Robert Kovac [merged] (3 Viewers)

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
The original post is from Goal.com, not Football Italia. This is probably just one of those bullshit rumours, if we would but everyone who the media bring up our squad would be even bigger then Inter's...

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Mr. Gol ] ++
The original post is from Goal.com, not Football Italia. This is probably just one of those bullshit rumours, if we would but everyone who the media bring up our squad would be even bigger then Inter's...
I hope you are right I want some young and talented defenders

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Report: Juve capture Kovac
Wednesday 9 March, 2005

There are strong reports that Juventus have already signed a contract with Bayern Munich defender Robert Kovac.

The club had already been linked with the player earlier this week, but the latest news from the Italian papers suggests a deal has been struck for a free transfer as he will be out of contract at the end of the season.

Croatian international Kovac will turn 31 years of age in April and Calciomercato.it claims he has put pen to paper on a two-year deal with Juventus.

It will be the first Serie A experience for the central defender, who was born in Berlin and played for Bayer Leverkusen before moving to Bayern Munich in 2001. He is valued at over £3m.

Fabio Capello and director general Luciano Moggi have been revolutionising the defence since the summer, allowing Mark Iuliano to join Real Mallorca and loaning out Nicola Legrottaglie (Bologna) and Igor Tudor (Siena).

Ciro Ferrara is set to retire at the end of the current campaign and Paolo Montero is also moving on after spending most of this season on the bench.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Yea, but at 31, you wonder what its all about? Backup, to trade in or actually replace defenders who are as old but better?

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i dont understand why moggi goes for old defenders. yes he is free, but at 31 years of age, how does this help the ageing defence problem??

i hope to see montero leave and teh like sof legro and tudor not return. its pointless, we need younger quality defenders.

Geof

May 14, 2004
backup.
if we don't sign anyone, montero will be the only back up for an aging defence,... it's better than nothing, but we should sign at least one young defender a la barzagli

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
After selling Montero and giving away Tudor, as well as Montero's form Robert will be a good backup player. He can serve well for a couple of years

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)