Robin Gosens - LB/LWB - Atalanta (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Didn't look like something special tonight .
Keeping AS would be a safer bet .
As a backup, keeping Pellegrini is better financial wise.

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk
Not fair to base it off one game. He’s been the best LB (LWB) in the league this season by a mile. But of course, there is always question marks on players coming from Atalanta. They tend to look better in a system and better than the sum of their parts.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Stupid rumour. He was mediocre last night, but despite that, it's still a very stupid rumour.

We have to replace many players. LB is the last thing we should be looking at. We should simply keep Sandro and focus on other positions. With a better mid we'd instantly get better performances by Sandro.

I also agree with Kopanja. We should avoid Atalanta players this summer as there's a legit chance it was a one season fluke, plus, chances are also high that majority of their best players simply work at Atalanta and in their system with Gasp.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Looks great for super-attacking team all season and on YouTube videos - yes, yes, yes, sign him now!

Has one mediocre game - rubbish, avoid completely

It's obvious that you can't play the same at Juventus as you can for what is a provincial team in the best moment of their entire history, but it's also the same for Kulusevski from Parma, and it'd be the same for anyone we would sign up to clubs like Roma and Lazio, where there is nothing like the sort of pressure to win.

I'm not sure how much of a defender Gosens really is, but it depends how Pirlo wants to play. Unless we are going to sign established top class players in every position, which we clearly are not going to do as we can't afford it, then you start looking at the 'best of the rest' players in the league or overseas. It's just that overseas players will generally take more time to adjust.

I also don't agree that left back is the last position to be looking at - we have one consistently fit left back, and Alex Sandro was badly burned out for our run-in. It would appear to make more sense to keep Pellegrini instead, but perhaps the club don't think he is ready or want to use him in a swap.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Looks great for super-attacking team all season and on YouTube videos - yes, yes, yes, sign him now!

Has one mediocre game - rubbish, avoid completely

It's obvious that you can't play the same at Juventus as you can for what is a provincial team in the best moment of their entire history, but it's also the same for Kulusevski from Parma, and it'd be the same for anyone we would sign up to clubs like Roma and Lazio, where there is nothing like the sort of pressure to win.

I'm not sure how much of a defender Gosens really is, but it depends how Pirlo wants to play. Unless we are going to sign established top class players in every position, which we clearly are not going to do as we can't afford it, then you start looking at the 'best of the rest' players in the league or overseas. It's just that overseas players will generally take more time to adjust.

I also don't agree that left back is the last position to be looking at - we have one consistently fit left back, and Alex Sandro was badly burned out for our run-in. It would appear to make more sense to keep Pellegrini instead, but perhaps the club don't think he is ready or want to use him in a swap.
not only that but it’s probably easier to use our own players in swap deals when shopping locally which obviously helps with lowering the price

the knee jerk reactions over “a” game is nothing new here. Like you said we aren’t able to buy the best in every position so you need to start looking for players that have consistently been able to punch above their weight over the course of a season, not after 2-3 matches but overall. I think that’s why we see names like Gosens, Locatelli, and De Paul.

Maybe not a lightning bolt like Kulusevski but talented players at a reasonable fee

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
not only that but it’s probably easier to use our own players in swap deals when shopping locally which obviously helps with lowering the price

the knee jerk reactions over “a” game is nothing new here. Like you said we aren’t able to buy the best in every position so you need to start looking for players that have consistently been able to punch above their weight over the course of a season, not after 2-3 matches but overall. I think that’s why we see names like Gosens, Locatelli, and De Paul.

Maybe not a lightning bolt like Kulusevski but talented players at a reasonable fee
It's not a knee jerk and has nothing to do with only one game, at least not for me and I assume it's the same with many others who are sceptical of him. He just doesn't look all that special imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Not even judging Gosens based on one match but it'd be stupid to sell Sandro and sign this guy. And it's even more stupid to focus on a LB position to "fix".
Yep.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
It's not a knee jerk and has nothing to do with only one game, at least not for me and I assume it's the same with many others who are sceptical of him. He just doesn't look all that special imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep.

In this economy, even under the notion of player exchanges (Although quite honestly, if Atalanta want Perin bad enough, just sell him) , we would be getting a 26 year old guy whose ceiling may have already been reached, or close to being reached for 35 million.

To me, it would be better to take the money from the Perin sale (Let's assume 15 million), add ANOTHER 15 million and try to get Reguilon, who despite 3 years younger, is miles ahead of him as a LB.

Younger, cheaper, better contract (Not having played at all in Italy), and a player who can make you better now and in the future.

I just see this, and De Paul, as incremental improvements, with no concern for the long game.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

- - - Updated - - -

Yep.
Fair enough sir.

we still need another LB (one that is healthy) for whoever our starting LB will be (whether this guy or AS)

- - - Updated - - -

In this economy, even under the notion of player exchanges (Although quite honestly, if Atalanta want Perin bad enough, just sell him) , we would be getting a 26 year old guy whose ceiling may have already been reached, or close to being reached for 35 million.

To me, it would be better to take the money from the Perin sale (Let's assume 15 million), add ANOTHER 15 million and try to get Reguilon, who despite 3 years younger, is miles ahead of him as a LB.

Younger, cheaper, better contract (Not having played at all in Italy), and a player who can make you better now and in the future.

I just see this, and De Paul, as incremental improvements, with no concern for the long game.
do we know what reguilon is priced? Seems like it would be an expensive endeavor but I agree on the age part, younger is indeed better if we can manage that philosophy on all market moves this summer but it might not be possible

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Fair enough sir.

we still need another LB (one that is healthy) for whoever our starting LB will be (whether this guy or AS)

- - - Updated - - -

do we know what reguilon is priced? Seems like it would be an expensive endeavor but I agree on the age part, younger is indeed better if we can manage that philosophy on all market moves this summer but it might not be possible

From what I understand, Madrid wanted 20-25 million from Napoli for him.

Why this club is not even considering this is fucking tragic. Absolutely tragic @Badass Dybala

https://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/napoli-real-madrid-set-20-25-million-asking-price-for-reguilon

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
what the hell :lol:

we always Whiff hard on these sort of deals

And before anyone asks.

Yes, I have seen him play around 8 or 9 matches this year. When you work from home the way I do, you get to watch a LOT of football while you work.

When he has space, he is lethal. Still has some work to do defensively, but he puts in the effort, which explains his proficiency for fouling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)