Roma in crisis (1 Viewer)

SpeD

Jul 14, 2002
roma and inter to a point

are fine examples of how the the sum of your team is not neccesarily equal to the sum of their parts

thou i hope roma do recover, mid-table would be the right place for them :D

kweku

Jul 20, 2002
Tension Is Running High At Roma

09/27/2002. The bad start to the season is creating a huge tension inside Roma's locker room. Last Wednesday's scoreless draw in Athens against AEK was the first positve result of the season for the Giallorossi, but instead of improving, the mood seems to be getting worse in the Trigoria training center.

During yesterday's session, coach Fabio Capello reproached Francesco Totti, who didn't engage himself during a drill. "You are the skipper, you must set the good example" Capello screamed. The "Pupone" answered: "What do you want? You always have to scream at me?". Capello and Totti settled this incident, however it was a clear sign of how tension is running high in Trigoria.

Furthermore, Capello decided to anticipate the retreat in view of Sunday's clash against Brescia. The players were forced to leave today instead of Saturday, and nobody was happy with this decision. "This is useless" goalkeeper Antonioli said "the long retreats are counterproductive. But we are professionals and we must obey".

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by kweku ] ++
Tension Is Running High At Roma

09/27/2002. The bad start to the season is creating a huge tension inside Roma's locker room. Last Wednesday's scoreless draw in Athens against AEK was the first positve result of the season for the Giallorossi, but instead of improving, the mood seems to be getting worse in the Trigoria training center.

During yesterday's session, coach Fabio Capello reproached Francesco Totti, who didn't engage himself during a drill. "You are the skipper, you must set the good example" Capello screamed. The "Pupone" answered: "What do you want? You always have to scream at me?". Capello and Totti settled this incident, however it was a clear sign of how tension is running high in Trigoria.

Furthermore, Capello decided to anticipate the retreat in view of Sunday's clash against Brescia. The players were forced to leave today instead of Saturday, and nobody was happy with this decision. "This is useless" goalkeeper Antonioli said "the long retreats are counterproductive. But we are professionals and we must obey".

music to me ears, music to me ears :extatic: :D

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by kweku ] ++
I love it how they manage to stick in "anticipate" into every news report, no matter the context.. :D

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Roma’s problems show no sign of abating after Fabio Capello and Francesco Totti clashed in training.

The two were allegedly involved in a verbal bust up after the Coach asked his star player to put more effort in.

Totti reacted angrily to Capello’s request as they prepared for their game against Brescia on Sunday.

It was the third time this season that there have been signs of tension between the two capital men.

They first clashed after Totti only found out via the media that he would not start in the game against Bologna in Week 1.

The second disagreement came during the 2-1 defeat against Modena when Totti didn’t appreciate the Coach’s comments from the touchline.

The Giallorossi are under immense pressure at the moment after they have lost both of their League games against Bologna and Modena so far this term.

Goal shy striker Gabriel Batistuta also showed his discontent at the club’s start to the season after he walked off straight to the changing rooms after being subbed in the 0-0 draw with AEK Athens on Wednesday. An act he later apologised for.

Meanwhile, Capello also has a defensive headache ahead of the Brescia trip. The side are without the suspended Christian Panucci, while Cufrè is struggling with injury.

The tactician looks likely to be forced to play Jonathan Zebina and Triainos Dellas alongside Walter Samuel.

On the transfer front, there are reports today that Josep Guardiola is unhappy with his bit part role so far this term.

The Spaniard arrived at Roma this summer on a free transfer from Brescia. However, speculation on Friday states that he could return to the Lombard outfit this January unless he sees more action.

Bad to Worse for the Giallorossi ....

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
this is crazy
sutnop predicted their fall

but surely
I could never believe they would fall so fast and so hard.....

According to some insider information
The Tension is wages..........

Remember last season when Roma had a bad start it was becasue Totti and Batistuta and a lot of other players were demanding a wage rise because they were then the current champions of Italy

after many ifs and buts Sensi gave in and agree to sign new contracts....

Now I think Sensi wants to make Pay cuts which is creating a lot of off the field tension which is being transferred to the field.....

If Roma don't manage to carve up a win against Genk next week we can already predict the first loser of the Phase A stage,,,,,,

This game against Brescia will also be a test of strength for both sides......

Darin

Sep 8, 2002
++ [ originally posted by [DJ Juve] ] ++
they will loze, Baggio wll score a hattrick and denco will commit suicide

jus the opposite happened totti scored the hattrick i wonder wat denco is gonna do now :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)