Rodrigo Bentancur (13 Viewers)

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
RAMI¹⁰;5618802 said:
Where does that leave our wingers?!
all two of them? :D Costa can rotate upfront as an SS, Cuads can compete for the RCM/RB position. But I agree with the critics of this formation, neither our RB or midfield are good enough for this. our midfield personnel at this moment is hardly sufficient enough for a midfield duo with Pjanič, Khedira and Marchisio injured, if we ever reach a point this season where at least 4 of our reliable midfielders are available and in some kind of decent form we can start considering a midfield trio.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
all two of them? :D Costa can rotate upfront as an SS, Cuads can compete for the RCM/RB position. But I agree with the critics of this formation, neither our RB or midfield are good enough for this. our midfield personnel at this moment is hardly sufficient enough for a midfield duo with Pjanič, Khedira and Marchisio injured, if we ever reach a point this season where at least 4 of our reliable midfielders are available and in some kind of decent form we can start considering a midfield trio.
What do you think about trying Cuadrado as a RB in a back 4 of the 4231?

He has pace to recover quickly and can help in the overlap attacking phase...

If we can try fucking sturaro and barzagli then why not cuads?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, khedira and marchisio will be back shortly and probably pjanic too after the IB.

That gives us AT LEAST 4 healthy CMs possibly 5 for a trio

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
What do you think about trying Cuadrado as a RB in a back 4 of the 4231?

He has pace to recover quickly and can help in the overlap attacking phase...

If we can try fucking sturaro and barzagli then why not cuads?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, khedira and marchisio will be back shortly and probably pjanic too after the IB.

That gives us AT LEAST 4 healthy CMs possibly 5 for a trio
that may be true regarding healthy, but how soon will they be in form to regularly start games? The one I'm worried most about is Marchisio - if the guy can play max 1 game per week, his training regime probably is super cautious too, last season he never really took off after the injury.

I don't think Cuads can cement his place in 4231 as a RB, maybe in 433 with more protection, but I think Allegri would rather play 352/343 with him and Sandro on the sides.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
that may be true regarding healthy, but how soon will they be in form to regularly start games? The one I'm worried most about is Marchisio - if the guy can play max 1 game per week, his training regime probably is super cautious too, last season he never really took off after the injury.
Marchisio had a strong pre season so it's frustrating now he is missing

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

I don't think Cuads can cement his place in 4231 as a RB, maybe in 433 with more protection, but I think Allegri would rather play 352/343 with him and Sandro on the sides.
Cuads is not a Rb, Khedira and Marchisio had the preseason so this little abscence wont make a blind difference and especially Marchisio will carry on building form as he was, as long as he isnt out for months without stepping on a pitch again

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
I have no idea at all why anyone would want to revert back to three man midfield. Do you all not remember how $#@! we were last season with it?

Our 3 man midfield worked when we had world class dynamic midfielders like Pogba and Vidal who covered every inch of the field, and were versatile enough to defend and attack effectively. We don't have those kinds of CMs anymore. Matuidi may have the energy but the dude is garbage with the ball.

part of switching to the 4-2-3-1 was to mitigate the amount of space and duties our CMs would have to cover and it was the right decision and we instantly saw the results of a much more suitable system.

Maybe the 4-3-3 with wingers could work but 4-3-1-2 or 3-5-2 would be terrible with this team, just terrible.
Because a world class midfield three can dominate a midfield two. And it's pointless having extra attackers if they have to track back to retrieve the ball because the midfield duo and the defenders are being pressed out of the game. The attackers need to be running into space to receive passes. We were bad with a midfield 3 last season because we didn't have the right equipment. Now it's much more arguable that we do.

- - - Updated - - -

Its by far and large the worst idea posted on this forum in 2017.

We went all for wingers. This formation uses none
We dont have a RB, this formation fails or succeeds with its fullbacks
All wingers? We have two genuine wingers in Costa and Cuadrado; three genuine strikers in Higuain, Mandzukic and Dybala; and three attacking midfielders - Bernardeschi, Pjanic and Dybala. And besides, in 2015 we had Vidal playing very well in the hole. The 4-3-1-2 in 2015 was very successful even though we had much worse fullbacks, even more successful that last years 4-2-3-1 you might say given how dismal we were in the CL final last year compared to 2015.

P.s Matuidi isn't Pirlo but he's not Sturaro either. He can hold his own with the ball.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Because a world class midfield three can dominate a midfield two. And it's pointless having extra attackers if they have to track back to retrieve the ball because the midfield duo and the defenders are being pressed out of the game. The attackers need to be running into space to receive passes. We were bad with a midfield 3 last season because we didn't have the right equipment. Now it's much more arguable that we do.

- - - Updated - - -

All wingers? We have two genuine wingers in Costa and Cuadrado; three genuine strikers in Higuain, Mandzukic and Dybala; and three attacking midfielders - Bernardeschi, Pjanic and Dybala. And besides, in 2015 we had Vidal playing very well in the hole. The 4-3-1-2 in 2015 was very successful even though we had much worse fullbacks, even more successful that last years 4-2-3-1 you might say given how dismal we were in the CL final last year compared to 2015.

P.s Matuidi isn't Pirlo but he's not Sturaro either. He can hold his own with the ball.
4312 was a workhorse formation based on that incredible selection of cm's who compensated for so many flaws the formation had

Our 4231 is vastly superior with a weak as shit central midfield. Its the way forward, especially with all the talent at cm we got to improve it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)