Rodrigo de Paul - Midfielder - Atletico Madrid (5 Viewers)

GiocataGrande

Commendatore
May 26, 2016
Journalists seem limited. I somehow fail to see how out of hundreds of clubs only options are Locatelli, de Paul and Aouar. Really? I doubt elite clubs would chase first two players mentioned. Does that mean non of the elite clubs are capable of signing a mid player this summer? I doubt it.
Well its not the only options, but these are some of the names we have been linked with for quite some time now and should be somewhat realistic targets (unless the media knows absolutely nothing, which is also a possibility offcourse)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
While you said gushingly the opposite about:

:D
Whoever watched young Azzurri knew he was greatly talented. That's why both Roma and Juve bought him, but he did choke, yeah. I don't get this constant "you said that about ... " and it's always coming from you :lol2: Clubs pay staff millions to find players, yet quite often they get everything wrong (look at Juve), but it's me that judging certain wrong is the real issue. Like you perfectly guessed all of the players who'd develop. But sure, it's always great to be a pussy and not say a word about players, but say stuff like "believe our staff, they know what they are doing, they were looking at that players for years #believe". Fucking nonsense. Our brain dead staff created this horrible Juve. In the end there's always "I joke, I joke" and it just repeats. What a fun to be on a forum and not post personal opinion.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Would totally love if we don't sign neither de Paul nor Locatelli. Both are overrated.
Oh please. De Paul plays in a shit Udinese side and has been a dominant force all season.

And Locatelli has arguably been Sassuolo’s best player this season while they challenge for a Europa League spot. No one is saying they are top world class CMs. But very good CMs who are better than anything we have? They most definitely are. Locatelli is also only 23 years old and has lots of room to grow.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Oh please. De Paul plays in a shit Udinese side and has been a dominant force all season.

And Locatelli has arguably been Sassuolo’s best player this season while they challenge for a Europa League spot. No one is saying they are top world class CMs. But very good CMs who are better than anything we have? They most definitely are. Locatelli is also only 23 years old and has lots of room to grow.
Come on. Even players for Serie B are better than what we currently have. IMO our standards should be way higher than those names.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Whoever watched young Azzurri knew he was greatly talented. That's why both Roma and Juve bought him, but he did choke, yeah. I don't get this constant "you said that about ... " and it's always coming from you :lol2: Clubs pay staff millions to find players, yet quite often they get everything wrong (look at Juve), but it's me that judging certain wrong is the real issue. Like you perfectly guessed all of the players who'd develop. But sure, it's always great to be a pussy and not say a word about players, but say stuff like "believe our staff, they know what they are doing, they were looking at that players for years #believe". Fucking nonsense. Our brain dead staff created this horrible Juve. In the end there's always "I joke, I joke" and it just repeats. What a fun to be on a forum and not post personal opinion.
I doubt anyone is seriously saying you can’t have an opinion. But people are allowed to disagree with your opinion. I think you are wrong about De Paul and Locatelli. And as I don’t see other better, already world class mids available (and if they are we probably can’t afford them), I’d be happy to get Locatelli plus De Paul/Aouar. Would be a massive upgrade to what we have even if it isn’t perfect.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

And btw @Dostoevsky , I'm not joking :D I'm legit giving you shit because you too often speak in boneheaded absolute terms allways with some players, you 100% decide they arent good enough (or the reverse, ride the coat tails of bum like Motta like he was great, when he never was, and I watched every single azzurrini game). There is no leeway, when they deem overrated by you, you will harp on that stubbornly and give them no chance. You LITTERALLY word for word used to say the same about Chiesa before we signed him. And were super negative about Barella in past (I had my reservations too about him, and he proved me wrong).

I'm giving you shit, because by now, you should maybe give some of these Serie A younger players excelling in smaller clubs, benifite of the doubt, from time to time?

Last edited:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I doubt anyone is seriously saying you can’t have an opinion. But people are allowed to disagree with your opinion. I think you are wrong about De Paul and Locatelli. And as I don’t see other better, already world class mids available (and if they are we probably can’t afford them), I’d be happy to get Locatelli plus De Paul/Aouar. Would be a massive upgrade to what we have even if it isn’t perfect.
Would be an upgrade, surely, and there's no way our garbage mid provides more than them.

The thing is, everyone talks about CL, then ends up disappointed. Clubs who reach finals aren't those who'd chase those players. And even if they do I'd bet it's to warm their bench. We should be aware of our capabilities if we do end up buying them.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Come on. Even players for Serie B are better than what we currently have. IMO our standards should be way higher than those names.
Do you legitimately have no clue as to the clubs finances?

You also didn’t like Barella a couple years ago when he was available and said we should aim for better. Now he’s the best mid in Serie A. Locatelli has arguably been a top 5 midfielder in the league this season, at 23 years old, at Sassuolo. What more are you expecting from him? He would be a fantastic signing that could give us a decade as a top player.

You just seem jaded on Serie a players lol

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Do you legitimately have no clue as to the clubs finances?

You also didn’t like Barella a couple years ago when he was available and said we should aim for better. Now he’s the best mid in Serie A. Locatelli has arguably been a top 5 midfielder in the league this season, at 23 years old, at Sassuolo. What more are you expecting from him? He would be a fantastic signing that could give us a decade as a top player.

