Roberto Baggio (12 Viewers)

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++
Baggio might play again? :extatic: Olé olé olé! Which clubs are in the game? I'm kind of out-dated when it comes to calcio at the moment :embarass:

P.s. Great to see you posting again Mate :)
Brescia, Fiorentina, Bologna and Lazio are on Baggio but there are not real news about him. Just those interview of one month ago that some newspapers said was real but others wrote that was fake cause this day Roby was not in this place... all the rest are words of Della Valle, Mondonico, Mazzone, Gazzoni, De Biasi, Corioni and Lotito (Lazio new president) and thay all say the same, that they wuold like to convince Roby to come back playing for tham but they don't know if it will be possible.
Maybe Roby never changed his mind or maybe he is undecide but one thing is sure... 4 the moment he didn't give an answer to none of those clubs and probably he didn't even talk to them yet cause he is in holyday.

P.S.: Nice to see you too, Nina :)

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by P.E.T.O ] ++

tribalfootball :sigh: :wallbang:
Never heard about this site... anycase the new was also in all Italian newspapers. But all that is known is that Lotito wuold like to sign Baggio, he surely didn't met to his agent yet. Even Mazzone, who is Baggio's friend said that in this period was impossible 4 him to speak with him or anybody of his staff, so I guess nobody did it. Baggio is probably still undecide so he didn't give an answer to any of the clubs interested about him... Or who knows, maybe he didn't even thought about going on to play.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by mate ] ++

Brescia, Fiorentina, Bologna and Lazio are on Baggio but there are not real news about him. Just those interview of one month ago that some newspapers said was real but others wrote that was fake cause this day Roby was not in this place... all the rest are words of Della Valle, Mondonico, Mazzone, Gazzoni, De Biasi, Corioni and Lotito (Lazio new president) and thay all say the same, that they wuold like to convince Roby to come back playing for tham but they don't know if it will be possible.
Maybe Roby never changed his mind or maybe he is undecide but one thing is sure... 4 the moment he didn't give an answer to none of those clubs and probably he didn't even talk to them yet cause he is in holyday.

P.S.: Nice to see you too, Nina :)
Baggio shouldn't play anymore. Players that are given such nice tributes when they retire should actually retire. If you're given a farewell-game, you should quit. What does Baggio have to offer at this moment? The only thing I can see happening is that Baggio would pick up yet another injury and so I think it's better for everyone including Roberto Baggio that he quits.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++

Baggio shouldn't play anymore. Players that are given such nice tributes when they retire should actually retire. If you're given a farewell-game, you should quit. What does Baggio have to offer at this moment? The only thing I can see happening is that Baggio would pick up yet another injury and so I think it's better for everyone including Roberto Baggio that he quits.
This is how I feel too...........................

nina

Feb 18, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++
If I'm not mistaken, he only had one farewell game and that was with the italian NT. A player of his calibre deserves a big big big goodbye match, something Baggio didn't have yet, so we are still allowed to dream and discuss whether he will play or not.
Not you nor me know at the moment of what Baggio is capable, but if he's not injured or something I can imagine what he can still give to the team ... something only a handfull of players can (and did in the history).

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++
If I'm not mistaken, he only had one farewell game and that was with the italian NT. A player of his calibre deserves a big big big goodbye match, something Baggio didn't have yet, so we are still allowed to dream and discuss whether he will play or not.
Not you nor me know at the moment of what Baggio is capable, but if he's not injured or something I can imagine what he can still give to the team ... something only a handfull of players can (and did in the history).
I know what you're saying, Baggio isn't just some normal player, but isn't the whole point of a farewell game to close a player's career with dignity. It's like when you leave a party and you make a grand exit, then come back for your keys. The next time you exit the door, people hardly even say goodbye. Maybe that's a bad example, but I think he should retire, and if they have a special testimonial match afterwards, it'll be perfectly fine for him to play.

On the other hand, if he keeps playing in Serie A for Brescia or Bologna or whoever, I think that'd be a bit too Michael Jordan for people's liking

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

I know what you're saying, Baggio isn't just some normal player, but isn't the whole point of a farewell game to close a player's career with dignity. It's like when you leave a party and you make a grand exit, then come back for your keys. The next time you exit the door, people hardly even say goodbye. Maybe that's a bad example, but I think he should retire, and if they have a special testimonial match afterwards, it'll be perfectly fine for him to play.

On the other hand, if he keeps playing in Serie A for Brescia or Bologna or whoever, I think that'd be a bit too Michael Jordan for people's liking

i dont know what this people think

coyote

Mar 21, 2004
I agree with Nina we dont know what Baggio is capable of doing and we should all just see how Roby feels. Yes they gave him a farewell, but suppossible for the NT, and his last game with Brescia after his contract experied, and again like nina said we dont know what Baggios is capable of doing he is an amazing player in which there arn't many players just maybe a handfull in the whole history or maybe less. If Baggio does return to action why not let him play the game he so much loves, and how can he be the Michale Jordan of socce coming back and not being the same, well this isnt Basketball this is Soccer, Calcio, and it inst like ur going for a slam dunk or anything , but insted ur there providing passes and releving the pressure of young players. To me i think its a great way for other palyers to study Baggios ability. Taking a penalty nothing special about that the only difficult thing about it is having teh courage to take them. Free kicks woaw who or what player in teh league can we say will gurantee they will make the free kicks all teh time, no one they may come close an maybe even make them sometimes, dont see anything special about that theball being in he dead spot ten u take aim and thats it. Speed who need a lot of speed when u can manuver so many skills to avoid defenders and creat chances to other players, and finally if someone is near teh penalty area and does a good cross or soem kind of deflection causing the goalkeepr off balance and having an easy tap to scoor a goal dont need speed just perfect timing in which young payers may not have it i find young players lost in their possition in whihc they cant finish a play. Basketball u have to scoor many points to be recong with soccer all u need a goal here and there to be reconize.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I don't get what is so bad about players wanting to play as long as they possibly can. They started doing this as kids, most probably they quite enjoy it so why shouldn't they? The whole thing about quitting while you're ahead is such a PR stunt, I mean it's nice for an athlete to be remembered as a world beater right up to his retirement but it's not like Van Basten was a superstar at 15, everyone starts at the bottom. So why can't we consider the career of a player to peak at ~25-30 and then just fade out just as it started? :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)