Robin Van Persie - Forward - Arsenal (42 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
But what does that exactly mean? Genoa have more league titles than City, as does Liverpool and a bunch of other teams, yet you dont see people considering them to be in the world's top teams just because of their history.

What exactly is the history good for? City is here now as one of the worlds top teams that is fully equal to the big boys, history or no history, it is irrelevant.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Socrates

Apr 2, 2012
City is here now as one of the worlds top teams that is fully equal to the big boys, history or no history, it is irrelevant.
Competition wise they are equal. They can compete with the big boys. However they can't compare their accomplishments over the last 100 years to clubs like Madrid or Juve or Man U etc. These clubs have won more. That's one thing that these clubs have that City can't immediately buy. It will take many more years of winning for them to reach the same level of prestige as these other clubs. That's where the no history bit comes in. It doesn't mean the club can't win now or ever. It doesn't mean only established clubs can win. It's just a fact though that City has no winning history when compared to these other clubs. Not sure what's so confusing about this.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
But what does that exactly mean? Genoa have more league titles than City, as does Liverpool and a bunch of other teams, yet you dont see people considering them to be in the world's top teams just because of their history.

What exactly is the history good for? City is here now as one of the worlds top teams that is fully equal to the big boys, history or no history, it is irrelevant.
Liverpool is still considered as a "big" club though. Kind of, at least.

Anyway, I hope City are willing to spend 70 odd million on RVP. Would suit him, City & us just fine :D

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
FIFA Agent, Parisi: "I do not know if Dzeko is the right player for Juventus. I think there is a contract signed by Van Persie and the time between Juventus, ended the contract in the drawer of a notary. Mine is a challenge, but I think there are possibilities of 8 10 that the Dutch will become black/white. Juventus wants to win and Van Persie is considered the ideal element to it. "

:tuttosport:

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
'Juve have signed RVP contract'
By Football Italia staff

In a shock interview, FIFA agent Fabio Parisi claims “Juventus have had a signed contract with Robin Van Persie for some time locked in a desk.”

The Arsenal star has stated he won’t renew his deal with the Gunners, which expires next summer, so he has been at the centre of a bidding war between Juve, Manchester United and Manchester City.

“I think Juventus have had a signed contract with Van Persie for some time locked away in a notary’s desk,” FIFA agent Parisi told Sportitalia television.

“It is just my opinion, but I think there’s an eight out of 10 chance the Dutchman will join the Bianconeri.

“Juventus want to win and he is considered the ideal addition to achieve that. I don’t think Edin Dzeko is the right player for the Bianconeri.”

There have been reports that Juve are cooling their interest in RVP, as if he joins Manchester City then that will free up Dzeko for a Turin switch.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Competition wise they are equal. They can compete with the big boys. However they can't compare their accomplishments over the last 100 years to clubs like Madrid or Juve or Man U etc. These clubs have won more. That's one thing that these clubs have that City can't immediately buy. It will take many more years of winning for them to reach the same level of prestige as these other clubs. That's where the no history bit comes in. It doesn't mean the club can't win now or ever. It doesn't mean only established clubs can win. It's just a fact though that City has no winning history when compared to these other clubs. Not sure what's so confusing about this.

That is all true, but not really important, is it. They are in the top 10 prestigious clubs in Europe now, if you look at player's willingness to join them, regarldless of their history. History is all good and nice for us fans to be pround of, but essentially it doesnt mean much in practice.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
This could be true if we believe what Agnelli said in an interview not too long ago, the top player has agreed to join us/or we are close to signing him. He said something like this not very long ago. I dunno if anybody else read this.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
The worst of the lot is Bronzetti. Dunno how he's one of the 'most respected fifa agents'. Must've gotten a lot of things right before 2008, coz for 4 years now he has been making a hit up in a way only Carrobio could.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
It's not silly. It's reality. City does not have a history of winning like Man U or Milan or Juve etc., this is a fact. And if it was so irrelevant you wouldn't have so many people talking about it and constantly bringing it up and getting defensive about it. And history...certainly isn't irrelevant.
It's brought up by people who don't like City. As you mentioned before, Liverpool has a lot of history but they're not even half as good as City right now.

Ok, and this is relevant how? It doesn't make them better or worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 41)