Rodrigo Bentancur (22 Viewers)

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
I will wait, rule number 1 always buy safe bet. I almost did the stupidity of buying alex sandro's jersey after his great season 2016 , I did well to wait seeing 2 shitties seasons he did after . Do not want to end up with a jersey of Krasic or Amauri, shame. :shifty:
Such rules only apply to footballers who are human. If we are talking about CR7, just get his jersey immediately, like I did

- - - Updated - - -

He lost his modjo last month and half,i think its because Allegri tactical formations force him to play different roles!
He never had an outstanding game with us. We could give him some patience and wait out one or two more seasons to see how he flourishes, like tottenhams sissoko.

But question is...is it worth it? Is juve a club that can keep a mediocore player for three years? Before, yes. But now?

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Such rules only apply to footballers who are human. If we are talking about CR7, just get his jersey immediately, like I did

- - - Updated - - -

He never had an outstanding game with us. We could give him some patience and wait out one or two more seasons to see how he flourishes, like tottenhams sissoko.

But question is...is it worth it? Is juve a club that can keep a mediocore player for three years? Before, yes. But now?
Nonsense, he has had a few excellent games for us. Notably both games vs Udinese this season.

The problem is that people expect him to be a Pogba. They are completely different players. Bentancur is far more suited to being a regista or DM, that's when he has given his best performances. Even yesterday he played far better in the occasions when he was in the regista position. He is a ball winner and smart user of the ball to keep possession. He needs to improve significantly if he is going to be a mezzala, but that's not really the type of player he is.

We seem to have 5 centre mids and only Khedira is really suited to be a mezzala, you could argue Matuidi but he is a bit limited going forward.

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
Nonsense, he has had a few excellent games for us. Notably both games vs Udinese this season.

The problem is that people expect him to be a Pogba. They are completely different players. Bentancur is far more suited to being a regista or DM, that's when he has given his best performances. Even yesterday he played far better in the occasions when he was in the regista position. He is a ball winner and smart user of the ball to keep possession. He needs to improve significantly if he is going to be a mezzala, but that's not really the type of player he is.

We seem to have 5 centre mids and only Khedira is really suited to be a mezzala, you could argue Matuidi but he is a bit limited going forward.
I get your argument about him being good in a regista role. But, instead of role, we should talk about the evolution of football.

Modern Football in truth, is all about energy, speed, power, combined with technique now. Not many teams have a ‘regista’ with the physical description of Pirlo. If you put bentancur in 2000s, he could probably develope into a key player Pirlo style.

But in 2019, a player’s responsibility can’t be just sitting deep and spreading passes. Even Modric as a registration is really fast and a quick dribbler. For me, Modric is the modern ‘regista’ and Bentancur isn’t.

Of the past 5 champions league winnning team, who has a ‘regista’ that is slow and physically weak?

Berbatov

Oct 19, 2004
Yes,guys..He delivers energy,pace and direct combinations but somehow our present middfield milks his energy very fast...maybe with Sergei MS and Chiesa or Zaniolo will be key player in future!

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I get your argument about him being good in a regista role. But, instead of role, we should talk about the evolution of football.

Modern Football in truth, is all about energy, speed, power, combined with technique now. Not many teams have a ‘regista’ with the physical description of Pirlo. If you put bentancur in 2000s, he could probably develope into a key player Pirlo style.

But in 2019, a player’s responsibility can’t be just sitting deep and spreading passes. Even Modric as a registration is really fast and a quick dribbler. For me, Modric is the modern ‘regista’ and Bentancur isn’t.

Of the past 5 champions league winnning team, who has a ‘regista’ that is slow and physically weak?
True, football has evolved but there are very few players like Modric. It's easy to say the last 5 CL winners but 4 of them have been Real, the other Barcelona. who have exceptional squads in every position (plus Ronaldo and Messi). Modric is magnificent, but he also has Casemiro (not particularly strong attacker) and Kroos (certainly not a player about speed, energy and power) next to him. Iniesta and Rakitic also had Busquets.

Regardless, Bentancur has plenty of energy, speed, technique, height and fits the profile of a modern footballer. He just is lacking from an attacking point of view. Not every midfielder these days needs to be attacking. I could see him taking Busquets type role very well, where he has technique to keep the ball and win back possession.

Who knows he might develop going forward, he is still young. But people need to change their expectations about him being a Pogba, they are very different.

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
True, football has evolved but there are very few players like Modric. It's easy to say the last 5 CL winners but 4 of them have been Real, the other Barcelona. who have exceptional squads in every position (plus Ronaldo and Messi). Modric is magnificent, but he also has Casemiro (not particularly strong attacker) and Kroos (certainly not a player about speed, energy and power) next to him. Iniesta and Rakitic also had Busquets.

Regardless, Bentancur has plenty of energy, speed, technique, height and fits the profile of a modern footballer. He just is lacking from an attacking point of view. Not every midfielder these days needs to be attacking. I could see him taking Busquets type role very well, where he has technique to keep the ball and win back possession.

Who knows he might develop going forward, he is still young. But people need to change their expectations about him being a Pogba, they are very different.
Well not sure what I’ve been missing but every time I see bentancur play, he has been slow on the ball, dilly dallying.

Meanwhile, I am glad to hear so much constructive assessment on football here. Normally tuz is filled with trolls.

I am actually starting a side enterprise to aquire European footballers who are ending contracts/retiring/popular on social media but can’t play well etc. and then loaning them to Asian football club. If anyone of you is interested to be my Italian satellite please voice out.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Well not sure what I’ve been missing but every time I see bentancur play, he has been slow on the ball, dilly dallying.

Meanwhile, I am glad to hear so much constructive assessment on football here. Normally tuz is filled with trolls.

I am actually starting a side enterprise to aquire European footballers who are ending contracts/retiring/popular on social media but can’t play well etc. and then loaning them to Asian football club. If anyone of you is interested to be my Italian satellite please voice out.
Sounds very interesting. So you hold the players ownership and loan him out? Have you had any deals yet?

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
Sounds very interesting. So you hold the players ownership and loan him out? Have you had any deals yet?
Yes. But not a European to Asian league deal yet. But the recent change of transfer policy in asian football creates the possibility of that. We almost created a solid plan for some players. Mostly players who has won a few champions league and World Cup, and is winding down their career. But the problem is that they did not have a wide enough fan base, or potential to be interesting marketing tool. Khedira a prime example

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)