Roland Garros French Open 2005 (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Nadal leading Puerta two sets to one atm with the latter serving for the 4th set. What a game! Come on Puerta!!!!

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Dammit, Nadal just broke Puerta for 5-5 in the 4th. The fans firmly behind Puerta right now.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Game, set, match, Roland Garros to Rafael Nadal.

The 19 year old Spaniard takes it 6-7, 6-3, 6-1, 7-5.

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
:cool: yess....Rafael Nadal is the champ, the youngest to win since Michael Chang in '89.

btw, his record on clay is 23-0. awesome....! hope that he'll do well in Wimbledon too

Juve_The_Best

Nov 18, 2004
i did like this guy ( Mariano Puerta) since he came back to the game after suspension and from the begining of ronald garros i had feeling that he will win the championship and i was betting on him but unfortunatilly. i think the strong effort that he show it against canas & Davydenko effected his stamina against Nadal.

That's does not mean that Nadal doesn't deserve . of course he is a champion and he did show a brilliant performance.

The best Final i have ever seen for 3 years now. Specially the mexican waves from the spectators which gave the excitment to the game

OP
sallyinzaghi
Aug 1, 2003
  • Thread Starter #76
    NADAL IS MY FRENCH OPEN KILLER.

This was fairly a bad tournament personally for me but an entertaining one nontheless, Roland Garros never fails to deliver.

Safin, Gaudio, Coria, GROSJEAN all out in the same round. Four of my favourites to win, all out.

I was rooting for Federer AND puerta and BOTH lost to Nadal :groan:

Maybe I should switch to women's tennis instead :(

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by kaizer ] ++
    naah Sally, women's tennis is boring ;)

now that Henin-Hardenne is back, she'd win it all :groan:
    I agree.women's tennis's boring.sad but true that women's skill isn't even 50% of men's :down:

OP
    sallyinzaghi
    Aug 1, 2003
  • Thread Starter #80
    Yes I did and now Hewitt is planning to marry his current gf.

Poor Clijsters. I hope she wins a grand slam soon.

WIMBLEDON NEXT!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)