Rodrigo Bentancur (26 Viewers)

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
Funny that he is starting to win more people over. Last season when he had similarly great games against Real and Barca and we ended up losing, it was most easy to just critisize and slam him, as this new unknown player. Now when he gets more time he has suddenly matured a lot from one day to the other :D

Oct 23, 2011
He still needs to become a little more composed and aware especially in the 3/4th of the pitch. In a couple of instances he got his decision making wrong or lacked the vision to play a through ball to the strikers. Also, he got a few wrong passes wrong yesterday which got almost intercepted. Milan didn't punish that but in the big CL nights these type of errors can cost you games. Having said that what the kid is showing is tremendous and I love that is he getting a run of games. But please lets not get ahead of ourselves yet.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
He makes 3-4 risky bad passes a game so asking him to do more before he can do the "basics" doesnt seem likely
I mean in general, there are a few times where he can move the ball up forward, down the middle but seems to shy away from it

If he wants to make that step up he needs to start doing so

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
Not at all.

Sendt fra min ANE-LX1 med Tapatalk
Most talk about his lack of involvement in final third to become a solid b2b where as his biggest asset IMO is his presence and ability to handle pressure with his control and quick exchanges that let's us play it out from the back / tough for opposition to press, and that's somehow become his main role and makes the midfield tick.

Hence the style comparison to Busquets, though still not as good/smart in possession he's not as soft, got higher work rate, can chase down some counters and put in tackles.

Apr 19, 2007
I mean in general, there are a few times where he can move the ball up forward, down the middle but seems to shy away from it

If he wants to make that step up he needs to start doing so
When Cancelo is in(most of the time) his job is not to be risky with passes etc. Not bc he shouldnt but bc he has Bonucci right behind him doing that as well as Pjanic and Cancelo doing most of the forward drives and passing going forward. Hes clearly been given the role of physical presence and controlling the possesion for now. He will grow his role as times go but no need to rush it. Our success is not based on him taking the next step and honestly its quite the opposite as hes oiur 5th choice

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Salvo is right. He needs make less of those 5m passes and be more proactive, take more risks, and make more direct passes.

edgar is also right in that he needs to stop making those errors.

A third thing he needs to improve on is making runs into the box.

You see those issues in almost every game. He's already decent. Once he improves on those, he'll be a very good CM.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
When Cancelo is in(most of the time) his job is not to be risky with passes etc. Not bc he shouldnt but bc he has Bonucci right behind him doing that as well as Pjanic and Cancelo doing most of the forward drives and passing going forward. Hes clearly been given the role of physical presence and controlling the possesion for now. He will grow his role as times go but no need to rush it. Our success is not based on him taking the next step and honestly its quite the opposite as hes oiur 5th choice
Salvo is right. He needs make less of those 5m passes and be more proactive, take more risks, and make more direct passes.

edgar is also right in that he needs to stop making those errors.

A third thing he needs to improve on is making runs into the box.

You see those issues in almost every game. He's already decent. Once he improves on those, he'll be a very good CM.
Risky was probably the wrong word to use, forward passes, he just needs to back himself.

There were times where I noticed, when I saw juve at the stadium, that he had players ahead of him where he had the option to play an over the top through ball but decided against it
I'd just like to see him have a bit more confidence in his abilities and take that pass on

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Pjanic is still our best midfielder. The numbers prove it too. That being said, Bentancur has established himself as a starter. That khedira contract looks like an even bigger disaster now. 6M for a fourth, fifth stringer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)