Robin Van Persie - Forward - Arsenal (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
But how enamoured would he be at the prospect of playing in Serie A week in week out? Plus i think you would be suprised at how much game time we would give him. Plus we are all only human. Putting your love for Juve aside (if at all possible, lol) If i offered you £100,000 a week to play in a weaker league with a chance of winning the Scudetto or £200,000 a week to join the reigning champs of the best league in the world and winning The Premier League, which would you find more attractive?

I believe if City we really pushed for him we could get him. It's just frustrating that we are dragging our feet which could see us lose him.
EPL is shite. Go back to your EPL forum, you seem like some fucker who would like Shitty.

BlakeTheBlue

Jul 19, 2012
I understand what you're saying. There's no bias, I'm only saying what's been reported by reliable sources and what the player's interests are. Whether Serie A is now a 'weak' league, or whether the BPL is the 'best' league is a matter of opinion. I won't comment on that. Overall, Serie A is still considered in the Top 3 leagues in the world along with BPL and La Liga. As far as playing week in and week out in Serie A, it would certainly provide RvP with a brand new challenge and stage to show what he's got. If you've watched Serie A in the past two seasons - it is anything but boring. Serie A has a soft-spot for any dutchman, as well, as they have been very successful in Italy. Serie A would be attractive to any player if you're looking at the level of competition, intelligence, and play - just not the wages.

Man City might "surprise" at how much game time he might get, but the better offer for RvP would still be the virtually guaranteed starting spot for at least a season, and the central role in the squad. A starting spot is worth some money for a 29-yr old. Anyway, If we go by RvP's words, then it is more about the project - and Juve's project is certainly one of the most attractive out there. But we'll see what happens in the coming weeks. Although it is looking more unlikely City is under the player's consideration, and Arsenal's as well. But you never know.
Ok, fair enough. I get what you're saying. But while Juve might be an exciting project, So is Citys... Maybe the most exciting project around. Plus i'm not sure where you are hearing this info that RVP has cooled intrest in City. from what i hear he is yet to say anything, And all Arsenal are saying is they want full price for him. I haven't read or heard anything along those lines. Just that Juve and United have been more public in their dealings (United especialy) which makes twitchy gamblers throw money at him joining either of you two changing the odds abit. I wouldn't read anything into it to be honest. Or indeed believe anything the papers/TV/Websites say at all. None of them have a clue. Nobody really does except RVP.

---------- Post added 24.07.2012 at 19:21 ----------

EPL is $#@!e. Go back to your EPL forum, you seem like some $#@!er who would like $#@!ty.
Such eloquence, you have moved me to tears... You missed your calling in life, Surely you should have been a poet instead of an Internet Warrior :andyandbarcelona:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)