Roberto Bettega (2 Viewers)

Mar 28, 2007
Bettega promises Juve comeback

Monday 28 December, 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roberto Bettega has promised that the real Juventus will emerge again after a rough few months under Ciro Ferrara.

Speaking at his official unveiling, Bettega spoke of his joy at returning to the club two years after the current board decided against renewing his contract.

Bettega is a legend in Turin, having made 326 appearances for Juventus over 13 years and worked as a director from 1994 until 2007.

“It's a very important role, but I could not consider it too important with respect to my 35 years with Juve,” Bettega announced.

“I never wanted to be the centre of attention, but Juve has always been in front of me and it will be the same now because if I do well for Juve, I do well for me and for everyone.

“I have always believed in team play. I am convinced that we will manage to do it and make good progress. My conviction is that this is not the real Juve; that of two or three months ago is instead.
“There is a lot of work to do to understand how we can return to being that Juve,” Bettega concluded.

Football Italia

at least he knows.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Do you know how much did they pay Juve for this useless match?
I once read on montadayat Kooora that the Sheik resposible of this club paid around 5m for this game and that Juve had a share of the rights that are to be sold, but since ART broke down, then i can't see us get paid more than the 5m.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
I once read on montadayat Kooora that the Sheik resposible of this club paid around 5m for this game and that Juve had a share of the rights that are to be sold, but since ART broke down, then i can't see us get paid more than the 5m.
5m Saudi Ryals, I assume?

If it's 5m Euros, then I must say, I love mansour "bo karsh".

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Full interview from the official website.
---------------------------------------------
Welcome back, Bettega!

After last Wednesday nomination, first press conference of the new vice general manager Roberto Bettega. This is how the fourth chapter in Bobby Gol’s Juventus history starts: first, as a boy in Youth Area, after famous champion to contribute to the many successes of the ’70s and the ’80s, then manager from 1994 and 1997 in an equally winning Juve. Now a new chapter of a history that belongs to everyone, he first, hopes equally rewarding.

Satisfactions to be obtained with facts and not with words («I prefer acting that talking»). As it always happened during Bettega’s very long career, in his public presentation he spoke about all current items.

Juve always first. «A very important job and of great responsibility waits for me. In my history, that has always been juventina, I’ve always tried not to be under the spotlight. Juve has always been the first thing and this time it won’t be different».

Juve is the dream. «I’ve always interpreted Juve as the coming thru of some of my dreams. When in 2007 I went away, I could have put myself on the market. But for me soccer is Juve, I do not know alternatives. It’s the fourth time that I start an adventure at Juventus, but my relationship never stopped. It’s an important moment and I’m so happy they thought about me. I’ll give what I can and I hope this will be enough to achieve our targets».

Teamwork. «I’ve always believed in teamwork and soccer is this. This is the recipe to improve and do well. The one we saw on the pitch during the last matches was not the real Juve, we have to serenely bring it back to the one of two months ago. We’ll do it in needed times, knowing that nobody has the magic wand and that we’ll need everybody’s help. The most immediate thing to do is to go into problems, as fast as possible, in order to restart the run of this team».

Look to the future. «I do not reject anything of what has been done during my previous experience. Today I saw again many boys who were already here and who won those Scudetti on the pitch. Anyway, now I look only at the future and not at the past.

A support for Ferrara. «It will be important make the team perceive that we have a common target. Ferrara knows he will have further help and support. What did I say to him? The most important thing was our embrace, without words».

Del Piero is a further resource. «It would be disrespectful toward Del Piero to talk of him as a problem. For what he gave, for what he is giving and for what he will be giving to Juventus».

Bettega and the Agnelli. «I appreciated a lot the visit of John Elkann and Andrea Agnelli, that proved the Family’s love, also after the Avvocato and the Dottore died. Nobody is eternal, but the brand goes on. We miss the Agnelli, but I also miss Avvocato Chiusano so much. It’s such a pleasure having had the chance to work with them and the feeling with heirs won’t change».

