River cant post (1 Viewer)

Unregistered

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. You do not have permission to access the page that you were trying to. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or trying to access administrative features? Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I cant post in any threads, anywhere.

River.

Buy on AliExpress.com

River

Jun 15, 2004
Ive got a question. How does the banning work? Is it by IP address?

Why I ask is because myself and Emma, usually connect through the university network using remote access. So therefore the IPs would be the same right? So say you banned me, would you in turn ban everyone on the Liverpool Uni network?:D

And Graham i think it was a hint, one that went waay over my head of course:D

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Yeah Marty thanks for that mate :flirt: I'm assuming it's when you hit 10,000 posts right? You didn't update the ranks page yet :geek:

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by River ] ++
Im a year older than them ;)
He has a finely honed eye for that sort of thing. ;)

AFAIK, if you've earned a ban (or if Martin hits the wrong button), you just can't post anywhere but the support forum (as guest). Blocking an IP address is pretty serious, but it can be done if there's some serious problems with someone (or several people) waging a campaign against the forum.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
Blocking an IP address is pretty serious, but it can be done if there's some serious problems with someone (or several people) waging a campaign against the forum.
Ahh that reminds me of the old days where I could access this site once in a blue moon because of all the DoS attacks :irritate: It's always difficult blocking complete IP address ranges though, I mean a whole bunch of users can have very similar IPs simply due to the ISP that they connect through, and in a lot of cases, more than one user from a university or other such establishment may want to access the site

River

Jun 15, 2004
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++

He has a finely honed eye for that sort of thing. ;)
Although it must also be said im superior in every way than Emma and Mac :D :stuckup:

AFAIK, if you've earned a ban (or if Martin hits the wrong button), you just can't post anywhere but the support forum (as guest). Blocking an IP address is pretty serious, but it can be done if there's some serious problems with someone (or several people) waging a campaign against the forum.
AFAIK? Man these things are getting outta control. Whats that mean ?:D

Maybe he wants me out. :D:groan:

[EDIT: To remove the impression that I think I'm better than Emma. Naturally, everyone knows I'm superior to Mac ;) - Mikhail]

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
AFAIK - As Far As I Know. Very common internet shorthand. Along with IIRC (if I remember correctly), it's the only one I really use.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)