided many assists , his understanding for the game is improving ,, he has great spirit , not favrouble by the media ,, he didn't do any good with france at euro 2004 he had long season he went all the way with his team to accomplish the unbeaten run , quarter final of CL , Fa cup semifinal

on the other hand i know that ronaldinho is the most skillfull player alive , his tricks are aowsome , he scres vital goals aswell , but he never paricipated with his team at coppa america

what is the criteria ?
    wining trophies ?
    scoring goals ?

if u see the last winniers u will be amazed that it has always helped brazilians players

they really need to change the way of voting ,, how many brazilians managers are there on the world

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    Hello Juvelover,

Everyone keeps saying they are biased against Brazilians and they are over rated and do not deserve this or that award because they did not win this or that.

I just believe you should be crowned any of those accolades if you are indeed the best player on the continent or planet , irrespective if your team wins or not as it would be a nonsense to give a Greek player , footballer of the year just because of Greece's triumphs or a Porto player as noone of the is outstanding enuff to be crowned that accolade and lets face it last season was not vintage at all. Yes there was romance with smaller teams winning the big prices but its not what everyone wants to see, we want the big guns going head to head and let football be the winner, not riding your luck and refusing to attack then catch teams on the break and then winning

This so called Brazilian team that is so over rated is like this

1 Dida surely one the best 3 keepers is the world

2 Cafu is there a better attacking right back
    3 Carlos along with cole and Zambrotta , the best left back and of the best ever attacking left backs we have ever seen

4 Emerson tell me if there is a better all round midfielder around

5 Lucio a very decent defender

6 the Barceloan defender who escapes me right now is very good

7 Kaka ask milan fans about him and seriea opponents in general

8 Gilberto Silva underated but highly influential player
    9 Ronaldo one of the all time best
    10 Ronaldinho along side Zidane the best pure players in the world and surely if he continues he would be an all timer
    11 Adriano oh well where will Inter be without him

I have not even mentiond Edu, alex, Robinho, Diego, Juninho, Ze Roberto and numerous others
    They might not be ppls cup of tea on here but they are a fantastic footballing nation

Apr 12, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
    Hello Juvelover,

Everyone keeps saying they are biased against Brazilians and they are over rated and do not deserve this or that award because they did not win this or that.

I just believe you should be crowned any of those accolades if you are indeed the best player on the continent or planet , irrespective if your team wins or not as it would be a nonsense to give a Greek player , footballer of the year just because of Greece's triumphs or a Porto player as noone of the is outstanding enuff to be crowned that accolade and lets face it last season was not vintage at all. Yes there was romance with smaller teams winning the big prices but its not what everyone wants to see, we want the big guns going head to head and let football be the winner, not riding your luck and refusing to attack then catch teams on the break and then winning

This so called Brazilian team that is so over rated is like this

1 Dida surely one the best 3 keepers is the world

2 Cafu is there a better attacking right back
    3 Carlos along with cole and Zambrotta , the best left back and of the best ever attacking left backs we have ever seen

4 Emerson tell me if there is a better all round midfielder around

5 Lucio a very decent defender

6 the Barceloan defender who escapes me right now is very good

7 Kaka ask milan fans about him and seriea opponents in general

8 Gilberto Silva underated but highly influential player
    9 Ronaldo one of the all time best
    10 Ronaldinho along side Zidane the best pure players in the world and surely if he continues he would be an all timer
    11 Adriano oh well where will Inter be without him

I have not even mentiond Edu, alex, Robinho, Diego, Juninho, Ze Roberto and numerous others
    They might not be ppls cup of tea on here but they are a fantastic footballing nation
    I agree, especially with number 5 ;) , but what denco says is true. If you look around the world, there is at least 5 great Brazilians in each league.

Bundesliga: Marcelinho, one of the top scores in Germany, carries the whole load for Hertha Berlin.

Giovanne Elber, Ailton, Ze Roberto, Lucio, Roque Junior:
    Elber (before Lyon) and Ailton were top scores in the Bundesliga 4 years in a row. Ze Roberto is the best ball handler in Germany, Lucio and Roque Junior do more defensively for their clubs than any other team member.

There are two Brazilians on the team that one the title in the J-League this term, Alex, and Emerson(not Juve), but Emerson was the top scorer in the J-League. I know that the amount of competition in Japan is not as much as Mainland Europe(because UK blows) but the fact still remains that Brazil produces more Division 1 professional football players than does any other country.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)