Robin Van Persie - Forward - Arsenal (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Damn, rejecting 25 mill is nuts. I guess either they are tired of City taking all their players, or RVP doesn't want to go to a competitor. Juve it is :tuttosport:

Although I remember an interview of his when he was young where he said his dream team was Barca followed by Arsenal.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Could be.

Am I the only one who thinks next season's EPL title will be between Chelsea and City?
yes :p

more like ManU vs ManU ... and Chelsea pitching in here and there if ManU don't sign 2 proper mids and a CB.
doubt Mancio will get another gift of a lifetime from Fergie this year, so I guess that leaves them behind Chelsea too.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I don't know. It's true that United basically handed City the title but they just seem so suspect now. They really need a whole new midfield if they want to have a chance.

May 22, 2007
United, Chelsea and City will fight for the title. City to take it.

Maybe thats why. Got tired of making their rivals better all the time?
I think that's unlikely. From what I understand of Arsenal, they are run as a business and their shareholders want it to remain that way. RvP will have to reject all approaches from City first.

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
arsenal have to sell, they will not keep a highly rated player like rvp on the bench or freeze him form the squad. that will hurt the club in the long run+ they will lose 15m+ if they dont sell this year.
i doubt any club will pay 25m+ for a player at his age and with 1 year left. would be stupied to make this a bidding war, in this situation.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
With one year left on his contract, Marotta should not pay any thing more 25 mil.
Say what? Arsenal should deem themselves lucky if anyone paid more than 15mil! Everyone could easily just forget RVP, and go for him next season for free. No one but Juventus NEEDS a striker, City could tell them to fuck off, so could Barca, PSG and whoever else might be interested. And Marotta could tell 'em take my 8mil or fuck off. Then Wenger will loose RVP for free next season. The biggest looser in this is Wenger no one else.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Arsenal got ~£25m from Man City for Nasri when he only had a year left on his contract.

I can't see Arsenal accepting less than that - certainly from an English club.

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
but i seems now even man city have to think before spending 20m+, and they have just won the epl, and they dont really need a new forward. the financal fair play rules will have effect this year, no?

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
City is being stupid, patience is a virtue. Just wait one season and they could have gotten him for free, same thing with RVP right now. I'd love to see RVP stay in Arsenal, cause turmoil in the locker room, they face us in the CL then get rapped, then at the end of the summer, Robin goes to City for free, or Madrid for free and we get Higuain.

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009
I think now that RvP's said he won't renew, Marotta should take advantage of the situation, have a meeting with him, reach a primary agreement with RvP on the grounds of us giving him the wage he wants AND in return he should refuse other offers and press Arsenal's board for a transfer even harder.
This way if we offer them 18-20 mil (which is fair enough :D) they might resist at first but eventually they'll have to accept or lose him on free next summer. And we can redirect the 5-10 mil discount towards RvP's wages.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
but i seems now even man city have to think before spending 20m+, and they have just won the epl, and they dont really need a new forward. the financal fair play rules will have effect this year, no?
Yeah, but I think they are comfortable spending that sort of money on a forward as long as they sell Adebayor and finally get Santa Cruz off their wage bill.

Still, if they spend £25m on Van Persie, I'd expect one of their other strikers to leave, probably Dzeko.

Can you really imagine a team going into a season with Van Persie, Aguero, Tevez, Dzeko and Balotelli? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)