Rodrigo Bentancur (17 Viewers)

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Trust me I did.
We all have a soft spot for him cause he is a true Juventino, born and raised in Turin while playing for all Juve youth ranks since he was 7 or so. . .
Quality wise, far from Juve.
As I said, if he was born in Hungary we wouldn't even know about him
marchisio is a little overrated among juventini, but he really did have a couple of great seasons. He was one of the best mids in serie a in 2012 for example.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jun 16, 2020
Marchisio was a great midfielder and very underrated. Since him we never had a midfielder who could play in every role at the midfield. He could play in a advanced role and had great runs into the box. In his last years you could easily see that he has been paying attention to Pirlo’s way of playing. His passing was obviously far less but he adapted to the vice-regista role and was great in positioning. He was very versatile and managed to always add something. People tent to forget that we played 4312 in 2015 with Vidal behind the strikers, Marchisio was a real soldier in those years. I always read ‘we reached the final with Pirlo, Pogba and Vidal’, but Marchisio was always there. In 2017 he also had his fair part, starting in the semi final in CL, aswel in the Coppa Italia final. Real shame that he got that injury

This only thing I disliked about Marchisio is that he always tried to shoot with the outside of his foot in his last 2 to 3 years with us, he wasn’t very successful with it.

I loved him and he scored some iconic goals as that one vs Inter for example. I don’t want to cry about his Juventinita and keep the focus on his qualities for this post, people who didn’t saw it were blind.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
bentancur started for uruguay and played 75 minutes as a cm in their 4-4-2. the scoreline was 4-0 at that time. the match eventually finished 4-2 (suarez pulled back 2 in the last 10 minutes). i checked the usual rating sites like sofascore and footballcritic, he got meh scores, but stats never tell the whole story. i wonder if anyone saw the match and could comment on how bentancur actually performed.

May 23, 2013
number 8 should be given to Benta
worthy heir of Marchisio
Benta really reminds me of him
100% Just trade off a bit of Marchisio's technical ability for Benta's size.

- - - Updated - - -

Marchisio was a great midfielder and very underrated. Since him we never had a midfielder who could play in every role at the midfield. He could play in a advanced role and had great runs into the box. In his last years you could easily see that he has been paying attention to Pirlo’s way of playing. His passing was obviously far less but he adapted to the vice-regista role and was great in positioning. He was very versatile and managed to always add something. People tent to forget that we played 4312 in 2015 with Vidal behind the strikers, Marchisio was a real soldier in those years. I always read ‘we reached the final with Pirlo, Pogba and Vidal’, but Marchisio was always there. In 2017 he also had his fair part, starting in the semi final in CL, aswel in the Coppa Italia final. Real shame that he got that injury

This only thing I disliked about Marchisio is that he always tried to shoot with the outside of his foot in his last 2 to 3 years with us, he wasn’t very successful with it.

I loved him and he scored some iconic goals as that one vs Inter for example. I don’t want to cry about his Juventinita and keep the focus on his qualities for this post, people who didn’t saw it were blind.
From my perspective that season actually marked a turning point in how the football world viewed Marchisio. The fact that Marchisio made it to the 2015 UEFA squad of the season while Pogba and Vidal missed out shows a clear shift in how he was rated within football media. And it was without a doubt warranted. Marchisio truly reached an elite level of performance in the 2014/15 season. That was his peak and in my opinion equal to the best that we've seen from Pogba, Pirlo or Vidal at the club.

- - - Updated - - -

marchisio is a little overrated among juventini, but he really did have a couple of great seasons. He was one of the best mids in serie a in 2012 for example.
That season did not compare to his 2015 season. He went from being one of the best midfielders in Serie A to one of the best midfielders in the world and recognized as such by the footballing community.

Last edited:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I think Rabiot is the better option in a 2 man midfield. Not as convinced about bentancur in that role as his best aspect (work rate, running) is not as necessary and he ends up being more noticeable for giving the ball away then anything else. Rabiot is much neater in possession.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
I think Rabiot is the better option in a 2 man midfield. Not as convinced about bentancur in that role as his best aspect (work rate, running) is not as necessary and he ends up being more noticeable for giving the ball away then anything else. Rabiot is much neater in possession.
yes. he needs arthur to play in that pass master role. bentancur should always be deployed as a box to box. or when ramsey injured he should be played as an AM like he does for uruguay.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Poor game.

Far too early to write him off in the position. I still think it could suit him.
we should play him in the ramsey role, when ramsey gets injured.

his phsicality and tecnique should be good to succeed for that position. and keeping him away from casual passes in deep midfielde would be a good idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)