Robin van Persie - ST - Manchester United (15 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thirteen

Reversed Hierophant
Feb 8, 2015
How 'bout this.

Llorente+Ogbonna straight swap for Coutinho. Wages have dropped maybe a mil or two.

RVP for 10 mil, 4 mil wages.

Buffon
Caceres-Bonucci-Chiellini-Evra
Vidal-Marchisio-Pogba
Coutinho
Tevez-Morata​

Bench: Dybala, Coman, RVP, stacked bitches
I like coutinho a lot

But it's more like llorente+ogbonner+ minimum of 20m for Coutinho.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
I prefer Mandzukic, because he is 3 years younger and a bigger fighter. Van Persie on the other hand is classier player overall. Tough decision... All depends on the transfer fee and wages.

Cavani would be the best option perhaps, but... imposibiru.

Nomuken

NUMB
Contributor
Dec 14, 2009
RVP is distilled, overdue and stagnate. Still has flair but we can do better were runner up in CL FFS. We have a whole Mercato ahead of us we can or deserve better for this run.

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
Robin Van Persie has been one of the finest strikers to grace the Premier league in the last 10 years. Nobody in their right mind would deny that.

The problem is that he has almost certainly passed his zenith about 12 months ago and his career path is now on a trajectory that will steadily drift on a gentle path downwards. Given his known injury record, his predeliction for being a loose cannon in the dressing room and, most importantly, the need for Juventus to replace Tevez with someone who is an upgrade, or at the very least, someone equally effective, then RVP is not really a move in the right direction. To say he is better than Zaza, as some have correctly said, is missing the point. We need a better class of player interms of age (22/28) who will prove a wise investment over the medium to long term. (3-5 yrs). Ask yourself this question. Would Barcelona, PSG, Bayern Munich, Real Madrid or Chelsea look seriously at signing him?

The club has some serious decisions to make in the coming days and weeks as it implements its plans to strengthen the squad. With Pirlo and Tevez being the likely departures this Summer, the real test will be find proven quality replacements that will intensify our attacking options.

There are a good number out there and the decisions that will be made will define our prospects for the next three years and beyond.

The great thing is that -for me - we have the finances now in place to take us to the next level and in Marotta and Patrici, the right people to source the quality we require to stay dominant in Serie A and to consolidate our performances and reputation in Europe.

Jun 6, 2015
RvP would be an almost instant starter here. Don't let the last two years fool you, he has played in a troubled team while having fitness problems. RvP still has some gas left in his tank and he would be good option for the next two seasons. This would also give our younger attackers time to develop without too much stress. You just don't win big time with 20 year olds there needs to be experience in the team and RvP that's exactly what he's got.

enzo

May 14, 2012
RvP would be an almost instant starter here. Don't let the last two years fool you, he has played in a troubled team while having fitness problems. RvP still has some gas left in his tank and he would be good option for the next two seasons. This would also give our younger attackers time to develop without too much stress. You just don't win big time with 20 year olds there needs to be experience in the team and RvP that's exactly what he's got.
Who are you, his manager?

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
VP has won what? 1 UEFA Cup, 1 Premier League and lost one CL final. Morata's list is already filled more. And no I'm not including minor/consolation prizes... Not comparing them any further, but Morata is obviously the future we should be banking on.

His last 2 years with fitness problems are exactly the reasons why we should stay away from him. We need a healthy backup we can count on in Serie A. Matri or Zaza will do.

Jun 6, 2015
VP has won what? 1 UEFA Cup, 1 Premier League and lost one CL final. Morata's list is already filled more. And no I'm not including minor/consolation prizes... Not comparing them any further, but Morata is obviously the future we should be banking on.

His last 2 years with fitness problems are exactly the reasons why we should stay away from him. We need a healthy backup we can count on in Serie A. Matri or Zaza will do.
I don't see him as a backup as I already said. Morata definitely is the future and needs to play but the only scenario I see RvP is coming is if Tevez leaves. If that's the case we should definitely get him. We won't go far with Morata, Dybala, Zaza, Berardi.

- - - Updated - - -

Who are you, his manager?
I wish. Just pointing out that he isn't some old fart with no skills at all. He is still an elite forward.

OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #193
    the normal slow as fuck one or the movie one? :boh: ::hustini2::
    Movie one.

- - - Updated - - -

:tup: to the new guy

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    I just wonder how someone like Van Persie would do with our training methods, Allegri runs players hard, and that guy has never been a supreme athlete.

Mar 10, 2009
    RVP won't start ahead of Morata and Tevez, and he wants to leave United so he can play first team football. Unless he somehow changes his mind and is prepared to play the supersub role, then there really is no point in singing this guy.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    To put it into perspective Van Persie played 2100 league minutes for United, Morata played 1300 for Juve. Van Persie must realise that he isn't going to play as many minutes as that here.

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #200
    RVP won't start ahead of Morata and Tevez, and he wants to leave United so he can play first team football. Unless he somehow changes his mind and is prepared to play the supersub role, then there really is no point in singing this guy.
    We played how many games this season between Serie A, Coppa and CL?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)