Rodrigo Bentancur (46 Viewers)

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Imo Rodrigo is technically much better than you are implying here. Not Pogba level but quite comfortably on a similar level to Marchisio. Didn't you just last season claim that Mandragora is better than Rodrigo? I think you simply don't like him for some reason.
He seems like a nice kid and is a Juve player. Why would I dislike him? I didn't even speak badly of his level. Spoke of his style, compared him to a CL winning starting midfielder. He is clearly not like Pogba or Marchisio. We are not talking about old Marchisio with a busted knee, but the young fit version. Find a youtube compilation to remember what he was able to do. Bentancur is obviously not a player capable of that.

There is too much of a Juve bubble here some times. That a player plays for us doesn't make him WC, that a player is young doesn't mean he will be the next Pogba/Marchisio/Vidal. I remember it as well with Lemina, although Bentancur is miles better than him.

Bentancur is a different player. A useful player, that I hope benches Khedira for good, but he is not similar to Marchisio or Pogba in talent and technique. His claim to fame is getting the basics right, finding good positions to receive the ball, and keeping the game flowing, being good defensively.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:
Jun 6, 2015
He seems like a nice kid and is a Juve player. Why would I dislike him? I didn't even speak badly of his level. Spoke of his style, compared him to a CL winning starting midfielder. He is clearly not like Pogba or Marchisio. We are not talking about old Marchisio with a busted knee, but the young fit version. Find a youtube compilation to remember what he was able to do. Bentancur is obviously not a player capable of that.

There is too much of a Juve bubble here some times. That a player plays for us doesn't make him WC, that a player is young doesn't mean he will be the next Pogba/Marchisio/Vidal. I remember it as well with Lemina, although Bentancur is miles better than him.
I don't consider Pogba and Marchisio to be on the same level technically. Marchisio had other attributes like work-rate, technical awareness and good passing range that combined with his good technical ability made him a great player.

I think there's simply a big difference how we rate the player. I don't expect Bentancur to ever become as potent going forward as the aforementioned players, but that's not his game. He is more of a DM/CM hybrid. I rate Bentancur because he has shown a lot of promise not because he plays for Juve. He absolutely has the qualities to become a top player.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Of course Pogba is on a different level technically to Marchisio, as Marchisio is on a different level technically to Bentencur.

Again, I didn't speak about level, usefulness, or how you rate players. I was replying to comments saying he was the mix of Pogba/Marchisio or just Marchisio.

Clearly different types of players, very different attributes outside of "they are/were young Juve players"

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Bentancur is 22. When Marchisio was 22, he was on loan at Empoli.
:agree:
Louder for people in the back. And it's not a knock on Claudio, when he was great he was wc, but it was only for 3-4 seasons unfortunately.
And comparing any young midfielder to Pogba is simply unfair, Paul is a unique player in terms on talent, possibly the most complete player I've ever seen.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
The odd brainfart but for me that was his best performance in a long time. Clearly Sarri saw something in training because to field him TQ and it work was a strong choice.

Berna must be worried after this.
Doesn’t he play behind the forwards for Uruguay? So he must be kind of accustomed to it?

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Not a Pogba level talent but clearly still a talented midfielder, certainly if you consider that he’s only 22 years old. Also he plays a different role to Pogba anyway.

He struggled a lot last season which did not help his development, but then again the whole team struggled and was dead without motivation. Not a good place for any young player to be in.

The potential is there

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 39)