Robin Van Persie - Forward - Arsenal (152 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TARU

Apr 24, 2012
people really want destro ahead of rvp? :shifty: :|
wonders me too. Destro may be a very good potential signing but our need is still an experienced+skillful striker to challenge for the CL too. As for injuries concern, last I checked he's been playing every single matches past 7 to 8 monthsand the Dutch team elimination.. they were alrdy fucked internally, can't put everything on RVP.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
It's not about fantasizing. It's about RVP being 10 times the player Destro is. I don't know if he will come here, but wanting Destro instead is crazy talk.

I know Messi won't come here. I would want him instead of Pepe though :shifty:.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
That's about 9 mil. I don't see us paying that kind of money for him and breaking the financial hierarchy that Marotta has worked for so hard.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
IF you want the best players, you must pay, what's the Incentive for him to come play for us then, and please don't tell me it's Juve, we have History and that BS, players don't care, they care for $, and we'll already get him if we manage too at a huge discount because it's his last contract year, so giving a huge Salary isn't that big of deal if we have a chance at getting the World best striker.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
That's about 9 mil. I don't see us paying that kind of money for him and breaking the financial hierarchy that Marotta has worked for so hard.
£180k pw (a figure from the DailyMail I guess?) is close to €11.8m pa which is approximately €6.7m p.a after tax (43% tax in Italy), a bit more than Buffon's. If Marotta is serious about getting a top striker then I can't imagine him not planning to spend quite a bit on wages, especially when any other top striker would cost about atleast €10m more.

By the way how much do people think Dzeko would cost bearing in mind that he cost Man City approximately €34m and earns €8.1m pa which is about €4.3m pa after tax (assuming £125k pw is the correct figure). I rather see Arsenal lose their talisman and Man City be overloaded with strikers because at the end of the day, only 11 can play.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Destro is our most realistic target..
You guys are really underrating Juve's financial potential, even though I like the club's current direction into having more faith in the youngsters (hopefully). But we look more and more like a Roma or Lazio than JUVE with our signings and targets lately !

What will a player like Destro add to our current team that players like Matri & Quag can't add ?

He has potential, every year there are 3-4 new young players emerge in serie A and the Media in Italy go ape crazy about them and next year or 2 they're forgotten !

That's been happening for the last 20 years pretty much every year, we already have many decent + solid players in the team what we really need right now is a huge jump in quality. If we can't do it this summer then I rather we keep our current attackers and spend big next summer.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Well yeah jukazem, that is if you assume the 180k is in pounds and pre tax, which isn't necessarily so. 6,7 would be realistic. 9 is never ever going to happen, we all know that. It just depends on the number RVP wants and the one he is offered by other teams. And my guess would be the latter screwing us...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 152)