Rolando - Porto - CB (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
It's amazing that people can't recognize that currently we have only one player comfortable at RCB and it's Bonucci who has never even been good there.

Chiellini and Ogbonna play the left. Bonucci is at RCB and who else? The corpse of Barzagli? He's most likely done for the season, maybe altogether as sad as it is to say.

Caceres is likely to play at RB now that Romulo is gone for a while and we have no backup RB for Lichtsteiner who is being run into the ground. Caceres is not really a CB anyway.

If we were spending 15M on a bench CB then I could see the outrage but people are ok with Bonucci playing every game at RCB from now until the end of the season?

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
It's amazing that people can't recognize that currently we have only one player comfortable at RCB and it's Bonucci who has never even been good there.

Chiellini and Ogbonna play the left. Bonucci is at RCB and who else? The corpse of Barzagli? He's most likely done for the season, maybe altogether as sad as it is to say.

Caceres is likely to play at RB now that Romulo is gone for a while and we have no backup RB for Lichtsteiner who is being run into the ground. Caceres is not really a CB anyway.

If we were spending 15M on a bench CB then I could see the outrage but people are ok with Bonucci playing every game at RCB from now until the end of the season?
Does Rugani play in the right side? If so, why not bring him?

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012

Caceres can comfortably deputize in both positions.You make it sound like most of our defenders are on the stretcher or something.

Give credit where its due.Bonucci is having an excellent season in a 4 man backline.

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
Caceres can comfortably deputize in both positions.You make it sound like most of our defenders are on the stretcher or something.

Give credit where its due.Bonucci is having an excellent season in a 4 man backline.
Can we clone Caceres so that he can actually deputize both at once? I mean, what happens if Bonucci or Lichtsteiner gets hurt?

You need a backup for each position lol. Not one guy for 2 positions. And Caceres has been hurt the majority of the season as it is. While he was hurt we basically had no backup for Lichtsteiner OR Bonucci. How is this an ideal scenario to anyone?

And this is not even taking into account Asamoah's injury which leaves Padoin as the LB backup instead of Caceres who could easily do better than him on that side. It's very easy to see how Caceres would be more valuable as a RB/LB sub right now, if he's even fully fit that is.

Hell, you could argue that he should be our starting LB.

Tomate

Jul 19, 2014

Agreed. Not every player has to be a big name or a talent with massive potential. Rolando did well at Inter, knows the league, speaks the language and he only would arrive on loan for 6 months. We easily can use him as a backup for 6 months and then replace him with Rugani starting from July, while signing Rugani now only would hurt his development.

And the reason why he doesn't play at Porto is because at war with them over some contract issues as far as i remember.

frzl

Apr 15, 2006

rolando is shit. your points are invalid.

don´t waste your time ;)

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
We have 5 CB (6, plus Marrone) for 2 positions. Perhaps, we are the only one team in the world, that need another one for this position. :sergio:
Yes I agree. We would be fine fielding Barzagli and Marrone vs. Inter this weekend.

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
Personally, prefer Barzagli instead of Rolando. Even, a Primavera guy than a mediocre player like Rolando.
Yes. Also agreed there. Especially with Barzagli's current form. He is miles ahead of Rolando.

I think we could win the scudetto with Barzagli-Romagna partnership. Romagna is only 17 years old but already better than Rolando.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
@MikeM you're forgetting Padoin, who can always fill in at RB of course... Not ideal, but a capable stand-in for sure.

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
@MikeM you're forgetting Padoin, who can always fill in at RB of course... Not ideal, but a capable stand-in for sure.
Personally, I think Padoin is awful.

I know we all love him here but he adds nothing to the team. He's good at not being involved enough to fuck things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)