Rodrigo Bentancur (16 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
he played the whole season as RCM and suddenly we try him at regista again. we need to make up our mind on what he actually is 1st before throwing him under the bus
Doesn't matter what position you play him in if he gives the ball away then its useless.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
hes carrying a bigger load when he plays Pjanics position. its not something guys like him or Can can pull off successfully. but as a RCM, hes been very good in that stretch when he played week in week out
He still gives the ball away in really dumb positions. Even Matuidi doesn’t do that nearly as often as a guy that’s has much more technical ability.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Well he needs to become half decent at one of them then that is where he will play
He was good at RCM, terrible at regista and whoever is at RCM is doing way much worse than what Bentancur did. But no, we should stick to the same formation, the players will adapt. We might during that time exit the Coppa and the CL but never change the system or approach because we trust Allegri.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
He was good at RCM, terrible at regista and whoever is at RCM is doing way much worse than what Bentancur did. But no, we should stick to the same formation, the players will adapt. We might during that time exit the Coppa and the CL but never change the system or approach because we trust Allegri.
Would still rather play him at RCM than Can or Khedira so..but Allegri should've stuck to what he said before about playing two man midfield when Pjanic is out.

and tbh I don't think that criticism is fair. Allegri is far more open to changing the formation then almost any other top coach. He has played multiple formations this season and even changes at half time when necessary

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Would still rather play him at RCM than Can or Khedira so..but Allegri should've stuck to what he said before about playing two man midfield when Pjanic is out.

and tbh I don't think that criticism is fair. Allegri is far more open to changing the formation then almost any other top coach. He has played multiple formations this season and even changes at half time when necessary
Was it not necessary yesterday? Was our first half outstanding that he left things as they are?

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Was it not necessary yesterday? Was our first half outstanding that he left things as they are?
Not sure why he wouldnt have made changes, didnt catch the second half yesterday due to being at work. He maybe should have but to say that Allegri, overall, is somehow change averse or inflexible is simply not true at all.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I feel like Bentancur, Can, Khedira are all #6s and we don't play with a #6.

Although with time I think Bentancur can play regista. But it's a difficult position to learn quick and it's hard when the other CMs beside you are shit.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

Although with time I think Bentancur can play regista. But it's a difficult position to learn quick and it's hard when the other CMs beside you are shit.
the most important thing lacking from bentancur's game and/or personality is speed. he's very calm and cool headed, but very slow. of course pirlo wasn't a speed demon either, so a regista can be a bit more laid back than a winger , still, if we want a modern, somewhat attack minded, proactive team with bentancur as a protagonist, we should find a way to speed him up.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Pjanic-Bentancur pivot. Why not?

- - - Updated - - -

Costa/Berna--Benten--Pjanic--Mandzu
Dybala--CR​

Mandzu on the left while defending, switch Ronaldo in attack :klin:

- - - Updated - - -

Costa/Berna--Benten--Pjanic--Mandzu
Dybala--CR​

Mandzu on the left while defending, switch with Ronaldo when in attack :klin:

Last edited:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

Let's continue to do it.

Skickat från min H9436 via Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)