Rolando Mandragora (30 Viewers)

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Did he went under the knife before this ?
“Today the player Rolando Mandragora has undergone surgery for the reduction and synthesis of the fifth metatarsal in his right foot, which became necessary because of delayed healing,” a statement on Juventus’ official website announced.

“The operation, carried out by Professor [Niek] Van Dijk in the presence of Claudio Rigo, head medic of Juventus, was perfectly successful and the player could begin his rehabilitation in the coming days.

“His return to action is currently estimated at around three or four months.”
First major action from our new medic, let's see how it works.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
So 3rd injury @Mark?

Also, at least we know he won't be loaned now.

Youth! :tuttosport:

- - - Updated - - -

(oh, and we need a new CM ASAP)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Damn son..... i was os eager to see him in our preseason before his injury happened...now summing all months..he will be out for 7 months or so....fukin suks.

Well...he is young...we will have to be patient.

ADP1897

Apr 17, 2014
When it comes to primavera, I can only think JuveJay, Dutch Juventino, and Mark. I'm curious, how Macek, Clemenza, Kean, is Favilli still here, etc compares to Mandragora, and other kid we signed? I mean in terms of realisticly got a place in future Juve.
How to use mention feature? I"m such a noob...

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

OP
DutchJuventino
Apr 9, 2015
  • Thread Starter #393
    When it comes to primavera, I can only think JuveJay, Dutch Juventino, and Mark. I'm curious, how Macek, Clemenza, Kean, is Favilli still here, etc compares to Mandragora, and other kid we signed? I mean in terms of realisticly got a place in future Juve.

First of all you can mention members with: @membername.
    Besides, that to give an anwser on your question.

First of all i want to say that it is really hard to say if youngsters will reach the first team or not, because the developement will come later by some people and by some earlier. I'll give my opinion on how it NOW looks like for me.

Macek: Good player for our Primavera, he is promising, but I think he will never reach Juventus first team. He has no really special attributes, he is a 13/12 player, works hard and all-round in most of thing, but he misses a real quality. Only his technical level is a little bit above some of our other youngsters. He can be usefull by Serie A midtable teams, but i let surprise myself by him :)

Clemenza: He was really, really close to a debut last year. Allegri called him the last matches by our match-selection, but at that moment he got a torn ligament injury and was out for a half year. It's really hard to come back on level, but he is finally playing for the Primavera side since last week. He was the biggest prospect before Kean was called for the Primavera. He is technically gifted, has a lot of flair, great curved shots and his vision is unreal if you compare it with our other Primavera players. Really likeable player, because he has the flair, but he is productive aswell. I believe in this lad!

Kean: Doesn't look really special, but he scores goal after goal. It looks to easy for him, he can be world class, it's hard to see what his talent is besides goalscoring. Maybe you can compare him a little bit with Lukaku. He will debut for Juventus soon, i believe in that.

Favilli: Is he still our player? Thought he went back to Livorno and they loaned him to Ascoli.

I didn't see a lot of Serie B last season, so I can't really give my opinion about him. His style is like Thiago Motta and that is also his example, if he will be that good it will be fine :p

If i need to rank them?
    1. Kean 2. Clemenza --> 3. Macek
    Mandrogora, no idea and i don't know who you mean with 'other kid we signed'.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Mark @JuveJay tell this guy :p

ADP1897

Apr 17, 2014
    Thanks for that..
    I owe u +rep after i understand this bloody tapatalk
    I mean like kastanos, rodrigo, and some portugese kids..
    Our youth is a letdown, i still remember giovinco, untersee, and many more

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
    Let me give my opinion on this. After 6 1/2 years of Paratici + Marotta, the investment in youth went up and we finally have some prospects with a real shot at making Juventus.

I disagree with you: Kean does look special, it's not only goalscoring ability, and he deserves a separate reply. He's our biggest prospect, absolutely. It's not only hype, he indeed seems special.

First of all his age, the kid has recently completed only 16 yrs old, just got promoted to primavera and he's hit the ground running - he's scoring left and right and looks better than the older guys.

If a 16 yr old is called up in a CL game for Juventus, a club that clearly is very selective when bringing up youngsters to complete the professional team, he's got to have something special. And he does look special.

He stands out not only physically, but technically, among the 17/18/19 yr old kids. His finishing is great, he apparently uses both feet, he's fast, can dribble and is great for build up.

