Roberto Baggio (14 Viewers)

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++
Where's Mate with the latest up-dates? :undecide:
Hi :)
No updates on Roby... last was something like one month ago when he said he will not go to the Olimpics anycase but maybe will join Brescia to do some friendlys in Japan. Don't know wheare he is but surely he will be as far as he can from the medias now...
BTW I am almost sure that he will not change his mind and he will really stop playing... of course is sad but I think that he could not end his carear in a better way, still shyining and playing grate and with everybody praying him to go on.
Well... I will keep in my mind the magic night of Genova, his last match with the azzurri jersey... than Brescia-Lazio his last match at Rigamonti when he did this amazing goal and assist and Milan-Brescia, his last match with all the "scala of calcio" standing to clap him when he went out.
One thing is sure... no sportman in Italy was loved like Roby, as FIGC president Carraro said "he is not just a grate champion but also a social-phenomeno who will need studies to be understood".
Roby Baggio will be the simble of Italian soccer 4 ever :touched:

P.S.: And now a big thanks to Trap 4 not calling Roby to the EURO! I know he deserved to be there and I also know that all Italian fowards excluding Cassano sucked but while I was sure that in WC 2002 Baggio could make the difference and save Italy I am sure he could not this time cause there was so mutch jelousy and wars beetwin players and in those cases nobody can do nothing... if Baggio was in Portugal it wuold be a very bad and to his fantastic carear while like this he ended in the best way :cool:

P.S.2: Have you noticed the Roby-Banners in Portugal?
1) Baggio non sputa (Baggio will not spilt)
2) Roby Baggio agli Europei Trapattoni al Circo Orfei (Baggio to the EURO, Trapattoni to the Orfei Circus)
:LOL: Funny to see like Roby is the onlyone who has always banners 4 him when the NT plays both in Italy and abroad even if is more than 4 years that the azzurri mafia excluded him...

In the picture Roby going out from San Siro :touched:

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Thank you :)

Don't know about Fiorentina... they are trying to convince him to play 4 them but IMO he won't reconsider his decision of quitting...
Anycase is just my personal feeling. Is long time that Roby is not speaking with the media so who knows? Everything may be...

coyote

Mar 21, 2004
Its great too have you back mate. I hope he does reconsider and play for Fiorentina, or one club just one more time, Just one more time. But will juts have to see what time has in store for us, just like mate said he hasnt talked to teh media so we will not know for sure what its in Baggios mind. I wonder if he is thinking about his retierement, or thinking what will happend if he does decided to come back for one more season or 2 for Fiorentina. I am just hart broken to know I wont see baggio play another game unless i watch reruns lol. =D

lazioluvr

May 11, 2004
I think all us Baggio fans are praying and waiting to hear somthing like he will end his serie a career where he started it. I think that would be so fitting. A bit of wishful thinking though. I doubt he will come back.

marky

Aug 4, 2003
Baggio with Fiorentina would be incredible. But I'm skeptical of this. But it surprises me that he hasn't said a thing to the media nor has he been around. I wish he would just give an interview to confirm his intentions one more time instead of just saying that this is the idea at this time. His agent said the same thing a couple of days ago. Maybe some hope that he could still change his mind.

Codino

The Rival
Jul 21, 2002
if he continues to play, i only want to see him in a brescia jersey. What was missing in his career, was being a symbol. Now He is a symbol of the Brescia club. 4 great years, and just under 50 goals for that club. Its time to say goodbye though, there was no better way to finish a career. If he had to retire again, it would not feel the same.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by RobyBaggio10 ] ++
Its time to say goodbye though, there was no better way to finish a career.
I am agree with you... Also if the idea of not seeing Roby magiclal touch again is sad I think that he closed his carear in the best way. He was 37 and fool and phisical problems but his retirement was the same as he was a player at his peack who quitted around his thirthies like Platini... He was grate till the end. And who knows if next year will be the same?
The best thing of Roby's carear is that he never struggled on field. He was always grate and never played bad, his "dark periods" weare just when he was injured or out of team cause of "fighthing" with coaches, but on field he was always shining, so nobody can have bad memories of him.
The way in which Roby retired was what I was always dreaming 4 him, is sad to see champions who go on playing even if their time is gone. Roby choosed the best moment, cause he said "good bye" with everybody prayng him not to do it. It must be too bad to be 4 example in Signori position... who annunced his retirament but nobody asked him nothing cause everybody already saw that it was time to do it.

Than of course if Roby will change his mind I will support him till the end and I also be happy cause without him I am afraid to loose my passion 4 soccer cause nobody else looks able to give the emotions he give, but I think that retiring now, after such a grate period, is the best decision 4 him.

