Rodrigo Bentancur (25 Viewers)

Jun 6, 2015
And yet he failed every serious test in his career so far. You base your forecast on one decent game against awful team.

Изпратено от моят HUAWEI LYO-L21 с помощта на Tapatalk
Could be hard to believe but I've actually seen more than this one game from him.

I've personally liked him since I first saw him play a couple of years back. He still makes too many mistakes but I'm sure he'll improve on that once he matures a bit.

Jun 6, 2015
I thought he was our worst midfielder today. Or maybe not worst but on par with Can. He hides from the ball where his job is to have the ball and play it where it should be played.
Fair enough although I completely disagree. I didn't see him hiding today. Was looking to get on the ball and made himself available constantly.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Thought he was brilliant, MoM for me after Kean.

This is the role he should be playing. In the first half in particular he played a huge part in our performance by moving the ball so quickly. He was more adventurous than usual which led to a couple of misplaced passes but he created at least a couple of clear chances in the first half with excellent passes.

Second half he assists Matuidi with superb movement and an equally good cross. He also plays an excellent quick long ball to Kean for the penalty. This quick mentality and looking to stretch Udinese was a key reason for the performance today.

He also won the ball back numerous times (particularly in the second half) and put himself about to block shots.

Far better in this role than the mezzala.

Last edited:

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
There was a moment where he dodged a certain yellow, it just feels like he can't help it, and maybe I can't either as I have to bring this up again.

Udinese must fret seeing him as he was mom in our last game against them and he haunts them with another top performance again.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
I thought he was our worst midfielder today. Or maybe not worst but on par with Can. He hides from the ball where his job is to have the ball and play it where it should be played.
I guess everybody is entitled to their opinion, but what game were you watching. He was always playable, and was winning the ball back numerous time. Without checking the stats I would imagine him having the most touches on the ball and the most interceptions.
For me it was him AS or Kean as MOTM.

I like him much better as a regista/ DM. Moves the ball around quickly, good first touch, and offers a lot of cover to our CB.

Clamarc

Sep 26, 2018
I guess everybody is entitled to their opinion, but what game were you watching. He was always playable, and was winning the ball back numerous time. Without checking the stats I would imagine him having the most touches on the ball and the most interceptions.
For me it was him AS or Kean as MOTM.

I like him much better as a regista/ DM. Moves the ball around quickly, good first touch, and offers a lot of cover to our CB.
Me too prefer him to play as regista rather than box to box.
His style of play reminds me of Marchisio as regista/ DM, move around a lot offering passing option for teammates then do one touch passing to distribute the ball quickly, has quick feet to getting out of tight situation and good at covering the defensive line. Just needs to improve his composure when he get pressed and his passing especially long pass and he'll come good

Last edited:

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
One of my least favourite juve players in years. Needless fouls, takes an hour to turn, passes so slowly he's a massive interception risk, not great at shooting, average defensively.

Usually those sort of players at juve are exceptionally hard working. This guy is just kinda... There?

Not his worst game today. But it's exactly what I expect from him and it's just not good.

Don't care if he's young. He won't suddenly get a newfound agility or suddenly start passing like an actual center mid should with a few more birthday cakes behind him.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
One of my least favourite juve players in years. Needless fouls, takes an hour to turn, passes so slowly he's a massive interception risk, not great at shooting, average defensively.

Usually those sort of players at juve are exceptionally hard working. This guy is just kinda... There?

Not his worst game today. But it's exactly what I expect from him and it's just not good.

Don't care if he's young. He won't suddenly get a newfound agility or suddenly start passing like an actual center mid should with a few more birthday cakes behind him.
I'm not agree but I have to admit I'm going to use that phrase, specially with my employees

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012

Agree, perhaps he showed talent in his youth that warranted a exchange with Tevez. But his growth has since stalled. But then again, don’t think there is much to learn from our bunch of midfielders. If Pogba is around, this guy would have been more inspired.

Juve_newbie

Jan 11, 2017
Problems with Bentancur is his tendency to lapse in concentration. This make him lose possesion then lead to unnecessary foul and put pressure to our defence. And this has not been solved in nearly 2 years he played here. And unlike Pogba, who sometimes sufferes from the same problems, Bentancur don't have enough output products (goals or assists) to make up for that.

If he doesn't improve it in the next 1-2 seasons, we should consider selling him or banking on another talent and relegated him to the sub role.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)