Rodrigo Bentancur (60 Viewers)

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
By some distance, his best game of the season.

Strong in the tackle, won the ball back well, was pretty safe and secure with his passing. Looks better in a midfield three for sure, and he provides extra cover for the CBs. Finally gave a worthy performance this season, it’s been a while.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Seems his better games come as a regista, even though he’s not much of a playmaker. He does well defensively and has a good sense of setting a pace.
Probably an even better user of the ball than Arthur I'm afraid to say. I want Arthur to show more but if he can't pass longer than 30 yards and try a few balls in behind then it looks like Bentancur has Arthur's measure in what's meant to be his biggest strength.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
agreed, and i don't expect him to repeat all these stats anytime soon. parma press was nonexistent, bentancur had a relatively easy job. bentancur still was a pleasant surprise

and finally @Hust got a proper answer to his question from the other day: hangover hopefully ended here
:tup:

Had a good game. Only thing that was bad was one giveaway on the wrong side of the halfway line but other than that he seems to be livening up considerably.

I wonder what Pirlo will ask of him when Arthur is back. I recall over summer that Pirlo was quickly please with Arthurs build up play in practice. I wonder if Pirlo is changing his tune.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
His fanboys somehow refuse to admit that he's too inconsistent to become a top player at Juventus. Similar to Rabiot, doesnt excel at particularly anything and pretty average at everything else AND inconsistent to boot.

None of our midfielders are top level. At best they can be complimentary players to the very best midfielders which is exactly how I perceive of Bentancur.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
....None of our midfielders are top level....
that's the sad truth

but but but 7,5/10 mercato, cause tici got rid of costa, mds and rugani. thing is that all those will be back in a couple of months, and we still won't have a proper midfield. mckennie is probably a good workhorse for that money, but unfortunately none of these guys can't dictate the play week in week out

as for bentancur, i really wanted him to continue where he left vs parma. too bad he's back to being a walking corpse again. sad

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
His fanboys somehow refuse to admit that he's too inconsistent to become a top player at Juventus. Similar to Rabiot, doesnt excel at particularly anything and pretty average at everything else AND inconsistent to boot.

None of our midfielders are top level. At best they can be complimentary players to the very best midfielders which is exactly how I perceive of Bentancur.
Even not looking at this game - he's just average. Would be a nice 5-6th mid to have in case of injuries.
He was a really good prospect as everyone thought he is an all-round mid that will get only better with age. Well he's 23 already and didn't improve much.

BiancoEg

Aug 22, 2020

He adds nothing to our game

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
I was one of his biggest fans in here but he has become way too inconsistent. One great game followed by a shit show. Sell either him or Rabiot and get Locatelli and Pogba.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 55)