He is leaving us with the the impression that he is still the best and he wuold be able to play till he want and that's why is so hard to accept it, but better like this than leaving with everybody thinking that he is finisched.

lazioluvr

May 11, 2004
hey guys

this was taken from goal.com today

Fiorentina coach Emiliano Mondonico has a dream that he shares with the rest of the Fiorentina fans, and that is to bring the Divine Ponytail back to where his glorious career began.
“I know Baggio, we are friends, and in Fiorentina I would make him play wherever he feels like,” said ‘Il Mondo’.

The decision now lies in Baggio’s hands as the former Azzurri superstar had in theory quit his playing career last May.

A decision on behalf of Baggio is expected by the end of the week.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
He went out on top....I agree with Mate- he still has the magic

Too many players stay around too long, even after their skills diminish, and you end up remembering them for their last few poor seasons, rather then at their best...............

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

Too many players stay around too long, even after their skills diminish, and you end up remembering them for their last few poor seasons, rather then at their best...............
I have to agree! He chose the right moment, and he should not come back!

coyote

Mar 21, 2004
Well no matter what i support Baggio on behalf of his decision, but there would be nothing more fufilling to me an other baggio fan to see his briliant skills on the field just one more season.
Even if baggio retieres right now as it is or he come back for one more season there are still people out there that will think he is finish since he didnt make it to WC 2002. BUT I DISAGREE if he does coem back he doesnt haev to prove anything to anyone because he has done it over the years and has showed it on the field. If he does decided to come back it should be because of fans and not to make another name for himself, because he has the ability there is no dening that. However, what u guys think about this BAggio coaching Italy 2010 or 2014. =D

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

Yep. I wuoold also like to see Roby playing again but the way he stopped was so perfect that I also wuold prefer that he will not reconsider his idea... I am too afraid to see him struggling, he was always grate never played bad and the way he ended was so grate, doing magics till the end, it will be too sad to see him in a situation like Batistuta or Signori and so many, even much younger players... beeing on field suffering cause they are not able anymore to do what they did...

Than of course is possible that Roby is able to do an other year or even 2 at hight level, when I think about Bresci-Lazio I say that he is too grate to stop but one thing is sure better to stop too soon that too late cause as Vinman said poor periods are impossible to delete, peaple will always remember the sad image of a champion struggling.

Anycase I am sure that he will take the right decision, he knows his body better than us so he is the only one who can know if he is better to stop or to go on.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by coyote ] ++
Even if baggio retieres right now as it is or he come back for one more season there are still people out there that will think he is finish since he didnt make it to WC 2002. BUT I DISAGREE if he does coem back he doesnt haev to prove anything to anyone because he has done it over the years and has showed it on the field. If he does decided to come back it should be because of fans and not to make another name for himself, because he has the ability there is no dening that.
Nobody think that Baggio is finisched since 2002... He did such grate things last 2 years... Roby arrived to put agree everybody, even the few who are not his fans can deny that he is one of the gratest cause they will embarace themself against the evidence.
He doesn't have anything to prouve, he is ceared from everybody even opponents fans, he reached the top. So why to go on? Well it will be cause he has fun playing and 4 his fans but unfortunately his knees hurts too mutch... he had 7 surgerys and lately he said that 4 him is so painful even to drive, so you can imagine that it can't be fun anymore...
We have to respect Roby decision... he was said he had to quit soccer when he was 17 and he played till 37, we cannot ask him more. I think no player ever give to his fans all the grate emotions Roby was able to give us :)

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Also Bologna's owner Giuseppe Gazzoni said he will do everything he can to convince Roby to go on playing and to join his team who btw is coached by Carlo Mazzone :)
http://www.tgcom.it/sport/articoli/articolo211301.shtml
Well... one thing is sure... if Roby will change his idea of retiring he will have a lot of options!
I still think that at the end he will really retire but I'm happy that there are still all this offers 4 him :cool: I am sure that he will apreciate anycase :)

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Today it was Mazzone turn to speak out and to say that Bologna's n10 jersey is there waiting 4 Roby... http://www.gazzetta.it/primi_piani/calcio/2004/pp_1.0.446081055.shtml

Every day there is somebody saying that he is hoping that Roby won't quit soccer and offering a place 4 him... Brescia, Fiornentina, Bologna and also abroad teams. And also medias are always thouching the same argoment, saying that without him, the last poet of calcio, it will be so boring and fans will lose a lot of passion 4 this sport.
Now I am very curios to know what Roby is thinking and if all this interest 4 him is tempting him to reconsider his decision... but unfortunately Roby totaly desapeard :confused: Wondering wheare he is... probably hided in his fazenda in the Argentinian pampa and not even reading newspapers :wallbang:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)