Robin Van Persie (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
van persie does play on a winger position sometimes. He reminds me of Giovinco with his position. maybe a little further up front.

But why are we even discussing this? Arsenal are famous for their great youth-work, and van persie is surely one of the best examples to prove that what they're doing is good! There is NO WAY he is going to leave arsenal. I'd even say that he won't leave arsenal until he wins something with them. They're getting stronger every year, and i see no reason why anyone of the young stars should leave this team... Van Persie is not even a dream. This is just pure Bullshit. I'd love to have him, as about every juve fan, but it's NOT going to happen, let's not waste time dreaming of him.
but its not his preferred position, he's wasted on the wing.

I've always thought RVP is so overrated don't you think so Fred:D
I think a lot of our players tend to get overrated sometimes (Adebayor, Walcott big examples) but Van Persie isnt one of them, he's extremely talented, and i'm sure he'll take the league by storm if it werent for his injuries. If anything he's underrated. some of the goals he's scored and the things he can do with the ball are just out of this world

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
I wouldn't want him to be Nedved's replacement. There are other, better options although Van Persie is a fantastic player.

What would be the asking price for him, Fred? Do you have any idea? Or better yet, would Wenger even sell him?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I wouldn't want him to be Nedved's replacement. There are other, better options although Van Persie is a fantastic player.

What would be the asking price for him, Fred? Do you have any idea? Or better yet, would Wenger even sell him?
Theres no way Arsene would be willing to sell him at all, he rates him very highly.

And he is in no way a Nedved replacement, like i said before, he is completely wasted on the wing..he's more of a second striker.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
i wonder why guys go on a discussion on who will he replace in juve while the reality is that he is not coming to juve

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
I can ask you a same question: Why are you visiting this fourm and keep posting when you know that noone read your posts or take them seriously and when you know that you gonna be bashed for everything you say?

And I have another question for you, how much mices you destroy weekly by only clicking copy-paste?

JuvePower

Jan 2, 2006
Arsenal heeft twee spelers van Juventus op het oog: Sebastian Giovinco en Claudio Marchisio. De Italiaanse topclub zou eventueel bereid zijn om te onderhandelen indien Arsenal mee wil werken aan een transfer van Robin van Persie. (The Sun)

Arsenal is interested in Giovinco and Marchisio. Juve is only willing to negotiate, if Arsenal is willing to transfer Van Persie

Meath

Jan 14, 2007
If we get rid of Giovinco for ANYBODY we are idiots! Van Persie is a great player, but averages about 15 games a season due to injuries, so he's not worth it.

Meath

Jan 14, 2007
But why are we even discussing this? Arsenal are famous for their great youth-work, and van persie is surely one of the best examples to prove that what they're doing is good! There is NO WAY he is going to leave arsenal. I'd even say that he won't leave arsenal until he wins something with them. They're getting stronger every year, and i see no reason why anyone of the young stars should leave this team... Van Persie is not even a dream. This is just pure Bullshit. I'd love to have him, as about every juve fan, but it's NOT going to happen, let's not waste time dreaming of him.
How do you explain Hleb, Flamini, Gilberto Silva? Also Adebayor wants to leave, so does Gallas. Everything isn't so rosy in the arsenal garden

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
How do you explain Hleb, Flamini, Gilberto Silva? Also Adebayor wants to leave, so does Gallas. Everything isn't so rosy in the arsenal garden
alright, you got me there. Still i don't believe van persie will leave. At least not in 'good deal' for us. By trading giovinco or so, i think it could be possible... but who would want that (except the arsenal-fans). Flamini was the surprise in the 3 names u made. I think wenger did not expect him to leave in the end. with hleb, i think they made a decent deal and gilberto silva is not part of their youth and is fully replaceable. As for adebayor, i think he'll remain in arsenal and if not, i think he's replaceable too. I don't see how he can be worth +20mio. To me, he's over valuated. but i can't really comment too much about it all. I don't follow epl that much, especially not arsenal

Meath

Jan 14, 2007
Yeah, in fairness Adebayor is still at arsenal, so Flamini is the only young player that left. But I think Hleb mentioned that Arsenal won't spend big money on players so they have little chance of winning trophys, that's why he moved. He didn't want to finish 3rd and 4th in the premiership every year.
Adebayor had a redicliously good season last year, that's the reason he was valued so highly, but up to last season he looked a bit of a donkey.

But I remember van persie was talking about a new contract about a month ago, all this talk of Juve is probably spread by his agent so he can get more money. For his 15 games a season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)