Rodrigo de Paul - Midfielder - Atletico Madrid (17 Viewers)

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
RDP will be a good signing but I just dont like the way we get excited by B+ players.
It is true B+ is a major upgrade on what we have but it hurts me as a Juve fan to see we are not targeting the best.
Locatelli is an exception as he really excels with Sassuolo and for Italy and is one of the best in his position.

What is the situation with Pogba and B.Fernandes?

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
RDP will be a good signing but I just dont like the way we get excited by B+ players.
It is true B+ is a major upgrade on what we have but it hurts me as a Juve fan to see we are not targeting the best.
Locatelli is an exception as he really excels with Sassuolo and for Italy and is one of the best in his position.

What A+ players would like? (not Pogba)

GiocataGrande

Commendatore
May 26, 2016

'sorry to say, but you will have to start accepting B+, because it is what we are going to get.

Fernandes is more or less the Talisman of United, they will never sell him to us. Forget about it.

Pogba, is more of a chance, but still complicated. Depends what he wants, several clubs will be interested also if he decides to leave

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
What A+ players would like? (not Pogba)
It doesnt really matter as we wont get them..
Pogba is a possibility if Man Utd want Ronaldo and Ronaldo wants to leave. If not we can forget about him until his contract runs out and even then its uncertain.. Anyway I think he wants Real.
SMS - We are not getting him
L.A - We are not getting him either...
Kante - Nope again.

Yeah all would need to put some cash on the table but Im sure we can do something if we really want to..

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
'sorry to say, but you will have to start accepting B+, because it is what we are going to get.

Fernandes is more or less the Talisman of United, they will never sell him to us. Forget about it.

Pogba, is more of a chance, but still complicated. Depends what he wants, several clubs will be interested also if he decides to leave
1. B.F - I heard he made some demands to Man Utd but we all know that Man Utd would only sell players if they want to and dont really care about player`s will...
2. You are definitely correct - This is why I said it hurts as a fan - I cant do anything about it and neither can anyone else except our board who will definitely go for the second or third class of players.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Exactly, time to wake up and smell the coffee.

De Paul would still be a MASSIVE improvement over the zombies we have in midfield. A midfielder that actually runs and fights for the team: imagine that
Yap massive upgrade no doubt but its more about our players than the amazing RDP (dont get me wrong he is pretty good..)

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Yes please. He's a perfect creative box to box midfielder, one that we truly need. Also a close friend of Dybala, maybe him coming would convince Paulo to sign that damn contract and they can form great understanding on the field.

- - - Updated - - -

He is a CM or offensive player? Can he work defensively?
He does defend and have great stamina, but mostly known for his creative offensive contribution. If Locatelli is a done deal, then De Paul is the missing piece IMO

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
He is a CM or offensive player? Can he work defensively?
Classic B2B player, he does both ends. His dribbling is very good, gets out of pressure very nicely. He sees a lot and his passing is nice, hence quite high numbers for assist tally.

He's been very underrated and should have moved to a bigger club at least a year ago already.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Classic B2B player, he does both ends. His dribbling is very good, gets out of pressure very nicely. He sees a lot and his passing is nice, hence quite high numbers for assist tally.

He's been very underrated and should have moved to a bigger club at least a year ago already.
as I wrote trade Fagioli+money for the guy :D
10 goals and 9 assists this season

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
as I wrote trade Fagioli+money for the guy :D
10 goals and 9 assists this season
I'd keep Fagioli tbh. We have no other kids to use in our roster and we need some.

We surely can shell out 30m on each Locatelli and De Paul. We have quite a few players to sell/offload anyway. Both would come on relatively low wages.

I have a feeling we won't go for De Paul but for Hakan, just because of his free-agency.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
Will be our best signing for midfield

The poor man SMS, but he is rarely injured that is a great thing about him
He is the leader in Udinese, we dont have a leader in our midfield currently

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
The truth is he might be excellent but most of us only see him play twice a year.
His decision making and focus is bit off and not top level. He just goes all out and tries everything. But his game very well rounded and plays with such intensity. Defenitely welcome in our midfield.

But dont expect him to be a marquee player imo.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
Last 5 years Serie A stats De Paul vs SMS. except for 17/18 where SMS have the best season both actually have a pretty similar stats in term of goals and assists
Both are strong and rarely injured (30+ games in last 5 seasons)

That is why I always said he is the poor man SMS, because he is cheaper than SMS

1622319780183.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)