He looks like a mobile all around CF to me, maybe kind of like Morata. A potentially complete CF.

Take a look at this goal, recently scored, where you can see his dribbling being used to move forward and score. Swagger + effectiveness:

2:10

I think this guy actually is one of the top 2000 born prospects in the world at his position. We didn't have someone like that in many years, definitely it's the first of the Paratici/Marotta era. I repeat: it's not only hype. You watch him play and he plays well, not only scoring, but helping build up and also pressing/defending.

There are concerns about his personality, since he said his biggest idol is Balotelli. But out of this, there's no evidence he's a headcase.

I'm positive the mental attributes will make the difference here. If he is determined, driven and focused, Dybala style, we may have true gem in hand.

edit: @DutchJuventino, he really has nothing to do with Lukaku. Kean is only 1.83 and much more mobile that Lukaku. It's a pretty different package, he's not only a poacher.

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    First of all you can mention members with: @membername.
    Besides, that to give an anwser on your question.

First of all i want to say that it is really hard to say if youngsters will reach the first team or not, because the developement will come later by some people and by some earlier. I'll give my opinion on how it NOW looks like for me.

Macek: Good player for our Primavera, he is promising, but I think he will never reach Juventus first team. He has no really special attributes, he is a 13/12 player, works hard and all-round in most of thing, but he misses a real quality. Only his technical level is a little bit above some of our other youngsters. He can be usefull by Serie A midtable teams, but i let surprise myself by him :)

Clemenza: He was really, really close to a debut last year. Allegri called him the last matches by our match-selection, but at that moment he got a torn ligament injury and was out for a half year. It's really hard to come back on level, but he is finally playing for the Primavera side since last week. He was the biggest prospect before Kean was called for the Primavera. He is technically gifted, has a lot of flair, great curved shots and his vision is unreal if you compare it with our other Primavera players. Really likeable player, because he has the flair, but he is productive aswell. I believe in this lad!

Kean: Doesn't look really special, but he scores goal after goal. It looks to easy for him, he can be world class, it's hard to see what his talent is besides goalscoring. Maybe you can compare him a little bit with Lukaku. He will debut for Juventus soon, i believe in that.

Favilli: Is he still our player? Thought he went back to Livorno and they loaned him to Ascoli.

I didn't see a lot of Serie B last season, so I can't really give my opinion about him. His style is like Thiago Motta and that is also his example, if he will be that good it will be fine :p

If i need to rank them?
    1. Kean 2. Clemenza --> 3. Macek
    Mandrogora, no idea and i don't know who you mean with 'other kid we signed'.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Mark @JuveJay tell this guy :p
    yeah we don't own Favilli anymore. I wasn't a fan.
    Mandragora is a nice player. Plays mid but was used as a CB too. He's like a faster Thiago Motta. :p
    Kean? :touched: Saw a crappy stream of him with Juve under14 or something and knew he'd be banging goals. :D
    Macek? Sometimes I like him and other times I hate him. Don't see him here.
    That other kid? Lirola? I think he'll start for us in a couple of years.
    This year you can watch how Mosti plays. Seems promising.
    If we have some understanding with Sass, watch Sensi. Verratti who? :D
    Clemenza is a very nice player. Needs more muscular mass.
    I hope Romagna gets some experience in B. Could be a nice CB for us in the future.

OP
    DutchJuventino
    Apr 9, 2015
  • Thread Starter #397
    Players who left Juve Primavera:

Emil Audero (19):
    He is since this year our third goalkeeper and he is first keeper of Italy U19. His pros are his reflexes from short distance shots and stop low balls. He is already playing here since his 10th. Some say he is really promising, I find it hard to predict a goalkeepers future. Look at Leali who was really talented as well and he is now benching in favour of Kapino by Olimpiacos.

Filippo Romagna (19):
    Romagna is one of my favourites. He is a 19 years old ball-playing central defender. You can compare him with Bonucci, Romagna played with #19 aswell hehe. Filippo is also the captain of Italy U19. He is now loaned to Novara where he sadly doesn’t play. High hopes for this kid.

Pol Lirola (19):
    One of the better kids in this list. He was already praised in our youth and he is making his promises true. Di Francesco love this kid and he is taking the starting spot in Sassuolo’s team. He was a right winger in Spain, but Juventus transformed him into a right-back. He is a little bit comparable to Dani Alves, but I think Lirola isn’t that fancy, he scored a great goal against Athletic Bilbao. Sassuolo has an option to buy for 5 m after a two year loan, we have a counter option so don’t be worried. Big chance he will be the successor of Dani Alves.

