Rodrigo Bentancur (80 Viewers)

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
5 seasons, 3 different coaches. And at best under Allegri in 18-19 and Sarri in 19-20 he was slightly above average. Good enough for Spurs, not good enough for Juve.

All this because he had a couple good performances against teams like 16th place Leeds and 15th place Newcastle. Lol
He and Kulu have been consistently good ever since they joined

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
i still think we could have kept him, he was cheap and a good enough squad player. but happy for him, starting for a mid table club without less pressure and earning more obviously suits him better.
We couldn't sell Arthur so he had to make way I am sure Allegri would have preferred to keep considering his workrate and defensive aspect of the game.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
i still think we could have kept him, he was cheap and a good enough squad player. but happy for him, starting for a mid table club without less pressure and earning more obviously suits him better.
After we bought Vlahovic the options are
Loan Arthur to Arsenal without obligation to buy (save wages but getting low fee)
Sell Bentancur and get 19m + 6m

We should go for the first option.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
After we bought Vlahovic the options are
Loan Arthur to Arsenal without obligation to buy (save wages but getting low fee)
Sell Bentancur and get 19m + 6m

We should go for the first option.
Edu and Cherubini were close to a deal unfortunately Arsenal owners vetoed the deal.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I've no idea how Rabiot reaching his potential even looks, is he a 10-15 goals per season midfielder that's physically abusing opponents and driving the ball forward at speed?
He'd be a DM that can pass forward well (with one foot so not exactly great), also can run with the ball but not a great dribbler. Good at attacking the box without the ball. He needs to play with intensity more often though. He should study Khedira in the way he plays without the ball, and he needs Bonuccis motivation coach before each game so he's fired up like it's last month of the season and he plays for a contract

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
And it's not just the signing of Kulusevski that has benefitted Doherty down the flank, but the arrival of Bentancur, too. Previously, Spurs lacked a central midfielder to advance and spread the play from the middle of the park, however the Uruguayan has stepped into the side with ease and Conte's side are all the better for it. Bentancur's ability to consistently pick out a teammate from range means a long ball accuracy of 75% is the best of all Spurs players in the Premier League this season.
When the wing-backs push on, Bentancur is able to play the ball into their path, which enables Spurs to hurt opponents down the flanks, with the team now deemed to be very strong at 'attacking down the wings', and in particular down the right. A
higher proportion of their attacks do come down the right (39%), that in itself the third best in England's top tier. Now able to maximise the offensive side to his game with his teammates prepared to carry out the defensive duties, Doherty is thriving with the responsibility of getting into the final third more regularly and Spurs are all the better for 'Dohberto Carlos' rediscovering his best form.

- - - Updated - - -

But but but Bentancur was the problem, not Allegri's garbage tactics :rofl:

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
So English pundits before the spurs game highlighting Bentancur and saying how he always trys to pass direct and move the ball forward never passing side ways or backwards. Then showing examples.

Makes me think our midfielders are being directed to play like soy boys.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I hated him before he left and wanted him gone but now I'm blaming our managers and management for building an unbalanced squad and favouring negative defensive football

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 79)