Rodrigo Bentancur (29 Viewers)

Jun 6, 2015
Not this year, though. Only one yellow in 26 matches. He's the team leader in tackles and interceptions, but all those were clean ones.
I still think that most of the hate he gets is due to that unfortunate decision by Pirlo to give him the playmaking and last man in front of defense role.

This being said, I have no objections here. He might be better than all our midfielders bar Locatelli, but just like the other 4, he needs to leave. We have to start selling from somewhere. Would have been better if it was someone else, but selling Benta's good too.
I wonder when people will start to criticise Locatelli for "stupid" yellows. He has 5 already this year and will be suspended for our next game because of that. If my memory serves me right he also got plenty of yellows in previous seasons.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I wonder when will people start criticising Locatelli for "stupid" yellows. He has 5 already this year and will be suspended for our next game because of that. If my memory serves me right he has got plenty of yellows in previous seasons as well.
I don't mind midfielders who get yellows. Vidal and Marchisio used to get more than 10 per season. I do mind the stupid cards, though. Loca did get them this season if my memory serves me well. But he looks like a smart player and I think he'll improve on that.

Jun 6, 2015
I don't mind midfielders who get yellows. Vidal and Marchisio used to get more than 10 per season. I do mind the stupid cards, though. Loca did get them this season if my memory serves me well. But he looks like a smart player and I think he'll improve on that.
I'm not criticising Loca by the way. I have no problems with midfielders getting yellows either, actually quite on the contrary, I think it's at times necessary to take a yellow.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Exactly this. All players can get yellow cards. The difference with Bentancur is, the majority of his yellow cards are absolutely avoidable and are made out of his boneheaded frustration at losing the ball, passing the ball straight to an opposition player than fouling him, or just because he’s brain dead and can’t read the flow of the game

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
At the end of the day we should take the money and run

Maybe he will do better with a fresh start in the EPL but he is certainly one of the players who should be replaced in this new look team

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Exactly this. All players can get yellow cards. The difference with Bentancur is, the majority of his yellow cards are absolutely avoidable and are made out of his boneheaded frustration at losing the ball, passing the ball straight to an opposition player than fouling him, or just because he’s brain dead and can’t read the flow of the game
It's Cuadrado's yellows in the last 2-3 seasons that disturb me the most. For a second season running he's our leader in yellows (19 yellows and 1 red in a season and a half, 30 yellows and 2 red cards in 2 and a half seasons). They are not always the stupid kind of yellows, but they are always a result of bad positioning in defense (well, he's not a defender) and to him not being fast enough anymore :(

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
He wasn’t a key member in 2/3 of those Scudetti though. He doesn’t contribute much at all especially offensively. I can count more huge fuck ups that have lead to goals against us than goals he’s scored.
He had the most assists on the team in the 19/20 Serie A campaign. More than Pjanic. Come on.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I wonder when people will start to criticise Locatelli for "stupid" yellows. He has 5 already this year and will be suspended for our next game because of that. If my memory serves me right he also got plenty of yellows in previous seasons.
Locatelli is far and away our best mid. I don’t recall most of his yellows being the brainless unnecessary sort. But when those happen he shall deservedly get criticism for specific incidents. He had a very poor match the other day and got criticized for it. But Locatelli’s qualities and overall play are vastly superior to Bentancur’s, and he makes far less mistakes. And that means they are much easier to overlook or find acceptable in the context that players are going to make mistakes occasionally.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)