Francesco Cassata (18):
    Loaned out to Ascoli where he is playing most of time. I don’t follow him there, but know him from Primavera and he has a really good skillset. Technical gifted central-midfielder, he can surprise us. I believe he has the potential to become a good player. Juventus level? Don’t know…

Andrés Tello (20):
    On loan to Empoli, where he is making a lot of minutes. Typical South-American footballer btw, a lot of passion/grinta, but tactically a little bit worse than the other prospects. He looks for me nothing more than a hard worker, but I hope he will prove me wrong. It says something when you already played over 500 minutes for Empoli this season.

Mattia Vitale (19):
    He already debuted in our first team, but loaned out last year where he did well. This year he is loaned to Cesena where he get some minutes, but not all. Well-rounded midfielder, no really weakenesses, but also not really big pros. He is compared with Vidal in the past.

Alberto Cerri (20):
    Call him Petagna. Exactly the same type of player. Big, strong, finishing, besides that nothing. I will be astonished if he reach a good level in professional football. Not my type of player.

New arrivals:

Mandragora (19):
    Defensive midfielder who has Thiago Motta as example. He played last year for Pescara as defensive midfielder, but through there injury crisis they played him as a central defender. Comparable in the role that Mascherano had as a defender by Barcelona and you can him compare to him aswell. Newspapers said he is the best ’97 talent in Italy.

Current team:

Yoan Severin (19):
    For me he is not the player who will be the next … (insert big name). Besides that Grosso and Allegri likes to love him. He was called up against Lyon and Grosso is playing him every match. He is just a standard defender nothing more, no I don’t see why Grosso likes him so much to let him play every match.

Rogerio (19):
    Bought him this year, but I don’t know that much from him. No opinion.

Oumar Toure (18) / Roger Tamba M’Pinda (18):
    I can’t see the difference between these two :D Both are strong defensive midfielders, exactly what we knows from African midfielders. Strenght, tackling and stamina. Can’t really predict them in the future. I don’t know of people here are known with Diousse from Empoli? Compareable.

Roman Macek (19):
    As I said he is just 13/12 + technical abilities for me. Good player, but he hasn’t the special thing of some other talents of us, so he doesn’t stand out that much. Maybe that’s the good thing about him, but I can’t see him reach our first team. I am sorry for him.

Luca Clemenza (19):
    One of my favourites baby! ‘The Italian Reus’ for me it’s more the Italian perfect attacking midfielder. His vision is the best in our youthteam. His shottechnique is Pjanic-esque (look at his freekicks). He is that attacking midfielde with flair, the year 90’s #10 of calcio. Only love for him. But that can be my obsessions aswell haha :p

Grigoris Kastanos (18):
    For me our best midfielder in the Primavera. Governed all facettes for a modern-midfielder. He is already international for Cyprus (If that is a big prestation :D )

Andi Zeqiri (17):
    I want some info from @Mark @JuveJay about him. Don’t know him well but I heard several positive comments on this talent. We bought him from a Swiss/Austria club in summer isn’t it?

New Generation:
    Caligara & Kean are our ‘new generation’ talents. Both are born in 2000 and they are already playing in the Primavera, and if I say playing I mean they are starting players, not benchplayers. Allegri like both of them according to newspapers and interviews.

This list contains only relevant players and the best Primavera player. Muratore is also a good player and so we have several other Primavera players, but I find it hard to give a opinion about them. I refer you to Dr. Mark. We have over 200 players on contract so I can’t make a list of all of them. Most are playing in Serie C and are garbage.

