Rodrigo Bentancur (55 Viewers)

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I didn't see the game just the highlights but the first goal was another example of him getting the ball, making a pass and pushing to get into the box. It is something we badly lacked under Sarri and Pirlo, and is even more important with Ronaldo gone.

He didn't get much on the cross from Cuadrado but it is amazing how something so basic as running into the box can create problems for defences and create chances. It paid off v Malmo and Udinese.

I can't comment on his overall performance but it seems to be a clear tactic from Allegri and is good to see.

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
I didn't see the game just the highlights but the first goal was another example of him getting the ball, making a pass and pushing to get into the box. It is something we badly lacked under Sarri and Pirlo, and is even more important with Ronaldo gone.

He didn't get much on the cross from Cuadrado but it is amazing how something so basic as running into the box can create problems for defences and create chances. It paid off v Malmo and Udinese.

I can't comment on his overall performance but it seems to be a clear tactic from Allegri and is good to see.
I think he peaked under Sarri tbh

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015

I saw the game. He was garbage as usual

- - - Updated - - -

I think he peaked under Sarri tbh
Benta has no peaked, has always been between average and bad level performance

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
They were both helped massively by Locatelli, who has actual footballing intelligence. He sat back further and directed play, which allowed those two a little bit more freedom higher up the pitch.
Any midfielder that touches the ball needs to immediately give it to locatelli. Let him move the ball up. Only one I trust passing

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003

I laughed at this because I thought the same...and this is more of a reflection of where this midfield is at after being managed by pirlo. They lost their ability to play football. The midfield is so lost because pirlo bamboozled them with ridiculous and unnecessary tactics which made them scratch their heads wondering what he wanted.

Bentancur, just like rabiot, can play better football than he does. He needs time under allegri and consistent tactics...unfortunately this won't happen overnight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 49)