Robin Van Persie - Forward - Arsenal (141 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
So Marrotta is not to blame for this at all? Just asking in all seriousness. No sarcasm.
It depends on what do you mean by blame? Marotta never even approached RVP, it was all fabrications. So you can blame him for not trying but you cannot blame him for failing to buy.

Ironz

Jan 31, 2010
So what's a "top player"!!? Were mucking around with the big boys. Concentrate on Jovetic and start producing our "own brand" of top players like the marchisios and vidals. Fuq RVP and those so called kunts.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
So what's a "top player"!!? Were mucking around with the big boys. Concentrate on Jovetic and start producing our "own brand" of top players like the marchisios and vidals. Fuq RVP and those so called kunts.
The top player according to Marotta is:

A player that can be bought on our terms without the hassle of negotiations and bidding wars
A player that is willing to join us so we can work on his price in a better way
A player that "fits our system according to the coach's demands" (only to cover why other players weren't bought)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
No, I mean, all summer long we go hammer and tongs with RvP being our number 1 target, trips to London, mentioning players and how much we admire such players. Last year we blamed it all on Juve being a 7th place team with no CL, when Aguero chose Shitty over us. We mentioned names like Pastore, Higuain among others, and ended up with Vucinic. This year, in almost similar fashion, we harp about how crazy we are about Cavani, Higuain and RvP. We talk about fucking LCDs in a house, and for the second year running lose out on the supposed #1 target. All this, as champions of Italy, with CL football and a kick ass stadium. But no, this year we blame it on the scommesopoli or whateverthefuck it is. So is this really it?! I will reserve judgment on this issue till the 31st of August, but in my view, anything short of Armero, Dzeko and maybe if required a Bocchetti, will be a failed mercato for the champions of Italy. At least that's the way I see it.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
No, I mean, all summer long we go hammer and tongs with RvP being our number 1 target, trips to London, mentioning players and how much we admire such players. Last year we blamed it all on Juve being a 7th place team with no CL, when Aguero chose Shitty over us. We mentioned names like Pastore, Higuain among others, and ended up with Vucinic. This year, in almost similar fashion, we harp about how crazy we are about Cavani, Higuain and RvP. We talk about fucking LCDs in a house, and for the second year running lose out on the supposed #1 target. All this, as champions of Italy, with CL football and a kick ass stadium. But no, this year we blame it on the scommesopoli or whateverthefuck it is. So is this really it?! I will reserve judgment on this issue till the 31st of August, but in my view, anything short of Armero, Dzeko and maybe if required a Bocchetti, will be a failed mercato for the champions of Italy. At least that's the way I see it.
Do you really believe all that? trips to London and a player preferred us over another team for a certain reason?

All these names that you mentioned are just imaginations, Marotta never even considers any of them, seriously now I think you already know better.

JoePanini

Apr 29, 2012
No, I mean, all summer long we go hammer and tongs with RvP being our number 1 target, trips to London, mentioning players and how much we admire such players. Last year we blamed it all on Juve being a 7th place team with no CL, when Aguero chose $#@!ty over us. We mentioned names like Pastore, Higuain among others, and ended up with Vucinic. This year, in almost similar fashion, we harp about how crazy we are about Cavani, Higuain and RvP. We talk about $#@!ing LCDs in a house, and for the second year running lose out on the supposed #1 target. All this, as champions of Italy, with CL football and a kick ass stadium. But no, this year we blame it on the scommesopoli or whateverthe$#@! it is. So is this really it?! I will reserve judgment on this issue till the 31st of August, but in my view, anything short of Armero, Dzeko and maybe if required a Bocchetti, will be a failed mercato for the champions of Italy. At least that's the way I see it.
eded
Failed seems a bit harsh no? We brought in class players at positions we needed, as well as got younger. We're missing a top class striker, but hopefully we'll sign one, but even without it wasn't a failed mercato IMO, just look at how our competitors are doing, only Roma have improved. It's a different market now, and considering how much Juve has spent this summer, it wouldn't be so terrible if they stopped spending now. Though I still believe a top class striker will come, and I also hope Armero gets signed.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
We havent a fuckking clue in luring a "top player" marotta is all mouth and couldn't organise a Piss up in a brewery. You fuckking pirate.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Do you really believe all that? trips to London and a player preferred us over another team for a certain reason?

All these names that you mentioned are just imaginations, Marotta never even considers any of them, seriously now I think you already know better.
Something is wrong somewhere.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
eded
Failed seems a bit harsh no? We brought in class players at positions we needed, as well as got younger. We're missing a top class striker, but hopefully we'll sign one, but even without it wasn't a failed mercato IMO, just look at how our competitors are doing, only Roma have improved. It's a different market now, and considering how much Juve has spent this summer, it wouldn't be so terrible if they stopped spending now. Though I still believe a top class striker will come, and I also hope Armero gets signed.
So all the money we spent now would be justified if it all came to an end with say, a Pazzini? I would tend to disagree. And I would think that to be a failure. I'm not questioning if Conte asked for those players or not. I'm questioning how we are going about addressing our priorities. The LB/LwB and CF were the top two things on the list, and for the second year running, the man running our market is running out of options. But like I said, I'll reserve judgment till august 31st.

---------- Post added 09.08.2012 at 03:51 ----------

Start looking in Bianconero_Aus' avatar.
Not yet. Gep's is where its at. :D

JoePanini

Apr 29, 2012
So all the money we spent now would be justified if it all came to an end with say, a Pazzini? I would tend to disagree. And I would think that to be a failure. I'm not questioning if Conte asked for those players or not. I'm questioning how we are going about addressing our priorities. The LB/LwB and CF were the top two things on the list, and for the second year running, the man running our market is running out of options. But like I said, I'll reserve judgment till august 31st.

I understand, but we've gotten quality players and I also do believe we'll bring in someone. Players like Jovetic, Damiao and RVP were all very close to joining us with their team in the way of the transfer. But yes, August 31st, and I hope we bring in a class striker.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
We havent a fuckking clue in luring a "top player" marotta is all mouth and couldn't organise a Piss up in a brewery. You fuckking pirate.
If you left it to Beppe to organise a fishing trip, he'd supply you with a great boat, plenty of food and drinks, but would ultimately fail in negotiating the loaning of the fishing rods. Sure you'd have a decent time but you'd catch none of the big fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 141)