Robin Van Persie - Forward - Arsenal (145 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Bit on the transfer updates bit of SKY just confirming Juve's interest.

They then went to someone from SKY Italia who was speaking about Van Persie wanting a club with history and a good project and being put off moving within England by the amount of abuse Nasri got, but admitted wages would be a problem - though said Juve felt they could compete with Utd on wages, but not with City.

---------- Post added 24.07.2012 at 18:01 ----------

The 'club with history' bit seems unlikely to me.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Bit on the transfer updates bit of SKY just confirming Juve's interest.

They then went to someone from SKY Italia who was speaking about Van Persie wanting a club with history and a good project and being put off moving within England by the amount of abuse Nasri got, but admitted wages would be a problem - though said Juve felt they could compete with Utd on wages, but not with City.

---------- Post added 24.07.2012 at 18:01 ----------

Sounds like a lot of non-news.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Yeah, well, he could go to Liverpool in that case. Seeing as he wants to leave to win trophies now I don't see how that factors in.

I still believe we are the 2nd favourites here, but as always we await moves by City.

BlakeTheBlue

Jul 19, 2012
So both Tevez and Dzeko want to leave regardless of RVP coming or not? :lol:
I think Tevez wants Milan and has done since last year but Milan are the shiftiest, most untrustworthy scumbags in world football in terms of transfer dealings. They want players for nothing. Tevez knows he is in a good position with 2 years left on his contract. He would be more than happy to play out his deal and then move on for free for a huge signing bonus.

Dzeko is a different matter. He loves it at City but he knows that the clubs owners are less than impressed with his form since joining. He would like to stay but would be open to a move if it was to a big club like Milan or Bayern. But he wont openly ask to leave while there is a chance of staying. If we do sign RVP either one or maybe even both will move... RVP, Balotelli, Aguero would be an awesome front 3 to choose from.

Our main issue however lies in moving on Adebayor and Santa Cruz who know they will get no game time with City but are both on big wages and refuse to take a pay cut to move elsewhere, I can't really blame them either, especialy not Roque who is a nice fella who always tries hard. But this is why we are dragging our feet on the RVP signing. If we could have moved on those two earlier then we would have already done the deal. But as it stands there are decisions to be made. Do we keep dragging our feet and run the risk of loosing our No1 summer target to yourselves or even god forbid the Filthy lot from Trafford. Or do we bite the bullet and go for it regardless?

Personaly i wouldn't be too disapointed if we kept the strikers we have and missed out on RVP if he ended up at Juve. But i'd hate to see him at ManUre :(

juve901

The Strategist
Jul 8, 2008
Even though his wage demands are reportedly £190,000 a week?
Majority of papers are reporting he's looking for 7-8m after-tax. Juve can do that. But RvP - at 29 yrs - is said to be searching for a project that he can join a team, that can challenge domestically and in Europe, and where he's virtually gauranteed a starting spot.

Besides what the rags publish from time to time, it doesn't appear he's truly focusing on salary as Arsenal's counter-offer would have probably sufficed. It's more about trophies, but he wants a team and a project where he'll be playing an integral part. City can't offer that (but can give the highest salary). Utd. might be able to (and can offer a high salary). And Juve can definitely offer that (and offer a competitive salary).

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Even though his wage demands are reportedly £190,000 a week?
I don't think his wage demands are the same for every club. imo if Arsenal would have bought some big names he would have stayed at Arsenal for less, that's if you believe his statement "... Financial terms or a contract have not been discussed, since that is not my priority at all. ..." whereas from City he would demand more than £190k pw, given that the City's best players earn about £250k pw.

BlakeTheBlue

Jul 19, 2012
Majority of papers are reporting he's looking for 7-8m after-tax. Juve can do that. But RvP - at 29 yrs - is said to be searching for a project that he can join a team, that can challenge domestically and in Europe, and where he's virtually gauranteed a starting spot.

Besides what the rags publish from time to time, it doesn't appear he's truly focusing on salary as Arsenal's counter-offer would have probably sufficed. It's more about trophies, but he wants a team and a project where he'll be playing an integral part. City can't offer that (but can give the highest salary). Utd. might be able to (and can offer a high salary). And Juve can definitely offer that (and offer a competitive salary).
But how enamoured would he be at the prospect of playing in Serie A week in week out? Plus i think you would be suprised at how much game time we would give him. Plus we are all only human. Putting your love for Juve aside (if at all possible, lol) If i offered you £100,000 a week to play in a weaker league with a chance of winning the Scudetto or £200,000 a week to join the reigning champs of the best league in the world and winning The Premier League, which would you find more attractive?

I believe if City we really pushed for him we could get him. It's just frustrating that we are dragging our feet which could see us lose him.

juve901

The Strategist
Jul 8, 2008
But how enamoured would he be at the prospect of playing in Serie A week in week out? Plus i think you would be suprised at how much game time we would give him. Plus we are all only human. Putting your love for Juve aside (if at all possible, lol) If i offered you £100,000 a week to play in a weaker league with a chance of winning the Scudetto or £200,000 a week to join the reigning champs of the best league in the world and winning The Premier League, which would you find more attractive?

I believe if City we really pushed for him we could get him. It's just frustrating that we are dragging our feet which could see us lose him.
I understand what you're saying. There's no bias, I'm only saying what's been reported by reliable sources and what the player's interests are. Whether Serie A is now a 'weak' league, or whether the BPL is the 'best' league is a matter of opinion. I won't comment on that. Overall, Serie A is still considered in the Top 3 leagues in the world along with BPL and La Liga. As far as playing week in and week out in Serie A, it would certainly provide RvP with a brand new challenge and stage to show what he's got. If you've watched Serie A in the past two seasons - it is anything but boring. Serie A has a soft-spot for any dutchman, as well, as they have been very successful in Italy. Serie A would be attractive to any player if you're looking at the level of competition, intelligence, and play - just not the wages.

Man City might "surprise" at how much game time he might get, but the better offer for RvP would still be the virtually guaranteed starting spot for at least a season, and the central role in the squad. A starting spot is worth some money for a 29-yr old. Anyway, If we go by RvP's words, then it is more about the project - and Juve's project is certainly one of the most attractive out there. But we'll see what happens in the coming weeks. Although it is looking more unlikely City is under the player's consideration, and Arsenal's as well. But you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 144)