Rivaldo Released (1 Viewer)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Shouldn't come as a shock to anyone. I guess no one was going to offer any money for him in January, and Milan probably sensing that, did the guy a favor and released him now. Pretty classy move by Milan, I think. Let him get a chance to sign with someone now before his value is further diminished in January.

Sep 28, 2002
but he already was released, then couple of days later he came back. or am i missing something?
rivaldo was dumbass to join milan, milan were asses to sign him. funny haha, rivaldo, was one of the best players around and he is released by second club in a row. proving your worth, ay champ? :D

Sep 28, 2002
but he already was released, then couple of days later he came back. or am i missing something?
rivaldo was dumbass to join milan, milan were asses to sign him. funny haha, rivaldo, was one of the best players around and he is released by second club in a row. proving your worth, ay champ? :D

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++

rivaldo was dumbass to join milan, milan were asses to sign him.
Didn't cost them a cent to sign him and his salary was paid just on jerseys sold in Brazil and South America alone...the fan base went up fivefold in Brazil.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++

Didn't cost them a cent to sign him and his salary was paid just on jerseys sold in Brazil and South America alone...the fan base went up fivefold in Brazil.
Temporarily.

Their perception on what happened with Rivaldo during his time with Milan may differ greatly with other opinions, or with reality. This may adversely affect the fan base, whatever their was of it, in Brazil.

Like Milan gives a rat's ass anyway.

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001

It's all about the money, huh? :rolleyes:

OP
Henry

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
  • Thread Starter #8
    probably.......lol-it's amazing how you can go from winning the WC, to barely playing for your club.......and being released twice!!!

Sep 28, 2002

i dont think brazilians bought millions of jerseys with his name, they're poor, they buy fake replicas that dont give milan any profit. about the fan base you're right. but what pisses me off is the fact that when he was signed he was still great, had a great world cup and then he disappeared. last season's failure was due to his fitness, but this year? i've read in the uefa magazine that ancelotti planned big things with him. and then he signed kaka. for gods sake, i if you dont need him just let him go. off-season would be nice

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    rivaldo was dumbass to join milan, milan were asses to sign him.
    You can't call him a dumbass for signing Milan. htf was he meant to know that he'd never get time on the pitch? I for one thought he was gonna be a huge threat to the Serie A teams that faced him, us included.

As for Milan, who wouldn't sign a player like Rivaldo for free? I'd be happy if Juve got him...

i dont think brazilians bought millions of jerseys with his name, they're poor, they buy fake replicas that dont give milan any profit.
    That's pretty judgmental dude. Brazilians are very passionate about their football, so that's not for you to say.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    I sound angry? :LOL: You haven't seen me angry :devil:

I'm just saying that it's not for you to generalise about that kind of thing... :)

Sep 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

You can't call him a dumbass for signing Milan. htf was he meant to know that he'd never get time on the pitch? I for one thought he was gonna be a huge threat to the Serie A teams that faced him, us included.

As for Milan, who wouldn't sign a player like Rivaldo for free? I'd be happy if Juve got him...

i wouldn't sign him. i really hate that guy. there've been talks that juv should try to get him but i was just sitting and "no no no". thankfuly moggi had some mind.

Sep 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    I sound angry? :LOL: You haven't seen me angry :devil:

I'm just saying that it's not for you to generalise about that kind of thing... :)
    hey, i know what's it like in a poor country. if my mom woul find out how much i spent on juve jersey... she'd never give money.
    and my frieds stil call me idiot.

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
    Nov 16, 2003

i dont think brazilians bought millions of jerseys with his name, they're poor, they buy fake replicas that dont give milan any profit. about the fan base you're right. but what pisses me off is the fact that when he was signed he was still great, had a great world cup and then he disappeared. last season's failure was due to his fitness, but this year? i've read in the uefa magazine that ancelotti planned big things with him. and then he signed kaka. for gods sake, i if you dont need him just let him go. off-season would be nice
    If he was so great he would not have been a free transfer. Ever think about that?

Majed

Jul 17, 2002

If he was so great he would not have been a free transfer. Ever think about that?
    He had personal problems with Barca (starting with him being late for the start of summer training after the WC), so Barca ripped his contract.
    He had great years with them... This is an example of how being a free transfer doesn't really mean "not great."

His problems with Milan were different, Milan just couldn't dicapline him correctly where he would try harder, or they just didn't know how to handle a great player like him (not that Milan donr know how to handle great players). Kinda like Juve-Henry.

Rivaldo is one of the best in the World.... too bad Milan Killed him :groan:

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
    Nov 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by fred weasley ] ++
    at last they realesed him,i used to love watching Rivaldo,but IMO the serie A just doesnt suit him.
    Exactly

and Majed: With all due respect I was answering a question NOT posed by you..so your answering it and making giving me your own two cents was beyond the scope of my response which was specifc to someone else's comment.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

Exactly

and Majed: With all due respect I was answering a question NOT posed by you..so your answering it and making giving me your own two cents was beyond the scope of my response which was specifc to someone else's comment.
    well incubo you'll have to get used to that but he always does that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)