Roma court King Henrik (1 Viewer)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Roma court King Henrik
Saturday 19 June, 2004

The Giallorossi need a new striker and have flown out for talks with Swedish legend Henrik Larsson.

The 32-year-old striker is out of contract with Celtic and has rejected a series of Premiership proposals, insisting he wants to go “somewhere warm.”

It’s believed the forward would like to test himself in the tougher Leagues of Spain or Italy, so the Capital club could tempt him and Director of Sport Franco Baldini has flown out to Portugal.

Larsson would relish the opportunity to play alongside Francesco Totti and Antonio Cassano, especially with Roma’s high-scoring reputation.

The move is necessary after problems emerged in bringing in Parma hitman Alberto Gilardino, who is once again of interest to Juventus.

Another option is Zlatan Ibrahimovic, the Ajax man who chilled Italian hearts in last night’s 1-1 draw, although again Juve are leading the way in that race.

Buy on AliExpress.com

River

Jun 15, 2004
Dam i didnt realise Henrik was going for free. I think he should go to spain though. Not sure he could handle playing against good defence every week :D

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Interesting stuff. probably the worlds best finisher in peak form and on a free. If this isn't juventus territory i don't know what is.

Freddy

Feb 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by River ] ++
Dam i didnt realise Henrik was going for free. I think he should go to spain though. Not sure he could handle playing against good defence every week :D
Yes..he's free..and I heard he might be heading to Barca...I hope that's true...i hope he doesn't join Roma

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
Oh man, imagine seeing him making those faces with his tongue out everytime he scores a goal every weekend now if he plays for roma ;)
He has stopped that now after complaints from worried scottish mothers who fear their kids will do the same thing. :)

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
Correct...he hasn't done this for a few seasons now, and it looks like it's Barca for Larsson.
They will offer him a two year contract after the finals

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zambrotta ] ++
Few seasons?

He did so last season(2002/2003).
May have done it in 2002, but he stopped in 03 and 04 I'm sure (maybe once or twice he did it, but in general his failure to do it was mentioned by many Celtic fans), and then developed a sort of open mouthed toothy growl, like the reaction to his first against the Bulgars:dontcare:

River

Jun 15, 2004
Maybe he wanted to stay with Celtic because he could never score so many goals with a good team in a good league ?:D

No disrespect to the scotts. But face up to it:D

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
If he went to a better league such as Spain or Italy I would concede that he wouldn't have scored so many goals.
I guess he'll just have to settle for the best record for goalscoring in European matches for a British team...doesn't say much for British teams though

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
i still dont understand why he spent so much time with celtic
You have to realize that football is not everything. Larssons family was settled in Glasgow and he would probably not gain more money in another team. Moving to another country is not something you do without a second thought. But yes he wasted his talent to some extent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)