This cost me a half hour if it isn't more. @Mark @JuveJay i want you opinions (not on all if you think it's to long) but if you don't agree I will want to know why. I don't follow it as close as you guys ;)

- - - Updated - - -
    @ADP1897

- - - Updated - - -

yeah we don't own Favilli anymore. I wasn't a fan.
    Mandragora is a nice player. Plays mid but was used as a CB too. He's like a faster Thiago Motta. :p
    Kean? :touched: Saw a crappy stream of him with Juve under14 or something and knew he'd be banging goals. :D
    Macek? Sometimes I like him and other times I hate him. Don't see him here.
    That other kid? Lirola? I think he'll start for us in a couple of years.
    This year you can watch how Mosti plays. Seems promising.
    If we have some understanding with Sass, watch Sensi. Verratti who? :D
    Clemenza is a very nice player. Needs more muscular mass.
    I hope Romagna gets some experience in B. Could be a nice CB for us in the future.
    Lol when I was typing my post about the youngster you typed a summary of my fucking text haha. Same opinions on Macek, Lirola (will replace Dani Alves), Mandragora (Mascherano/Thiago Motta) and Clemenza. I forgot about Sensi, typical regista. Thx for the tip of Mosti, I don't know him that well.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
    Now, after Kean, we have a string of interesting prospects and some of them IMO have a real shot at making Juventus one day, which is rare. The best are the bolded ones.

On defense:

GKs:
    Leali - 93 - well known, right now he's not playing much for Olympiakos. It looks less and less likely he'll play for Juve in the near future. He wasn't a real standout when playing in Serie A and he has some decision making problems, specially when coming out in corners.

Audero - 97 - our current 3rd, starter in Italy U teams, but I don't think he's such a big prospect. Let's see how he develops, but in the near future it's very unlikely he has a shot.

Del Favero - 98 - starter in primavera and in Italy U teams - same as above

RBs:
    Lirola - 97 - excellent season so far for Sassuolo, big shot at making Juve in the next 2 yrs. He was already a standout at primavera and is fully confirming it for Sassuolo. Could become a serious WC prospect.

Untersee - 94 - good season for Brescia in serie B so far, steady player similar style to Licht. Has some value, but almost no chance to be at Juve.

LBs:
    Rogerio - 98 - Brazilian bought through Sassuolo, starter at primavera and you can see similarity to Sandro. I really like him and there is a chance he makes the Lirola route. I really like this player.

Beruatto - 98 - starter at Italy U teams - don't know much about him

Tripaldelli - 99 - same as above

CBs:
    Rugani - 94

Romagna - 97 - best CB prospect after Rugani, starter at all Italy Under. Technically gifted CB/DM. But he's the kind of player that would develop better if brought straight to the professionals, learning from training, even if he's the 6th CB. He was loaned out to Novara in Serie B, who is struggling. Romagna hasn't seen a minute yet. Probably will be loaned out to another team in january, but if they follow this path, I think it will be tough for him to live up to expectations. He could be lost in the serie B jungle, as in Italy it's hard to trust in a 19yr CB and the small teams, after the end of co-ownership, have less incentive to play and develop the guy. And if the team is struggling, it's tough to fit in and even tougher to stand out.

Coccolo - 98 - left footed CB, previously a LB, was moved to central defense because of the overload of talented LBs in primavera (Rogerio, Beruatto, Tripaldelli). Starter at Italy unders.

Vogliacco - 98 - looks like a good CB. Starter at primavera and for Italy under.

Zanandrea - 99 - bench player at primavera, he's not currently playing. But he's a perennial starter at Italy U, alwas along with Tripaldelli and Bianchi.

Bianchi - 99 - perennial starter at Italy under teams, went to Empoli in exchange for Mosti. He demanded to leave because he knew he would be at the bench at Primavera. We probably have a recompra clause or stg.

Pol Garcia - 95 - skillful left footed CB, brought from Barcelona youth a few years ago. After some decent seasons at other clubs in Serie B, is struggling at Latina. Another example of a guy that is very likely to get lost in Serie B and will end up in Spain.

OP
    DutchJuventino
    Apr 9, 2015
  • Thread Starter #399
    So you're saying about the same as me.
    Tier 1: Kean, Lirola, Romagna, Clemenza
    Tier 2: Kastanos, Mandragora, Caligara
    Tier 3: Starting Primavera players
    Tier lost: Untersee, Pol Garcia, Leali etc.

With lost I mean will never reach Juventus (Leali maybe as a second/third choice).
    I didn't see Vitale and Cassata playing this year but they are tier 2 or 3 talents.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007

Mandragora has more potential as anyone we have in the Primavera, with the exceptional of maybe Kean, but that's because we have seen him at pro level and he has always played above his age range. He faced Juve aged 16.......

For me Clemenza, Kastanos and Caligara are our players with the best potential, but this is a talented group with lots of different qualities. No one can really say where they will end up, other than 95% of them won't be at Juve because of lack of chances.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)