Rodrigo Bentancur (45 Viewers)

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Bentancur can be a as bully as they come. Hell, in his bad game against Toro he had like 6 tackles. And tbh I am afraid he can be wasted at DM position, he has all the tools to be great b2b, except the shot.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
he's far more dynamic than Busquets if you ask me
for me they’re similar in that they both have limitations, pace and shooting for example, but the things they do; retaining and maintaining possession, distributing the ball, setting the pace, they do at the highest level. Bentancur is still a little raw, but the jump he’s made from last season is significant. I like the idea of him in front of the defense with two creative mids next to him ala Barca when busquets was flagged by Iniesta and Xavi. Obviously not gonna find anyone on that level, but same general concept. Arthur was a start. Rabiot has improved but I’m not sure we can rely on him as a full time starter just yet. I love the idea of Aouar.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
for me they’re similar in that they both have limitations, pace and shooting for example, but the things they do; retaining and maintaining possession, distributing the ball, setting the pace, they do at the highest level. Bentancur is still a little raw, but the jump he’s made from last season is significant. I like the idea of him in front of the defense with two creative mids next to him ala Barca when busquets was flagged by Iniesta and Xavi. Obviously not gonna find anyone on that level, but same general concept. Arthur was a start. Rabiot has improved but I’m not sure we can rely on him as a full time starter just yet. I love the idea of Aouar.
Again I think you under rate bentancur, he plays in a more advanced role for Uruguay and to quite decent effect too with his attacking moves off the ball, something busquets is not accustomed to

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
I don’t think pace is a weakness for Bentancur to be honest. He’s not slow.

May 23, 2013
Bentancur is a very solid B2B midfielder. However, as long as Pjanic is here, I far prefer Bentancur at regista. Bentancur might explode as a B2B midfielder once a proper regista comes in (maybe Arthur or Jorginho?) but for now the make up of the squad and his own skill set makes Bentancur more suited to a deeper role.

Jan 22, 2016
Lol Bentancur isn't slow at all. I haven't seen a single time when he has been outrun by someone, while i have seen the opposite a lot.

Without him the season would have become a terribly wrong one. He is singlehandedly taking our middle on his shoulder, i can't remember a season in the last of 10 years we rely on just one player this much in the middle.
The guy is performing in every fucking game, just imagine we had him instead of Pirlo in the 2015 final. I'm sure with him we would have destroyed Barca and won that game.

I can't hide my excitement for the next season, to see this guy alongside real qualities like him.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Lol Bentancur isn't slow at all. I haven't seen a single time when he has been outrun by someone, while i have seen the opposite a lot.

Without him the season would have become a terribly wrong one. He is singlehandedly taking our middle on his shoulder, i can't remember a season in the last of 10 years we rely on just one player this much in the middle.
The guy is performing in every fucking game, just imagine we had him instead of Pirlo in the 2015 final. I'm sure with him we would have destroyed Barca and won that game.

I can't hide my excitement for the next season, to see this guy alongside real qualities like him.
I love Bentancur too, but I'm worried about those guys with real qualities beside him. Who do you have in mind?

Jan 22, 2016
I love Bentancur too, but I'm worried about those guys with real qualities beside him. Who do you have in mind?
Having Arthur on his left side is instant upgrade on Matuidi.he has one more option to pass and We will keep the ball much more easier compared to this season . whenever i see Matuidi puts himself in a good position i see our player ignore him completely, they don't trust him at all.

I'm not sure and can't say Arthur is enough to see the best of Bentancur, we need another B2B midfielder surly. I can see us go for Pogba, N'Dombele or SMS. I'm certain Paratici will do everything to provide a solid midfield for Sarri. I just hope that player won't be Sarri's long time lover.i would rather to bet on Rabiot than having jorginho, even though he isn't a bad player by any means but we don't need his type here.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Having Arthur on his left side is instant upgrade on Matuidi.he has one more option to pass and We will keep the ball much more easier compared to this season . whenever i see Matuidi puts himself in a good position i see our player ignore him completely, they don't trust him at all.

I'm not sure and can't say Arthur is enough to see the best of Bentancur, we need another B2B midfielder surly. I can see us go for Pogba, N'Dombele or SMS. I'm certain Paratici will do everything to provide a solid midfield for Sarri. I just hope that player won't be Sarri's long time lover.i would rather to bet on Rabiot than having jorginho, even though he isn't a bad player by any means but we don't need his type here.
Ive seen Ronaldo has completely given up on him. He doesnt pass to him anymore. Probably he thinks id rather try my luck with a long shot than pass to him.

May 23, 2013
Sturaro looked like a stud in 2015. Things may not have panned out for him since. Sturaro had great performances vs the likes of Madrid and Napoli. His toughness and energy is something that is always useful against elite opposition. His lack of technical skill would have been more than compensated for by the abilities of Marchisio, Vidal and Pogba.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Sturaro looked like a stud in 2015. Things may not have panned out for him since. Sturaro had great performances vs the likes of Madrid and Napoli. His toughness and energy is something that is always useful against elite opposition. His lack of technical skill would have been more than compensated for by the abilities of Marchisio, Vidal and Pogba.
Sturaro is exactly where he is supposed to be atm, it's his ceiling, he might have even overachieved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 42)