Feeling with supporters. «It will be important to find again our supporters’ love, they are a part of the team and they must give their contribution helping the guys during the match».

http://www.juventus.com/site/eng/NEWS_newsseriea_1FA80206E506428FA75A5106AE504613.asp
-----------------------------------------------------------------

The first bolded part is why I wanted him here as he brings passion and understanding of juve and football.

The second is the main thing Ciro and everyone else should be trying to get the team to believe again and focus on whats at hand.

Apr 17, 2009
Bettega reaches Hiddink deal?

Reports in Holland suggest Guus Hiddink has reached an agreement with Juventus's new technical director Roberto Bettega to replace Ciro Ferrara.

The Bianconeri are on a terrible run of form, having lost five of their last six games in all competitions, the most costly coming at home to Bayern Munich who knocked the Turin giants out of the Champions League group stages.

Juventus President Jean-Claude Blanc has publicly supported Ferrara, insisting he will be on the bench at the Olimpico until the end of the season, but rumours persist that a replacement is being sought.

Earlier this month, Hiddink's agent told the Daily Telegraph that Juventus had approached his client with a view to taking over from Ferrara. He also revealed that Hiddink had rejected the offer.

Next came Luiz Felipe Scolari, the World Cup winning former Brazil manager, who also reportedly turned Juventus down and chose to remain in Uzbekistan with Bunyodkor.

However, according to Il Corriere dello Sport, Hiddink remains Juventus's No 1 target and Bettega, who was only formally unveiled yesterday, has actually been working on hiring the Dutchman over the last month.

A lot was made of the fact Bettega didn't confirm Ferrara's position during yesterday's Press Conference and some pundits now feel the latter won't be in on the bench when Juventus play Parma on January 6.

Hiddink's arrival would put the entire Juventus project in discussion as it was widely expected that Italy boss Marcello Lippi would return to the club after next summer's World Cup to perform the role of technical director, like Bettega, who would keep an eye of Ferrara.

http://www.football-italia.net/dec29i.html
------------------------------------------------

Now that is a rumor I don't mind hearing!

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
Bettega reaches Hiddink deal?

Reports in Holland suggest Guus Hiddink has reached an agreement with Juventus's new technical director Roberto Bettega to replace Ciro Ferrara.

The Bianconeri are on a terrible run of form, having lost five of their last six games in all competitions, the most costly coming at home to Bayern Munich who knocked the Turin giants out of the Champions League group stages.

Juventus President Jean-Claude Blanc has publicly supported Ferrara, insisting he will be on the bench at the Olimpico until the end of the season, but rumours persist that a replacement is being sought.

Earlier this month, Hiddink's agent told the Daily Telegraph that Juventus had approached his client with a view to taking over from Ferrara. He also revealed that Hiddink had rejected the offer.

Next came Luiz Felipe Scolari, the World Cup winning former Brazil manager, who also reportedly turned Juventus down and chose to remain in Uzbekistan with Bunyodkor.

However, according to Il Corriere dello Sport, Hiddink remains Juventus's No 1 target and Bettega, who was only formally unveiled yesterday, has actually been working on hiring the Dutchman over the last month.

A lot was made of the fact Bettega didn't confirm Ferrara's position during yesterday's Press Conference and some pundits now feel the latter won't be in on the bench when Juventus play Parma on January 6.

Hiddink's arrival would put the entire Juventus project in discussion as it was widely expected that Italy boss Marcello Lippi would return to the club after next summer's World Cup to perform the role of technical director, like Bettega, who would keep an eye of Ferrara.

http://www.football-italia.net/dec29i.html
------------------------------------------------

Now that is a rumor I don't mind hearing!
it is still just that...a rumour!!! & this is why we have a hiddink thread

Naggar

Bianconero
Sep 4, 2007
It looks 90% real, Hiddink negotiating with Bettaga, and Ferrara has to make a huge change with Parma and Milan or else he'll go

makes sense

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
No it doesn't,if they really wanted to replace Ciro,it should have been done after the last loss.Also the december period would have been ideal for the players & coach to get used to each other.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)