Rolando Mandragora (23 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Haha true.

But he fits in 2 man midfield too, even if he is further back in hierarchy due to it.
Thats what I dont like. If he never got injured hed have played enough by now for Max to have an idea how to use him. With him just recovered and even less chances to get playing time it will be harder for him to break through

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I'm really excited to see him play. I don't have a good judge of his technique and vision. All I remember is his willingness to battle us as a 17 year old with Genoa.

I have a feeling he's our equivalent to Locatelli, Gagliardini, Pellegrini, Baselli, etc.

Jun 6, 2015
Thats what I dont like. If he never got injured hed have played enough by now for Max to have an idea how to use him. With him just recovered and even less chances to get playing time it will be harder for him to break through
We need to rotate at some point though and that can only happen if we play some our CMs out wide or change formation. I think he'll still get some minutes this season.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
We need to rotate at some point though and that can only happen if we play some our CMs out wide or change formation. I think he'll still get some minutes this season.
Yeah he still will get chances i believe but its different if hes the only Marchisio backup in a 3 man midfield and if hes 6th choice in a 2 man midfield

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I'm really excited to see him play. I don't have a good judge of his technique and vision. All I remember is his willingness to battle us as a 17 year old with Genoa.

I have a feeling he's our equivalent to Locatelli, Gagliardini, Pellegrini, Baselli, etc.
Pretty much. Style wise he always reminded me of Thiago Motta. Neat and combative player, bit of a shot on him, can sit or play a bit further forward. Also played as a sweeper.

Just looking for a video and found this: http://www.tuttosport.com/video/cal...ra_il_mio_modello_thiago_motta_/?cookieAccept

I guess that says it all.

Jun 6, 2015
Yeah he still will get chances i believe but its different if hes the only Marchisio backup in a 3 man midfield and if hes 6th choice in a 2 man midfield
We have yet to see where Allegri sees the likes of Sturaro in this formation, could easily see him play wide. We have no real depth in attacking positions so it will be interesting to see what Allegri has in mind.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
We have yet to see where Allegri sees the likes of Sturaro in this formation, could easily see him play wide. We have no real depth in attacking positions so it will be interesting to see what Allegri has in mind.
Yeah Sturaro RB may happen, in 2 man midfield where you don't push and press forward so much and require more technique since possession game under so much more pressure, it would be lolsy for Stururu.

We have no backup for all 4 attacking positions except Pjaca lol. Or moving Pjanic to AM.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Jun 6, 2015
Yeah Sturaro RB may happen, in 2 man midfield where you don't push and forward so much and require more technique since possession game is so pressure, it would be lolsy for Stururu.

We have no backup for all 4 attacking positions except Pjaca lol. Or moving Pjanic to AM.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
Yeah we seem really short in attack at the moment, maybe Dani Alves can play as a RM and Asamoah/Alex Sandro as a LM if need be.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Pjanic starter at DM and will rotate Dybala if needed. That way our mids will get more playing time. Agree about Stu, dont think he can play DM in this formation. Played Rwb for Genoa few times so trying him wide would be interesting certainly, and we know how much Max loves to experiment. Also we have yet to see how Lemina is treated and if there is any truth that Max dont like him

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah we seem really short in attack at the moment, maybe Dani Alves can play as a RM and Asamoah/Alex Sandro as a LM if need be.
Id rather give Pjaca all possible minutes up wide that Mandzo and Cuadrado wont be playing. Pjanic AM whenever Dybala is rested. Dont like 2 fullbacks playing on the same side

Jun 6, 2015
Pjanic starter at DM and will rotate Dybala if needed. That way our mids will get more playing time. Agree about Stu, dont think he can play DM in this formation. Played Rwb for Genoa few times so trying him wide would be interesting certainly, and we know how much Max loves to experiment. Also we have yet to see how Lemina is treated and if there is any truth that Max dont like him

- - - Updated - - -

Id rather give Pjaca all possible minutes up wide that Mandzo and Cuadrado wont be playing. Pjanic AM whenever Dybala is rested. Dont like 2 fullbacks playing on the same side
Wasn't suggesting using both at the same time or over Pjaca but we need more options for those positions if we continue with the 4-2-3-1 for the rest of the season.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Either way I see no place for Sturaro, no matter which formation we'll use. He's simply not good enough and should be sold. Herananes is leaving and I'm pretty sure we'll sell Lemina too.

If we're to stick with the 4231 we won't need as many CMs anyway. We should get Tolisso (and trust Mandragora or some other kid) and then focus on some wingers and on a striker if Mandzukic is to stay as winger. We're way too thin in there, only Pjanic and Pjaca can play in advanced roles as alternatives atm. Pjanic as vice Dybala is ok, then Marchisio - Khedira behind him will do. Pjaca will have to step up soon because we'll need him.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Wasn't suggesting using both at the same time or over Pjaca but we need more options for those positions if we continue with the 4-2-3-1 for the rest of the season.
Yeah i get what you say, id like us to use DA and AS higher up as few times as possible. Preferably only before big CL games to rest one of HDM and Cuadrado

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Either way I see no place for Sturaro, no matter which formation we'll use. He's simply not good enough and should be sold. Herananes is leaving and I'm pretty sure we'll sell Lemina too.

If we're to stick with the 4231 we won't need as many CMs anyway. We should get Tolisso (and trust Mandragora or some other kid) and then focus on some wingers and on a striker if Mandzukic is to stay as winger. We're way too thin in there, only Pjanic and Pjaca can play in advanced roles as alternatives atm. Pjanic as vice Dybala is ok, then Marchisio - Khedira behind him will do. Pjaca will have to step up soon because we'll need him.
He stays, not because he is good or anything, but simply cuz he is Italian and no one is going to pay over 20 million for him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)