Rodrigo Bentancur (51 Viewers)

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
They’ll soon find out their club will have paid €26M for a midfielder who can’t score goals, can’t shoot properly, loves passing backwards and sideways, lacks dynamism and has gone backwards in development since one decent season a couple of seasons ago.
Unfortunately that is the sad truth. Thought he could be a SamiK2 for Juve but that sure didn't work out.

I thought Tott had plenty of good players? Maybe Bent will help them though depends on what "help them" means.

Rodrigo Bentancur
Played a fine ball through to Son for what should have been a first half goal for the South Korean. A couple of sloppy passes and a second yellow card in three games, but he was probably one of Spurs' better players on the day. 6

Last edited:

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Unfortunately that is the sad truth. Thought he could be a SamiK2 for Juve but that sure didn't work out.
But what sad truth? Have you seen the other Spurs mids? Bentancur shits on all of them tbh.

Yes, their midfield is this bad. Hoejbjerg and Winks are trash and they were sure starters before Benta arrived. Lo Celso and Ndombele already shipped off for peanuts/free, Tici style.

Sure, Benta won't save them. If they added Kessie next to him though, the mid would be massively upgraded.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
based on the stats alone, he played a good game. but that yellow at the end :lol3:
I watched the match. Bentancur had more or less a typical Bentancur game, nothing great, nothing awful. But Kulusevski was pretty bad, certainly among the worst 2 or 3. Tottenham as a unit were bad and toothless. Though Kulusevski could have scored because he had the best chance, and Bentancur was close to an assist because he set up a good chance early in the game.
This match from Juve fans perspective: nothing to regret about selling these two.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I watched the match. Bentancur had more or less a typical Bentancur game, nothing great, nothing awful. But Kulusevski was pretty bad, certainly among the worst 2 or 3. Tottenham as a unit were bad and toothless. Though Kulusevski could have scored because he had the best chance, and Bentancur was close to an assist because he set up a good chance early in the game.
This match from Juve fans perspective: nothing to regret about selling these two.
Kulu was great for Parma man, wtf happened?

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Kulu better start performing for them. Would be painful to see him back here

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
So you wish he still wore the Juve jersey? You not as big of a fanboy of Bent as @Boksic is?
Nah, not at all. I was uncertain about Zakaria but so farm I'm happy we did this, totally. I just think that he can be a good player for Spurs. After all Juve is a different club with bigger aspirations and expectations. It's not so obvious their fans will come to the same conclusions as we did - for us he was a player of quantity, expendable. For them, it's a start for rebuilding that horrible midfield.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I think you're overestimating the level of affection I have towards Rodrigo a bit here. I do rate him as a player much more than most peeps around here and don't get the hate he gets. However looking at the activity in this thread it's the butthurt peeps who seem to care much more ;)
Naah, the only reason people still follow him is to get that repeat dopamine due to realizing that he is not our problem anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)