Roberto Baggio (10 Viewers)

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Over the past two days I've been watching clips of Baggio...and all I have to say is wow, what a player, I remember him playing, but I did not remember him being this good!!

Forza Roby!

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
The best.... :touched:

I was soo furious when Trap didn't take him to Japan-Korea!!!

One of the happiest days of my life was in the summer of 1990 when Juve purchased him. It was a dream come true for me.

- - - Updated - - -

115 goals in 200 matches in 5 seasons for Juve, including his last one when he was out injured for months with a knee injury.

As a support striker, no less.

Nov 17, 2012
One of the happiest days of my life was in the summer of 1990 when Juve purchased him. It was a dream come true for me.

- - - Updated - - -

115 goals in 200 matches in 5 seasons for Juve, including his last one when he was out injured for months with a knee injury.

As a support striker, no less.
I realise that is what he was technically speaking, but in reality he was so, so much more... Much like ADP, he ranscended mere 'attacking roles', he's just a brilliant attacker with enormous capacity for creativity and imagination that cannot be measured by any tangible or physical scale..

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I realise that is what he was technically speaking, but in reality he was so, so much more... Much like ADP, he ranscended mere 'attacking roles', he's just a brilliant attacker with enormous capacity for creativity and imagination that cannot be measured by any tangible or physical scale..

That is true, you are correct, but unlike most prolific goal scorers of that generation, Roby was the one who more often than not, initiated the attack from the middle of the pitch into the attacking zones. To score the amount of goals that he did during his career, with the responsibility for being not only a finisher, but a protagonist in the build up of play, is legendary.

I mean, he was simply breathtaking. That is why he will never be tied to a certain club, but to the country of Italy itself. During those times, it was all Baggio, all the time all over the peninsula. He had the heart of Italy in his hands, and to me, that is what made him unique.

Nov 17, 2012
That is true, you are correct, but unlike most prolific goal scorers of that generation, Roby was the one who more often than not, initiated the attack from the middle of the pitch into the attacking zones. To score the amount of goals that he did during his career, with the responsibility for being not only a finisher, but a protagonist in the build up of play, is legendary.

I mean, he was simply breathtaking. That is why he will never be tied to a certain club, but to the country of Italy itself. During those times, it was all Baggio, all the time all over the peninsula. He had the heart of Italy in his hands, and to me, that is what made him unique.
That is sort of how I feel about ADP too, I mean despite the fact Alex was a career long Juventino and Roby did a stint at each of the major clubs. Yet they both 'had the heart of Italy in their hands' as you put it (though in all fairness, this applies more to Baggio than Del Piero); in saying that though, I rarely hear of Diavoli or Interisti speak ill of our capitano, he earned nation wide respect in that sense. Unlike the Materazzi's of this world, Alex never polarised fans, much in the ilk of his predecessor Roby. They are that rare breed of player that can galvanise a nation, and have the entire country stand behind, respect, cheer on and admire them without fail; the massive contrast was Roby having represented all the big boys in Serie E and Alex for Juventus exclusively.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)