Rodrigo Bentancur (17 Viewers)

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
I don't remember if it was the last year of Allegri or the year of Sarri when we had Superlig and retirement ready Pjanic and Khedira and MLS bound Matuidi that some valuated Bentancur at 80m. Was the first name in their dream team/midfield lineup for then and the future.

At this rate of progression now, he may become 80m Bentancur again under Allegri.

- - - Updated - - -

Berna didn't look any better with Italy, just great PKs. Don't know where this belief of Berna is great with Italy comes from.

But yesterday he man marked Jorginho out of the game. EuroMax said before the game he needs to stop thinking of himself as a fantasista. Allegri eletro-shocking the players with sharp words is working.

Last edited:

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Uruguay haven't won anything in 10 years against terrible Brazil and Argentina sides. But if we're going to take that as an argument then we're ok with Rabiot too.
True but he was clearly Uruguay's best mid last WC next to Nandez/Torreira, but I read comments like how we should sign Torreira and Nandez.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Uruguay haven't won anything in 10 years against terrible Brazil and Argentina sides. But if we're going to take that as an argument then we're ok with Rabiot too.
Rabiot is a fixture in Frances starting lineup?

Uruguay is ranked 12th in the world right now and have a good midfield. So he’s a fixture there and he’s now a fixture for one of the best managers on the planet. He can’t be that bad. I just think there’s a lot of confirmation bias going on with Bentancur. When he messes up it’ll be magnified because of past performances (which mainly have come playing out of position.) When he does well, oh he just got lucky.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013

Uruguay is ranked 12th in the world right now and have a good midfield. So he’s a fixture there and he’s now a fixture for one of the best managers on the planet. He can’t be that bad. I just think there’s a lot of confirmation bias going on with Bentancur. When he messes up it’ll be magnified because of past performances (which mainly have come playing out of position.) When he does well, oh he just got lucky.
I'm telling you, those same people will exaggerate at the other end and will say he's a 80m player again. It never fails. I see him being a 6.5 player again this season under Allegri.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I'm telling you, those same people will exaggerate at the other end and will say he's a 80m player again. It never fails. I see him being a 6.5 player again this season under Allegri.
which is fine considering his wages and age. Hope management upgrades next summer, but Bentancur as a squad player is pretty dope. He’s a level above the Sturaros he gets mixed in with regularly.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
@JCK

Mr 80m Bentancurs now claiming its others who are 80m Bentancurs. :lol3:

Kind of like when his Sarri is the best Italian league coach and Allegri is washed up trash turned into I was never a fan of Sarri, I’m a big Allegri fan.
The way he flip flops is funny considering he doesn't make a single post without calling out the opinion of others. He should be a case study.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011

He started 3/4 of France's Euro matches and came on as a sub in the 4th, including playing every minute of extra time against Switzerland so I'd say so.

That means nothing, Belgium has been 1st for how long now? Both them and England are above Italy, both were beaten by Italy. As I said, he excels at nothing and is a card magnet. His peak as a player is "solid" and his floor is "abysmal." In general he is terrible with the ball, you won't go far with that from your midfield.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Really good game.

He's calmer when he gets the ball under pressure and despite not really having attacking instincts his runs into the box have been effective this season. It looks like a clear tactic from Allegri and something we've missed.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Really good game.

He's calmer when he gets the ball under pressure and despite not really having attacking instincts his runs into the box have been effective this season. It looks like a clear tactic from Allegri and something we've missed.
yeah he’s got him playing the Khedira role. Obviously rather have Tchouameni but Bentancur is playing much better under Max. Just no more regista, ever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)