You just seem jaded on Serie a players lol
Kinda surprising how no top clubs chases those Serie A players. Yet everyone keeps winning in Europe bar Serie A teams.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Would be an upgrade, surely, and there's no way our garbage mid provides more than them.

The thing is, everyone talks about CL, then ends up disappointed. Clubs who reach finals aren't those who'd chase those players. And even if they do I'd bet it's to warm their bench. We should be aware of our capabilities if we do end up buying them.
Again, Locatelli is one of the best young mids in the league. If he played in another league all the top teams in that league would be after him. He plays in Serie a, is an Italian, and we have a built in advantage in getting him and keeping him. I’d rather we not let the opportunity go. He could flop, sure, but he could also be the backbone of our mid for a decade.

Players flop. Others turn out far better than expected. Pogba flopped at ManU. Ndombele flopped at Spurs. Tolisso kind of flopped/hasn’t been able to be a starter at Bayern. No one knows just how a 23 year old will turn out. But Locatelli is a top young CM and is the class of mid we should be going for given our finances and our needs.

- - - Updated - - -

Kinda surprising how no top clubs chases those Serie A players. Yet everyone keeps winning in Europe bar Serie A teams.
Oh please. Teams chase Serie A players all the time. You’re boring here. The league is dead if it can’t develop top players and we aren’t going to be able to go raid the top most desired young players from every other league. Just isn’t happening even if we were on an equal financial footing. The big 6 in England have a huge advantage with Pl players. Bayern has a huge advantage with Bundesliga players. RM and Barca have huge advantage with La Liga players. Etc. We have a huge advantage here and need to make it a priority, getting and developing the top young talents the league produces.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Again, Locatelli is one of the best young mids in the league. If he played in another league all the top teams in that league would be after him. He plays in Serie a, is an Italian, and we have a built in advantage in getting him and keeping him. I’d rather we not let the opportunity go. He could flop, sure, but he could also be the backbone of our mid for a decade.

Players flop. Others turn out far better than expected. Pogba flopped at ManU. Ndombele flopped at Spurs. Tolisso kind of flopped/hasn’t been able to be a starter at Bayern. No one knows just how a 23 year old will turn out. But Locatelli is a top young CM and is the class of mid we should be going for given our finances and our needs.
Our need is to return to winning Serie A and chasing CL. Nothing less than that. If our finances are totally fucked up, yeah, then I agree those two are good options. But imo we should be aware we're not getting world beaters.

Seems like we're buying to those as a building stage and that's kinda depressing because it kinda indicates our hopes are low for the next 3-4 years. So if we're building up from the bottom up, sure, I don't mind these transfers. If we're dreaming about CL and another round of Scudetti, then I don't think they suit our need.

I wish we could use some player in order to sign Sergej (i also think he's waaay to overpriced, tbh).

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
De Paul and Locatelli are so underwhelming it's really sad to talk about it. Sure, they are an upgrade to what we have but still far from what we need.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Our need is to return to winning Serie A and chasing CL. Nothing less than that. If our finances are totally fucked up, yeah, then I agree those two are good options. But imo we should be aware we're not getting world beaters.

Seems like we're buying to those as a building stage and that's kinda depressing because it kinda indicates our hopes are low for the next 3-4 years. So if we're building up from the bottom up, sure, I don't mind these transfers. If we're dreaming about CL and another round of Scudetti, then I don't think they suit our need.

I wish we could use some player in order to sign Sergej (i also think he's waaay to overpriced, tbh).
Locatelli could easily turn into one the best CDMs in football over the next few years. He could also flop. You don’t know, I don’t know, all we know is that he is a promising young mid, having a fantastic season. Same goes for Aouar.

De Paul is more guaranteed signing, but one without perhaps the upside possibility. But even that isn’t guaranteed. He could explode at a big club. Naingollan didn’t get his move away from Cagliari until he was ~26, same as De Paul. He was good at Cagliari, but wasn’t a world beater there, and he exploded at Roma into one of the best mids around. De Paul could do the same.

GiocataGrande

Commendatore
May 26, 2016
De Paul and Locatelli are so underwhelming it's really sad to talk about it. Sure, they are an upgrade to what we have but still far from what we need.
I just dont want another year with Benta-Arthur-Rabiot etc. Its depressing to watch. De Paul and Locatelli would give us some joy at the very least.

They have drive and play with some grinta at least, i really cant stomach another year of our pussy mids

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Because Serie A teams are financially poor and subsequently technically sub-par. But there can still be 2-5 very good players in each team even considering that. It's not like a team such as PSG, Man City or Chelsea buys players from any one league. Those teams all bought important players from Serie A over the years.

Besides, Italian players like to stay in this league and that has been the same for as long as I've been watching football, but there is so much more choice now with clubs full of money that more will inevitably end up playing abroad. The only thing more certain than an Italian player staying in Italy is an English player staying in England. Or a top German joining Bayern.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Just came by to thank him for saving us the point(s) tonight, already proving that he can be a decisive player for us. :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

In all seriousness he had a good game today and could surely bring something to our game that none of our other CM's have but his decision making and executions at times is probably the reason why he is still at Udinese for all this years despite all the hustle and offensive potential he is showing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)