Ron offers his opinion once again (1 Viewer)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Ronaldo gives Inter advice
Tuesday 16 December, 2003

Former Inter star Ronaldo has once again given an interview criticising the Nerazzurri Coach, but this time his target is Alberto Zaccheroni.

“I would never put Christian Vieri on the bench,” he insisted after his ex-teammate started from the sidelines against Bologna this Sunday.

“Like Alessandro Del Piero, a man like Vieri must always play. In any case, I feel it unlikely that there is a conspiracy against him within the club.”

Ronaldo was the fiercest critic of Hector Cuper and often launched sideswipes at him in the Spanish and Italian press.

However, he did reserve some praise for new boss Zaccheroni after six consecutive Serie A wins.

“I spoke to a few of my old teammates at the San Siro,” explained the Real Madrid man, “and they say that there is a different spirit about the side now.”

Il Fenomeno, who came third in the FIFA Player of the Year rankings this week, also insisted he has not forgotten the Nerazzurri colours.

“I still have nostalgia for the city of Milan and the club, but so much time has passed now. Inter fans must think of what they have and I will concentrate on Madrid.”

“I do wish that Inter can at last entertain their supporters and win trophies,” concluded Ronaldo, “because the team deserves it and they have extraordinary fans.”

Football Italia

===

Apparently Ron always knows best for Inter. I wonder if he'll ever return.

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++

===

Yes, so he can be injured for two years, take Inter's money, get healthy, and leave again.

Knowing Inter, they would probably welcome him back with open arms.

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #3
    I think the main problem is Moratti being too lenient. When Ron came to Real, they told him to cut that shit, he had to get rid of his entourage and stop acting like a bigshot. At first he didn't want to but he came along.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Ronaldo gives Inter advice
    Tuesday 16 December, 2003

Former Inter star Ronaldo has once again given an interview criticising the Nerazzurri Coach, but this time his target is Alberto Zaccheroni.

“I would never put Christian Vieri on the bench,” he insisted after his ex-teammate started from the sidelines against Bologna this Sunday.

Like Alessandro Del Piero, a man like Vieri must always play. In any case, I feel it unlikely that there is a conspiracy against him within the club.”

Ronaldo was the fiercest critic of Hector Cuper and often launched sideswipes at him in the Spanish and Italian press.

However, he did reserve some praise for new boss Zaccheroni after six consecutive Serie A wins.

“I spoke to a few of my old teammates at the San Siro,” explained the Real Madrid man, “and they say that there is a different spirit about the side now.”

Il Fenomeno, who came third in the FIFA Player of the Year rankings this week, also insisted he has not forgotten the Nerazzurri colours.

“I still have nostalgia for the city of Milan and the club, but so much time has passed now. Inter fans must think of what they have and I will concentrate on Madrid.”

“I do wish that Inter can at last entertain their supporters and win trophies,” concluded Ronaldo, “because the team deserves it and they have extraordinary fans.”

Football Italia

===

What's he trying to say? That DP should be playing even though he's not on form? Is it just me, or is Ron telling Juve what to do as well?

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    I think too much attention is been dedicated to Ronaldo's comments .. what he thinks or says shouldn't be making headlines every day .. at first it was interesting as he was giving his opinion on Cuper and we all know the bad relationship between the two, but now it's plain boring .. And I don't blame Ronaldo for that, he is simply answering media questions without knowing the real impact he's making .. but I think he should now go for the classic 'No comments' reply whenever the name Inter is mentioned !!

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
    I think too much attention is been dedicated to Ronaldo's comments .. what he thinks or says shouldn't be making headlines every day .. at first it was interesting as he was giving his opinion on Cuper and we all know the bad relationship between the two, but now it's plain boring .. And I don't blame Ronaldo for that, he is simply answering media questions without knowing the real impact he's making .. but I think he should now go for the classic 'No comments' reply whenever the name Inter is mentioned !!
    good point.... It's just an opinion!

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    Well its just an ooinion but a very crap one. With Vieri out of the team Inter won 3-0 at Highbury and whipped us in our own back yard too. Their best two performances of the year have come without Vieri!

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    i didn't say it's a bad opinion that i dont agree with.... i just think that the media shouldn't be focusing on what he says... a million other people share the same opinion i'm sure....

the media just want to use these words in preperation for another rumor suggesting his return to inter.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    Yeah but that would throw him out of the spotlight ;)
    Which reminds me of some article I read a while ago .. it mentions a journalist who says he respects the likes of Maldini, Del Piero and Sheva but thinks they are 'boring' and don't offer any good substance to write about .. whereas when Totti or Ronaldo step in the press conference room the journalists are all smiles ..

OT: Cool avatar Majed :) What happened to Nawaf? I heard he had a very threatening injury, and if his comeback wasn't a success he would retire :frown:

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++

Which reminds me of some article I read a while ago .. it mentions a journalist who says he respects the likes of Maldini, Del Piero and Sheva but thinks they are 'boring' and don't offer any good substance to write about .. whereas when Totti or Ronaldo step in the press conference room the journalists are all smiles ..
    that's bcoz totti+ronnie have mouths as big as their egos.....:devil:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)