Roberto Baggio (9 Viewers)

nina

Feb 18, 2001
RAI is going to show a documentary/film about Baggio on 29th December if anyone is interested. Although I don't know which RAI and if the Rai Satelite will show it for all the people who cannot reach Uno or Due.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
Don't know yet, but probably around 20.40 if you ask me :) You are from Italy right? So just check on teletext when 29th December comes.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
I will be in holyday abroad, but i will manage to make somebody register it. The documentary is 4 "sfide" (challanges) they do amazing documentarys, they already did one on Roby and it was grate! Usally it is on rai 2, but I'm not sure...

I remember there was a sunt of the other documentary on line... If I will find it again I will post it here, it was in TV before the WC.

P.S.: I think roby is not from Italy, is him?

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Here it is Roby's interwiew after "Brescia-Juve" (was so long that he refused to do any interview):

http://www.raisport.rai.it/pub/static/16800/091202calcioBaggio_1.ram

4 who do not understand Italian I will make a translation:

Journalist: an other grate day, maybe 4 Roberto Baggio to win with Juve have a particolar taste?

Roby: No, 4 us it was very important to win and we got the 3 points, better than this we couldn't do, also because we were playing with a very good team.

J: Marcello Lippi and Roberto Baggio today did speak about somenthing?

R: No, no, no...

J: You spoke in the field...

R: But, no.... I don't care about all those things, the important thing is that today my team won, that's what I care more.

J: You didn't sing in the CD (Brescia players made a CD but he didn't join them) cause you are too bad at it? Is it true?

R: Yes, last time i singed I killed 3 persons, so I gave up 4 my respect 4 peaple...

J: Is your next goal EURO 2004?

R: No, no , no...

J: Why not?

R: Cause I know it will be unuseful... By

J: Thanks

P.S.: the quality of the video is a bit bad, but it's always nice to hear Roby voice... In the last a period he "speaks" just trought his website... last time I heared his voice was at the Football oscars... :down:

Darin

Sep 8, 2002
++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++
Don't know yet, but probably around 20.40 if you ask me :) You are from Italy right? So just check on teletext when 29th December comes.
nope nina am not frm italy

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Tomorrow Brescia will play vs Perugia.
As you probably know in Perugia plays Fabrizio Miccoli, a very talented young guy owned by Juve.
Fabrizio will met 4 the first time Baggio who is his idol, he sayd: "I am so happy to met Roby, I feel a strong emotion in me. Every match is full of feeling 4 me, but this is it, without doubts, in a particolar way".

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Today vs Perugia, Roby Baggio scored his career goal number 300!!! :extatic:
He made 187 goals in serie A, 13 in serie C, 27 in the NT, and 73 in between CL, Uefa cup and Italian cup.
He's the first after war player who reach this number! :thumb:
Over all just Meazza and Piola scored more than him in Italian soccer history...
Today is his dad birthday so he dedicated the goal to him, running in to a videocamera and screaming "dad, I love you!":touched:

Btw Brescia won 3-1 with 2 goals by Tare (the second from a Roby free kick) and a penalty scored by Roby (who played an other very positive game). Perugia goal was scored by Fabrizio Miccoli. He's the schortest player of serie A (just 1,68 meters) but he scored with his head :D and he also did a positive game.

Here you are Roby's interview after the match:

http://www.raisport.rai.it/pub/static/17400/151202Stadio2SprintBresciaBaggio_1.ram

jamaliano

Dec 7, 2002
DIVINE PONYTAIL PIPS PERUGIA
By PA Sport Staff

A late penalty by Roberto Baggio put the finishing touches on Brescia's victory over Perugia.

Baggio scored from the spot two minutes from time to add to two goals by Igli Tare in the first half.

Fabrizio Miccoli pulled Perugia back into the game with a goal in the 64th minute but any hopes they had of snatching a point were destroyed by the Divine Ponytail's late strike.

Brescia deserved their win but took 24 minutes to get their first goal.

Jonathan Bachini crossed from the left and Tare headed home to put his side ahead.

Ghanaian midfielder Stephen Appiah then sent a free-kick just wide 12 minutes later and Brescia were well on top.

Baggio`s dead-ball skills then came to the fore with five minutes to go before the break.

The former World Player of the Year sent a free-kick into the penalty area and the forehead of Tare again punished Perugia to make it 2-0.

But Perugia did not lie down and die.

They grabbed the first real chance of the second half - their first of the whole match - when Fabio Grosso crossed from the left and Miccoli managed to squeeze in a header at the far post to make it 2-1.

Within 11 minutes Brescia had a chance of their own, Markus Schopp controlling on his chest and firing just over with a left-footed shot on the turn.

Perugia then came within inches of equalising when Miccoli crossed from the right and Andrea Caracciolo headed against the outside of the right-hand post.

But the final word was to be Baggio's.

Tare attracted a clear foul from Marco Di Loreto and Baggio stroked home the penalty.

jamaliano

Dec 7, 2002
Baggio joins Real Madrid centenary celebrations
By Dominic Raynor

Italian legend Roberto Baggio is the latest star to be named in a FIFA XI to play Real Madrid as part of the Spanish giant's centenary celebrations on Wednesday.
This year's World and European club champions will face a side that includes Italian internationals Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini, Alessandro Del Piero and World Cup finalists Rivaldo and Michael Ballack.

Baggio, dubbed the divine ponytail, is a late replacement for Inter Milan's injured striker Christian Vieri and will take his place in World Cup winning coach Luiz Felipe Scolari's FIFA World Selection side.

The allstars will have no representatives from England or France and will have a distinct Italian flavour with ex-Italy and Milan boss Arrigo Sacchi co-managing the side and Italian referee Pierluigi Collina officiating.

Around 75,000 fans are expected at the Santiago Bernabeu stadium to watch Real heroes such as Luis Figo, Zinedine Zidane, Roberto Carlos, Raul and Ronaldo don the white of Madrid and take on the star-studded visitors.

The Spanish club had originally believed that FIFA would clear the calendar completely to ensure that the whole of football was focused on the Bernabeu for their 100 year celebration.

In the end that proved impossible but the game remains the climax of four days of FIFA meetings in Madrid and comes the day after Tuesday's annual gala awards ceremony, where Real are already certain of receiving one award - a special trophy to mark the club's first 100 years.

They also have a strong chance of landing the main prize, with Brazilian World Cup winner Ronaldo and French midfielder Zidane vying for the Player of the Year award with Bayern Munich's German goalkeeper Oliver Kahn.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)