Rolando - Porto - CB (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
What's Rolando like Dooz? You seem to have watched Porto quite abit.
I didn't watch them many times, usually just in Europe.

He looks good but he doesn't look nowhere near David Luiz's level or something like that. He seems good on his feet and good in the air. But still, sometimes he looks kinda clumsy and slow when it comes to fast counters. He's making their defense very good, don't get me wrong. Pretty impressive job he has done alongside Otamendi.

IMO he's better than Bonucci.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Don't ship out Bonucci. It's his first season here and he's still somewhat young, so keep him regardless. Get rid of Barzagli.
Bonucci seemed fine and Italian media gave him a hard time, eventhough I for one kept praising him.

I think he's a nice defenders but I have 2 issues with him:

1) He is not worth 15mln
2) I highly doubt he'll make a good pair next to Chiellini as both of them are slow and clumsy quite a few times

That being said, I don't think we'll see them work great together, ever. And yes, I know CBs should be given time and I know Nesta - Silva took one season to adept but I still think these two won't take it on the next level.

Thing is, there are many Bonucci's on the market.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Bonucci seemed fine and Italian media gave him a hard time, eventhough I for one kept praising him.

I think he's a nice defenders but I have 2 issues with him:

1) He is not worth 15mln
2) I highly doubt he'll make a good pair next to Chiellini as both of them are slow and clumsy quite a few times

That being said, I don't think we'll see them work great together, ever. And yes, I know CBs should be given time and I know Nesta - Silva took one season to adept but I still think these two won't take it on the next level.

Thing is, there are many Bonucci's on the market.
I really don't think Bonucci has been as bad as folks make him out to be. Remember, he keeps getting sucked out wide because of our poor fullbacks and inability to hold the ball. If we fix those problems and find a manager who can organize the defense, he should be fine considering he'll just have to deal with marking inside.

Obviously I wish we could have a player like David Luiz, Thiago Silva or Marquez, guys who have some brains and can lead us out of the back, but Italy doesn't have any player like that right now. Rolando isn't that player either.

We should definitely keep Bonucci regardless of whether we upgrade at CB.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
David Luiz has a brain?

He has lots of ability and potential, but I haven't seen anything from him to make me think he has a brain.

I still like Agger. Shame he's injured so much.

Nedvěd

Agger is class, if he was more lucky with injuries he'd one of the finest defenders in England. David Luiz is one crazy mofo but I'm not sure about him having a brain, he got all the attributes to make a world class centre back but he's too rash.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I'm pretty sure David Luiz has a brain. He has good positioning and doesn't just hoof the ball anywhere like some of our players. But what do I know.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
I'm pretty sure David Luiz has a brain. He has good positioning and doesn't just hoof the ball anywhere like some of our players. But what do I know.
He's had terrible positioning at Chelsea in a few games. The two United games being prime examples. Where he should of seen red and then he played Hernandez the ball. There's a reason Ancelotti has dropped him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)